Update XX: A Darn Good Judge of My Financial Situation
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 01:34:31 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update XX: A Darn Good Judge of My Financial Situation
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 ... 78
Poll
Question: Will Bushie break 300 pounds before the end of February?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 63

Author Topic: Update XX: A Darn Good Judge of My Financial Situation  (Read 208078 times)
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #750 on: January 26, 2015, 09:08:13 PM »

What about churches that perform gay marriages? Are those valid Christian marriages not legitimate in God's eyes?

If said churches are not producing legitimate marriages, it only follows logically that the heterosexual marriages performed by those churches aren't valid either? After all, a denomination either performs real marriages or it does not.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #751 on: January 26, 2015, 09:13:59 PM »

Get rid of the pedophile mustache and they may judge you less harshly.
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #752 on: January 26, 2015, 09:47:02 PM »

bushie lets this be a wake up call.

a 5'7" 300ib man does not make a good physical impression.

and remember, it was *you* that said bigotry isnt always a bad thing...
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #753 on: January 26, 2015, 09:49:01 PM »

So, I basically just got lied to.  I called this recruiter at 1130 and she told me to fill out an application online and then come in after lunch and speak with a recruiter.  I filled out the application, but when I got to the office I was told they don't see walk-ins and that someone would get back to me.  On top of that, no one remembered talking to me over the phone even though only 2 hours had elapsed, so they made me look like a liar.

Maybe they took one look at you and decided to not even bother? Did you have fried chicken grease stains on your shirt?

I hadn't had anything but a bowl of cereal up to that point.

Jeff, employers do judge fat people negatively. They assume you're lazy, undisciplined and will be a drag on their operation. In your case, their assumptions are very true, but still...

I fully understand that and I'm not living in some fantasy land in regards to that.  It's something I have to work with.  It doesn't stop me from believing in myself and my abilities.  It doesn't stop me from selling myself as best I can.  It's up to employers to judge if I'd be a good fit for their company.  I cannot control their final decision.  All I can do is present myself in the best way possible.

You can also help by eating better and exercising....
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

« Reply #754 on: January 26, 2015, 10:02:44 PM »

So, I basically just got lied to.  I called this recruiter at 1130 and she told me to fill out an application online and then come in after lunch and speak with a recruiter.  I filled out the application, but when I got to the office I was told they don't see walk-ins and that someone would get back to me.  On top of that, no one remembered talking to me over the phone even though only 2 hours had elapsed, so they made me look like a liar.

Maybe they took one look at you and decided to not even bother? Did you have fried chicken grease stains on your shirt?

I hadn't had anything but a bowl of cereal up to that point.

Jeff, employers do judge fat people negatively. They assume you're lazy, undisciplined and will be a drag on their operation. In your case, their assumptions are very true, but still...

I fully understand that and I'm not living in some fantasy land in regards to that.  It's something I have to work with.  It doesn't stop me from believing in myself and my abilities.  It doesn't stop me from selling myself as best I can.  It's up to employers to judge if I'd be a good fit for their company.  I cannot control their final decision.  All I can do is present myself in the best way possible.

No it isn't. You don't have to be a fat. How long have you been saying you plan on intending to try to think about losing weight? At least a couple of years. You could weigh under 200 pounds by now if you actually had some follow-through.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #755 on: January 26, 2015, 10:10:29 PM »

You can also help by applying for jobs for which you are qualified. Ditch the CADD. It's not working out. Go get a job at a big box store, or drive for Uber or something realistic. This clinging to shady office job thing is out of control.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #756 on: January 26, 2015, 10:43:52 PM »

bushie lets this be a wake up call.

a 5'7" 300ib man does not make a good physical impression.

and remember, it was *you* that said bigotry isnt always a bad thing...

I agree with all of this.  As far as the last statement.  If I use that statement on other people, I have to expect it to be used on me.  The Bible even says whatsoever you use against others, it will be used against you.  I made the bed, sometimes I have to sleep in it.  I'm not going to shy away from it just because it goes against me.  I know good and well it is a two-way street.  That is called "life" and in that regard life is fair.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #757 on: January 26, 2015, 10:44:48 PM »

Bushie have you abandoned your stubborn opposition to becoming an Uber driver yet?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #758 on: January 26, 2015, 10:48:06 PM »

I will answer Smash and Indy at once since their posts are similar.  I know there is a lot I need to be doing and a lot I could do to increase my favorability in the eyes of employers.  I'm not going to sit here and make another aimless goal.  As the forum has said, and rightly so, it's time to stop talking and start doing.  That's also a Biblical principle.  We need to talk about Christianity less and do Christianity more.  James 1:22a says "Be ye doers of the Word, and not hearers only"
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #759 on: January 26, 2015, 10:51:00 PM »

You can also help by applying for jobs for which you are qualified. Ditch the CADD. It's not working out. Go get a job at a big box store, or drive for Uber or something realistic. This clinging to shady office job thing is out of control.

CAD is definitely still working out.  I am not giving up on it, yet.  Remember again, it was not my performance that cut the last job short.

I do not want to drive for Uber because I don't want strangers in my car.  My car is my car and I want to listen to whatever I want or have my own thoughts.
Kushahontas
floating_to_sea
Kenya

« Reply #760 on: January 26, 2015, 10:58:57 PM »

Why should Oklahoma's economy as a whole suffer just because the rest of the country doesn't want to spend an extra dollar a gallon (which is really not that much in the grand scheme of things)?

I'm pretty sure you're jerking our chains right now...

Do you not remember that much of Oklahoma's and Texas's economies rely on the oil and gas industry?  It is no accident that the proposed Keystone XL Pipeline (which I support, BTW), would run through Oklahoma and Texas.

If lower gas prices indeed hurt the Oklahoman economy as much as you're saying, you may want to take issue with those who run the oil companies. Take a look at their profits ... their net profits ... on a quarterly basis, and tell me whether or not those could take a sliver of a hit to keep people employed?

Of course they could. Lower prices don't mean that oil is any less necessary. The need for bodies is still high ... if people are losing their jobs, it's not because the oil companies don't have the funds available to invest in more expansion or the employees to make that happen. It's because they answer to investors who want to see a certain number on the bottom line.

Big oil definitely bears a lot of the blame.  Of course they could take a little hit to spare their employees the hardship that comes with a layoff.  Be that as it may.  Prices as low as this are not all good news.  Sure, they ease the burden on the consumer's wallet, but the flip side is many American workers will have to struggle to feed their families or risk foreclosure or defaulting because daddy lost his job.

EDIT:  Let me add to this that $4.00 gas is not the answer, either as that also hurts many Americans.  No one is advocating for what we had just a few short months ago, but a happy medium of $2.50-$3.00.

Is that happy medium indexed to inflation?
Negusa Nagast 🚀
Nagas
United States

« Reply #761 on: January 26, 2015, 11:03:10 PM »

Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #762 on: January 26, 2015, 11:07:35 PM »

Yeah, "stop talking and start doing" by going to your bathroom and shaving your mustache off right now.
Sopranos Republican
Matt from VT
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.03, S: -8.87

« Reply #763 on: January 26, 2015, 11:10:48 PM »

Season XXI: We need to talk about Christianity less and do Christianity more.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #764 on: January 26, 2015, 11:34:04 PM »

I will answer Smash and Indy at once since their posts are similar. 

What about my question? As someone married in a church that also performs gay marriages, I have a personal interest in knowing whether you believe my marriage is valid in God's eyes.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #765 on: January 27, 2015, 09:53:42 AM »

"Lame duck Obama"? Bushie should change his username to Josh22 at this point.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #766 on: January 27, 2015, 09:54:16 AM »

CAD is definitely still working out.  I am not giving up on it, yet.  Remember again, it was not my performance that cut the last job short.
So glad to hear that your chronic unemployment is a thing of the past Roll Eyes
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #767 on: January 27, 2015, 10:24:51 AM »

It took 20 seasons for Our Dear Friend to 100% confirm he's a bigot and racist and gay hater.  He had his own coming out of sorts. 

Funny thing is, I didn't confirm anything except in your make-believe mind.

So far you're the only one who has disagreed with me.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #768 on: January 27, 2015, 10:43:58 AM »

Good morning.  I slept well and I have started the job search for today.  Hopefully, today will be just as productive as yesterday.
politicus
Atlas Icon
Denmark

« Reply #769 on: January 27, 2015, 10:45:59 AM »

All in favor of believing ODF is totally trolling us these last several days, say Amen.

WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #770 on: January 27, 2015, 10:56:07 AM »

i think we all realize that in bushie's circle of friends and family...being a fat is not a bad thing and not looked down upon.

im sure mama bushie encourages him to eat more.
J-Mann
United States

« Reply #771 on: January 27, 2015, 11:29:31 AM »

i think we all realize that in bushie's circle of friends and family...being a fat is not a bad thing and not looked down upon.

That's actually an interesting question, Jeff -- does your family acknowledge the health risks posed by your obesity and encourage you to eat better / exercise, or is it ignored?
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #772 on: January 27, 2015, 11:38:05 AM »

That's actually an interesting question, Jeff -- does your family acknowledge the health risks posed by your obesity and encourage you to eat better / exercise, or is it ignored?

They think diabetes is a joke so no.

As far as our reaction to Dad's diagnosis.  We all were laughing when he got home.  You can either get really upset and distraught or you can take it in stride and laugh.  We chose the laughing route.  Dad joked that he is now "joining the medicine club."  Up until now, he has not had to take medicine on a daily basis.  He'll be fine.  We know where we need to cut down and we'll have further meetings as a family, but it doesn't mean we're going to stop enjoying ourselves  in the food department, especially on the weekends.  As a family we have a policy that diets are not allowed to begin on weekends.  Weekends are about having fun with what you're eating and enjoy yourself.  Healthy (or healthier) eating is for Monday-Thursday night.  When Dad has Friday off, Thursday night gets lumped in with the weekend enjoyment.  We will continue to enjoy ourselves.  Clearly there needs to be changes to what we are doing, and those changes will come, but we are not going to throw everything in the cupboard in the trash and start over just because of a diagnosis.  We'll make gradual changes.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #773 on: January 27, 2015, 11:39:59 AM »

They think diabetes is a joke so no.

As far as our reaction to Dad's diagnosis.  We all were laughing when he got home.  You can either get really upset and distraught or you can take it in stride and laugh.  We chose the laughing route.  Dad joked that he is now "joining the medicine club."  Up until now, he has not had to take medicine on a daily basis.  He'll be fine.  We know where we need to cut down and we'll have further meetings as a family, but it doesn't mean we're going to stop enjoying ourselves  in the food department, especially on the weekends.  As a family we have a policy that diets are not allowed to begin on weekends.  Weekends are about having fun with what you're eating and enjoy yourself.  Healthy (or healthier) eating is for Monday-Thursday night.  When Dad has Friday off, Thursday night gets lumped in with the weekend enjoyment.  We will continue to enjoy ourselves.  Clearly there needs to be changes to what we are doing, and those changes will come, but we are not going to throw everything in the cupboard in the trash and start over just because of a diagnosis.  We'll make gradual changes.

I was looking for this disgusting post........Papa works his balls off to feed them, take care of the place, do the chores, run around, without a moment's peace......yet they laugh.  Repulsive
Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #774 on: January 27, 2015, 11:54:02 AM »

Actually, yes, your weight does stop you from selling yourself as best you can. Many employers will look at your physical form and think, "man, if this guy's body is such a mess, can his work product be any better?" Or, possibly, "if this man doesn't care about his own health, why would he care about the health of my business?" The simple fact is that fat people are routinely and significantly discriminated against in this country by those who are not fat.

"Presenting yourself in the best way possible" means getting your life together and losing some weight.
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 ... 78  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies