Update XX: A Darn Good Judge of My Financial Situation
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 07:27:35 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update XX: A Darn Good Judge of My Financial Situation
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 ... 78
Poll
Question: Will Bushie break 300 pounds before the end of February?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 63

Author Topic: Update XX: A Darn Good Judge of My Financial Situation  (Read 207307 times)
Smash255
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #725 on: January 26, 2015, 01:59:54 PM »

Bushie, 

1.  Why do you favor laws based off your personal religious beliefs?

2.  Why do you favor laws based off your own personal religious beliefs that others who might not share those same religious beliefs (regardless if they are of another religion, or a Christian with different religious beliefs? are forced to abide by?

3.  Would you favor laws based off someone else's religious beliefs that differ from yours?  Or simply only laws that are in line with your religious beliefs?
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #726 on: January 26, 2015, 02:14:35 PM »

Because America is a Christian Nation, Smash. His Middle School Science class taught him that also. And only God can change that.
J-Mann
United States

« Reply #727 on: January 26, 2015, 02:35:01 PM »

Hi, guys.  I certainly didn't mean to sound the least bit racist or bigoted last night. Although, bigotry is not necessarily a bad thing, but I digress.

Jeff, in what context is bigotry not a bad thing? (honestly curious)

Christians must follow the Biblical view of gay marriage.  The Bible does not support gay marriage.  The world sees anybody who does not support gay marriage as a bigot, but these "bigots" were just following a higher law - the Bible and the author of the Bible - Almighty God.  Following what the Bible says is never a bad thing, thus, in this case it is acceptable to be labeled as a bigot.

This is why I wish you (and others) would study the history and context of texts like the Bible rather than just interpreting what the words mean to you. Some of the same passages that condemn "lying with a man" are not only debatable in meaning due to the hand-me-down nature of the stories that preceded their first writing, which has then been translated dozens of times from the original text, but they're also side-by-side with other "rules" that ban the eating of shellfish, tell you never to mix your crops or to murder your children if they backtalk.

Later passages never talk about "gay marriage," but generally speak against orgies.

I've never understood why so-called sola scriptura Christians feel so free to dismiss the parts of the Bible they find inconvenient while vehemently attaching themselves to others. Would you support laws that ban divorce? Jesus ACTUALLY spoke against that. Would you support punishing farmers who mix their crops? How about killing children who throw tantrums, or executing the denizens of Sirloin Stockade who loaded up on shrimp?

Other than the general, unarguable and near-universal tenants in the Bible (ie: don't kill people, etc.), I don't understand what merits your adherence and what merits your dismissal ... seems a convenient game of pick-and-choose, don't you think?
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #728 on: January 26, 2015, 02:47:01 PM »

So Bushie lost his job, THEN became a Republican?

Is he really trying to destroy his own interests?

If we had a god-fearing Christian in the White House, instead of this Muslim atheist Barak Hussein Obummer, maybe Bushie wouldn't have lost his job in the first place!
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #729 on: January 26, 2015, 02:53:04 PM »

Don't forget the EPA regulations against CAD(D).
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #730 on: January 26, 2015, 02:57:18 PM »

So, I basically just got lied to.  I called this recruiter at 1130 and she told me to fill out an application online and then come in after lunch and speak with a recruiter.  I filled out the application, but when I got to the office I was told they don't see walk-ins and that someone would get back to me.  On top of that, no one remembered talking to me over the phone even though only 2 hours had elapsed, so they made me look like a liar.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #731 on: January 26, 2015, 02:58:57 PM »

I just spent the past 45 minutes applying for an entry-level AutoCAD Draftsman position.  It seemed longer than that, but it was only 45 minutes or so.  So far, that's two applications and a job fair.  My best friend at church, though, is going to send out a mass text tomorrow asking if anyone knows of any CAD jobs here in the Oklahoma City area.  I will be looking in Tulsa and he will be looking for me in Oklahoma City.  Tomorrow, I'm going to get the staffing agencies in Tulsa re-activated.  So, don't think I'm just sitting here idle.  I'm actively looking for a job even though it is late on a Wednesday night.

Thanks Obama.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #732 on: January 26, 2015, 03:06:07 PM »

So Bushie lost his job, THEN became a Republican?

Is he really trying to destroy his own interests?

If we had a god-fearing Christian in the White House, instead of this Muslim atheist Barak Hussein Obummer, maybe Bushie wouldn't have lost his job in the first place!
If it weren't for the atheist Muslim Kenyan, gas would be at $3/ gallon too! Why does Obummer hate America so much?
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #733 on: January 26, 2015, 03:24:36 PM »

Why do you support Christie? He seems too angry for someone like you Tongue
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #734 on: January 26, 2015, 03:51:54 PM »

So far, I have three applications put in so far today.  I am expecting two phone calls before the close of the day.  One lady said she would call me about 1500 and another will call me between 1530 and 1600.  These are not phone interviews, just follow ups on previous applications.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #735 on: January 26, 2015, 04:30:21 PM »
« Edited: January 26, 2015, 04:48:24 PM by Monarch »

At least this political talk forced ODF to apply for jobs in order to change the subject. Good work, Bushie.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #736 on: January 26, 2015, 05:41:38 PM »

Were any of these applications for retail/grocery jobs?
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #737 on: January 26, 2015, 06:04:21 PM »

So, I basically just got lied to.  I called this recruiter at 1130 and she told me to fill out an application online and then come in after lunch and speak with a recruiter.  I filled out the application, but when I got to the office I was told they don't see walk-ins and that someone would get back to me.  On top of that, no one remembered talking to me over the phone even though only 2 hours had elapsed, so they made me look like a liar.

This would never have happened if we didn't have Hussein Obongo as "president".
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #738 on: January 26, 2015, 06:36:07 PM »

It took 20 seasons for Our Dear Friend to 100% confirm he's a bigot and racist and gay hater.  He had his own coming out of sorts. 
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #739 on: January 26, 2015, 06:37:13 PM »

It took 20 seasons for Our Dear Friend to 100% confirm he's a bigot and racist and gay hater.  He had his own coming out of sorts. 

Funny thing is, I didn't confirm anything except in your make-believe mind.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #740 on: January 26, 2015, 06:38:26 PM »

Nope. Today was the big reveal.  Congrats, Phil.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #741 on: January 26, 2015, 06:40:02 PM »

Nope. Today was the big reveal.  Congrats, Phil.

Again, it was in your own make-believe mind.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #742 on: January 26, 2015, 06:42:35 PM »

Anyway, the job search for the day is finished unless I get some after-hours responses.  I have put in 4 applications and have 4 different recruiters looking for me.  I feel good about the day's results.  So far, no interviews have been scheduled, but I am confident that will change very soon.
Panda Express

« Reply #743 on: January 26, 2015, 06:43:39 PM »

Maybe they took one look at you and decided to not even bother? Did you have fried chicken grease stains on your shirt?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #744 on: January 26, 2015, 06:47:04 PM »

Maybe they took one look at you and decided to not even bother? Did you have fried chicken grease stains on your shirt?

I hadn't had anything but a bowl of cereal up to that point.
Negusa Nagast 🚀
Nagas
United States

« Reply #745 on: January 26, 2015, 06:51:12 PM »

That's not an answer to his question. That's a yes.
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

« Reply #746 on: January 26, 2015, 08:18:42 PM »

Jeff, employers do judge fat people negatively. They assume you're lazy, undisciplined and will be a drag on their operation. In your case, their assumptions are very true, but still...
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #747 on: January 26, 2015, 08:37:43 PM »

Jeff, employers do judge fat people negatively. They assume you're lazy, undisciplined and will be a drag on their operation. In your case, their assumptions are very true, but still...

I fully understand that and I'm not living in some fantasy land in regards to that.  It's something I have to work with.  It doesn't stop me from believing in myself and my abilities.  It doesn't stop me from selling myself as best I can.  It's up to employers to judge if I'd be a good fit for their company.  I cannot control their final decision.  All I can do is present myself in the best way possible.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #748 on: January 26, 2015, 08:42:34 PM »

It's a bit bigoted of them to hold such prejudice against fats, but as a wise Reverend once said, "bigotry is not necessarily a bad thing."
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #749 on: January 26, 2015, 08:57:28 PM »

It's a bit bigoted of them to hold such prejudice against fats, but as a wise Reverend once said, "bigotry is not necessarily a bad thing."

Your flattery is a bit strange, my friend.
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 ... 78  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies