Update XX: A Darn Good Judge of My Financial Situation
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 05:24:52 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update XX: A Darn Good Judge of My Financial Situation
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 ... 78
Poll
Question: Will Bushie break 300 pounds before the end of February?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 63

Author Topic: Update XX: A Darn Good Judge of My Financial Situation  (Read 207834 times)
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #775 on: January 27, 2015, 12:07:40 PM »
« edited: January 27, 2015, 12:14:17 PM by Monarch »

"Presenting yourself in the best way possible" means getting your life together and losing some weight.

And with all the stress-free unemployed time he's had over the years, it's really inexcusable that he hasn't been able to lose any weight. He should be exercising every day and with all the naptime he should have plenty of energy to do so.

By simply eating a normal person's complete 3 meals of 700 calories max a day for 2100 calories a day with fruits and vegetables and taking a light walk at his best pace for 30 minutes (15 minutes from the front door of his house, turn around 15 minutes back), he would lose 15-20 pounds a month and be a normal weight by Thanksgiving Day, maybe even before the end of the summer.

His problems are a slap in the face to anyone with actual difficult weight loss challenges of the pesky 10 lbs or post-pregnancy baby weight who work 40 hours a week and raise children. He literally only has to behave like a normal human and the pounds would fly off.
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #776 on: January 27, 2015, 12:11:44 PM »

Good morning.  I slept well and I have started the job search for today.  Hopefully, today will be just as productive as yesterday.

Any exercise in the mix??
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #777 on: January 27, 2015, 12:16:04 PM »

Good morning.  I slept well and I have started the job search for today.  Hopefully, today will be just as productive as yesterday.

Any exercise in the mix??

Bushie's idea of a productive day is over the course of a 24 hour period to fill out 4 job applications, something that shouldn't take more than 30 minutes and if had a LinkedIn profile to auto fill in common questions, wouldn't take more than 5 minutes at most. The other 23.5 hours be damned.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #778 on: January 27, 2015, 03:49:32 PM »

The job search today has been pretty quiet.  I've been looking for new jobs to apply to, but I haven't found anything.  I will admit that I took a nap this morning, but I've been looking since I woke up at 1300 and haven't found a single thing.  There's still time left today, so I will be looking right up until 1700, which is another 2 hours.  The phone has been quiet today, too.  Nobody has called me.  I guess it's just one of those days...
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #779 on: January 27, 2015, 04:45:20 PM »

The job search today has been pretty quiet.  I've been looking for new jobs to apply to, but I haven't found anything.  I will admit that I took a nap this morning, but I've been looking since I woke up at 1300 and haven't found a single thing.  There's still time left today, so I will be looking right up until 1700, which is another 2 hours.  The phone has been quiet today, too.  Nobody has called me.  I guess it's just one of those days...

1.  How narrow of a focus do you have in your search that toy haven't found a single job to apply for?

2.  Did you get any exercise?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #780 on: January 27, 2015, 04:51:53 PM »

1.  How narrow of a focus do you have in your search that toy haven't found a single job to apply for?

I've been using a combination of Craigslist, Indeed, and Simply Hired.  I search for either drafter, AutoCAD, or CAD drafter.  I found 4 yesterday, but I haven't found any today.  I refresh all three sites every 15-30 minutes.

I haven't gotten any exercise, unfortunately.  I've been too focused on trying to find a job to apply for.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #781 on: January 27, 2015, 04:59:27 PM »

No, that's not why you didn't get any exercise. You just don't want to exercise. When you can admit that, you'll be on the first step to actually solving the problem of why you don't exercise.
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #782 on: January 27, 2015, 05:06:24 PM »

I've been using a combination of Craigslist, Indeed, and Simply Hired.  I search for either drafter, AutoCAD, or CAD drafter.  I found 4 yesterday, but I haven't found any today.  I refresh all three sites every 15-30 minutes.

I haven't gotten any exercise, unfortunately.  I've been too focused on trying to find a job to apply for.

1.  Broaden your such tI more than Drafter and CADD.  St

2.  No you were lazy

Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #783 on: January 27, 2015, 05:07:42 PM »

No, that's not why you didn't get any exercise. You just don't want to exercise. When you can admit that, you'll be on the first step to actually solving the problem of why you don't exercise.

You're right, to be honest it really didn't cross my mind for more than a brief second or two.
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #784 on: January 27, 2015, 05:13:12 PM »

Now that Bushie is unemployed in Tulsa rather than working and living in the sticks, his previous excuses for not walking are completely moot. He should be walking a mile a day minimum.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #785 on: January 27, 2015, 05:23:54 PM »

You're right, to be honest it really didn't cross my mind for more than a brief second or two.

Why not? What's stopping you from walking every day? What's stopping you right now from stepping outside your door, walking in one direction for 15 minutes and turning around walking back for 15 minutes?
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #786 on: January 27, 2015, 05:26:44 PM »

bushie, if you ate a light (i.e. normal supper for the rest of us) would mama bushie encourage you to eat more?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #787 on: January 27, 2015, 05:53:50 PM »

Why not? What's stopping you from walking every day? What's stopping you right now from stepping outside your door, walking in one direction for 15 minutes and turning around walking back for 15 minutes?

laziness - nothing more, nothing less.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #788 on: January 27, 2015, 06:01:04 PM »

bushie, if you ate a light (i.e. normal supper for the rest of us) would mama bushie encourage you to eat more?

Guaranteed.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #789 on: January 27, 2015, 06:05:21 PM »

She does not encourage me to be fat.  Granted, she does not encourage me enough to lose weight, but she mostly lets me live my own life and reap what I sow.  Grandma encourages me to eat healthier a little more, but she has really backed off in the past year.  Mostly, she lets me eat what I want.  Incidentally, Dad is doing a heck of a job managing his diabetes, and so is mom.  They splurge every now and then, but then get back on track almost immediately.  They eat virtually the same stuff I do.  The only difference is they are really good at portion control.  So much better than I am.  The doctors are amazed at how well their diabetes are under control.  We no longer laugh about it and they do take it seriously.  I'm just so thankful that everytime mine is checked, which is every six months, my blood sugar and A1C levels are always perfectly normal.  I am not taking any medication for diabetes, either.  I am really, really fortunate.  I need to do everything I can to keep it that way, and I have not been doing well, but I'll get there.  It may be a slow, painful process, but I'll get there.  Sorry for the rabbit chase, but I felt it was a good time for an update on their health.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #790 on: January 27, 2015, 06:09:00 PM »

This will sound like a broken record and probably will not be believed, which I can't blame, but I am going to try to eat better and start cooking for myself when I get up to Tulsa this weekend.  I'm going to start with the dishes I know, such as scrambled eggs, macaroni and cheese (stove top kind), and spaghetti and then branch out into other dishes as time goes on.  I'm not going to set any kind of elaborate goal just yet, I want to get started first before I set my sights on loftier goals.

You wrote this a week ago.  Have you started doing this yet?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #791 on: January 27, 2015, 06:09:13 PM »

Maybe a bit of good news here, although it's not enough to warrant kudos or 'atta boys', or the like, but I went to get Braum's for supper, but the burger tasted terrible to me, so I had to throw out half the burger.  I still consumed all the fries and coke, but I threw half the burger in the trash.
Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #792 on: January 27, 2015, 06:12:25 PM »

Maybe a bit of good news here, although it's not enough to warrant kudos or 'atta boys', or the like, but I went to get Braum's for supper, but the burger tasted terrible to me, so I had to throw out half the burger.  I still consumed all the fries and coke, but I threw half the burger in the trash.

So basically, you threw out the "healthiest" part of your incredibly unhealthy meal. Congrats.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #793 on: January 27, 2015, 06:13:03 PM »

Why were you eating at Braum's, when you said that once you'd return to Tulsa, you'd…?

This will sound like a broken record and probably will not be believed, which I can't blame, but I am going to try to eat better and start cooking for myself when I get up to Tulsa this weekend. 
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #794 on: January 27, 2015, 06:13:59 PM »

This will sound like a broken record and probably will not be believed, which I can't blame, but I am going to try to eat better and start cooking for myself when I get up to Tulsa this weekend.  I'm going to start with the dishes I know, such as scrambled eggs, macaroni and cheese (stove top kind), and spaghetti and then branch out into other dishes as time goes on.  I'm not going to set any kind of elaborate goal just yet, I want to get started first before I set my sights on loftier goals.

Not to this degree.  I bought the groceries, but I have yet to fix any of it.  I've already had my supper for tonight, but I hope to get started soon.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #795 on: January 27, 2015, 06:19:09 PM »

Not to this degree.  I bought the groceries, but I have yet to fix any of it.  I've already had my supper for tonight, but I hope to get started soon.

I think you should spend the next week planning the meals you're going to make for yourself.  Eat at Braum's every night during the week that you're planning.  No need to rush into things.  Once that week is over, you can reward yourself for your planning with another week or two of dinners at Braum's.
TTS1996
Rookie
Australia
« Reply #796 on: January 27, 2015, 06:34:05 PM »

So the good wholesome food (it's all relative) is going to sit in the refrigerator going off before you get the chance to do anything with it. Then you'll have to throw it away and get McDonalds again.

THIS IS NOT YOUR FAULT. No one told you food can go off in a refrigerator; the American Dream is a white picket fence, a white refrigerator, white eggs in the white refrigerator, fresh salad covered in white salad dressing, the fridge being a magic freshness device; mould doesn't come into it. Just get a double Braum-burger and triple fries to make up for the manky slop oozing down the side of your fridge and eating into your soul.
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #797 on: January 27, 2015, 06:36:41 PM »

She does not encourage me to be fat.  Granted, she does not encourage me enough to lose weight, but she mostly lets me live my own life and reap what I sow.  Grandma encourages me to eat healthier a little more, but she has really backed off in the past year.  Mostly, she lets me eat what I want.  Incidentally, Dad is doing a heck of a job managing his diabetes, and so is mom.  They splurge every now and then, but then get back on track almost immediately.  They eat virtually the same stuff I do.  The only difference is they are really good at portion control.  So much better than I am.  The doctors are amazed at how well their diabetes are under control.  We no longer laugh about it and they do take it seriously.  I'm just so thankful that everytime mine is checked, which is every six months, my blood sugar and A1C levels are always perfectly normal.  I am not taking any medication for diabetes, either.  I am really, really fortunate.  I need to do everything I can to keep it that way, and I have not been doing well, but I'll get there.  It may be a slow, painful process, but I'll get there.  Sorry for the rabbit chase, but I felt it was a good time for an update on their health.

Note.... your parents both have type-2 diabetes. Which means your chance of getting it is almost 100% ... if you don't change your ways.

I remember reading that post about your Dad's diagnosis and how everyone was laughing and that you were only going to worry about eating right on weekdays (that doesn't include Friday) so four nights a week, but if your poor father was able to get Friday off, then it would only be Monday-Wednesday nights.

No wonder with your family's reckless disregard for their health, that their doctors are amazed at their resilience.  
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #798 on: January 27, 2015, 07:03:57 PM »

Note.... your parents both have type-2 diabetes. Which means your chance of getting it is almost 100% ... if you don't change your ways.

This is true.  Which is why I said I feel fortunate that everything has read normal for me so far.  I know it won't stay normal forever or even for long if I continue to eat like this.  You're not going to hear any pushback from me.  I'll get there.  It'll probably be a slow and painful process, but I will get there.
TTS1996
Rookie
Australia
« Reply #799 on: January 27, 2015, 07:08:58 PM »

In defence of him - the 21st Century is stopping him. I've been out of work, put in job applications, got bored of 8 hours in front of jobsites. Rather than go and do a 3 hours walk (which I still had daylight for) I've stayed at home, stayed on the computer which was already fired up, and looked up interesting electoral facts on the internet which, after all, isn't this site for? I owe the fact I know who Tippecanoe and Tyler too are to such bumming about. When I'm 600 lb and in a home and boring the residents with arcane 200 year old foreign political trivia, I will thank this site for its gifts.

A half hour walk without any interesting electoral facts being dripped before my eyes was not appealing enough to tear me away. If this was 100 years earlier, I would of course have taken up the 3 hours walk out of boredom.
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 ... 78  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies