Update XX: A Darn Good Judge of My Financial Situation
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 03:15:35 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update XX: A Darn Good Judge of My Financial Situation
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 40 ... 78
Poll
Question: Will Bushie break 300 pounds before the end of February?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 63

Author Topic: Update XX: A Darn Good Judge of My Financial Situation  (Read 207289 times)
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #850 on: January 28, 2015, 12:37:12 AM »

It's time to go on another hiatus.  Nobody on this forum understands me and most think I'm the worst hell-bound person in the history of mankind.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #851 on: January 28, 2015, 12:39:12 AM »

See you on Thursday.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #852 on: January 28, 2015, 12:39:30 AM »

It's time to go on another hiatus.  Nobody on this forum understands me and most think I'm the worst hell-bound person in the history of mankind.

Angsty Teen Bushie.

Nobody gonna come between him and his love Doc Pepper.

Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #853 on: January 28, 2015, 12:43:04 AM »

Wait so does death-bed-conversion Hitler go to Heaven or not?
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #854 on: January 28, 2015, 12:46:54 AM »

I've asked this question to similar Christians before, the answer is yes, but to not dwell on such things as they're only tricks of the devil to test our faith.
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

« Reply #855 on: January 28, 2015, 12:52:51 AM »

I'm not answering your question.  You don't care about me.  All you care about is calling me the worst idiot in the world.  You hate me.  Plain and simple.  Why should I answer the question of someone who hates me?

I don't hate you. Hating someone requires actually giving a s#$% about them, which I don't in this case. I've offered advice and you've spurned it. I've brought up some unpleasant realities and you've denied them. The same goes for pretty much everyone here.

To paraphrase Harry Truman, we're not giving you hell. We're telling you the truth and you just think it's hell. Your life is a hot mess and it's going to stay that way until you realize that and actually do something about it. Until then, you'll continue to provide me with some light, after-work comic relief with the never ending SNL skit that is your life.
J-Mann
United States

« Reply #856 on: January 28, 2015, 01:02:25 AM »

For Christians of Jeff's background, the answer is, "of course." And as far as that belief goes, it's fairly core to Christianity itself: individuals can be saved regardless of what they have done if they repent and ask forgiveness and accept Christ as their Savior. There is no magic number of good deeds that need to be done in order to qualify for salvation. Can you imagine being the guy who missed getting into heaven by one good deed? It'd be like the sales person who misses quota by a dollar!

However, it's pretty despicable for anyone to use this core belief to justify a very un-Christian way of living. This is one reason why the Catholic concept of purgatory (which is referenced in the Bible as a purification process) promotes works in addition to acceptance and salvation. Perhaps if one believed that centuries of painful punishment was required to "burn the hell out of them," they would focus on doing good while on earth in addition to simply knowing the loopholes of a religion.
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #857 on: January 28, 2015, 01:10:11 AM »
« Edited: January 28, 2015, 01:12:02 AM by incredibly specific types of post-punk music »

You know, one interesting wrinkle in Bushie's theology is that by its standards, LGBT Christians are perfectly OK. I mean, even if you consider their actions and lifestyle to be sinful, they believe in Jesus, so they are just as saved as everyone else who does. But most who adhere to that utterly simplified and perverted form of sola gratia would not believe that, (although to be fair, there are people that do, I know it's pretty common amongst "liberal conservative evangelicals" or to be more clear, if you split conservative evangelicals in half the ones who would sit on the less conservative and thus relatively liberal half, similar to "right communists")

However please keep in mind that like most things, Bushie's theological understandings are:

1-extremely limited
2-twisted by him to suit his needs and justify his lifestyle whenever possible.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #858 on: January 28, 2015, 08:23:21 AM »

I love the references to Our Dear Friend's 535 pound weigh in. It reminds me of Santorum's 29 point loss in 2006.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #859 on: January 28, 2015, 08:24:50 AM »

I love the references to Our Dear Friend's 535 pound weigh in. It reminds me of Santorum's 29 point loss in 2006.

Or Bushie's 102 year old grandmother.

[In any case, it should be a 538 pound weigh in.  You guys forgot the District of Columbia.]
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #860 on: January 28, 2015, 09:07:36 AM »

Bushie, if you're so concerned about what people here think of you, go out and get a job. No recruiters. No craigslist. Just go to stores, and ask if they need help. You would not believe the praise you will get here from doing that.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #861 on: January 28, 2015, 09:25:41 AM »

Bushie, just don't post any more updates until you do one of these three things:

1) Prepare a meal for yourself that includes a vegetable.
2) Walk outside for at least 30 minutes straight.
3) Get a job.

If you don't do any of those things, you'll just get more negativity here (for good reason).
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #862 on: January 28, 2015, 09:29:43 AM »

It's amazing how walking 30 minutes a day is so much to ask for from Bushie. Especially as he's unemployed now, and living in a city.

Seriously Bushie can do this without even changing his lifestyle that much. Wake up, do a job app or two, watch some college football, go walk for 15 minutes, take a nap, watch some more TV, walk another 15 minutes, and then do whatever you want for the rest of the day. Bushie's previous excuses was that he was "too busy" because he was working (never mind that he was averaging far less than 8 hours a day), and that he lived with his grandmother in an area too rural so he'd have to drive to the city to do any walking, regardless of how much truth there is to either one, neither one applies anymore.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #863 on: January 28, 2015, 09:46:03 AM »

Remember this from October?:

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=200654.msg4349686#msg4349686

You must be logged in to read this quote.

After spending all that time living with Grandma, he should now have enough cooking knowledge to prepare whatever he likes, right?  Tongue
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #864 on: January 28, 2015, 11:48:02 AM »

If we had a goldmine of Our Dear Friend's lies, would it reach 2000 posts faster than the Update, since sometimes one post of his contains 4 or 5 doozies?
Stranger in a strange land
strangeland
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #865 on: January 28, 2015, 11:49:55 AM »

It's amazing how walking 30 minutes a day is so much to ask for from Bushie. Especially as he's unemployed now, and living in a city.

Seriously Bushie can do this without even changing his lifestyle that much. Wake up, do a job app or two, watch some college football, go walk for 15 minutes, take a nap, watch some more TV, walk another 15 minutes, and then do whatever you want for the rest of the day. Bushie's previous excuses was that he was "too busy" because he was working (never mind that he was averaging far less than 8 hours a day), and that he lived with his grandmother in an area too rural so he'd have to drive to the city to do any walking, regardless of how much truth there is to either one, neither one applies anymore.

No matter where he is, if he's by himself, he can do push-ups and sit-ups while watching football.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #866 on: January 28, 2015, 01:02:05 PM »

How odd that The Onion decides to share this article from 2009 on Facebook today 2 days after politics (!) were discussed in Update.

http://www.theonion.com/articles/if-god-had-wanted-me-to-be-accepting-of-gays-he-wo,11500/?utm_source=Facebook&utm_medium=SocialMarketing&utm_campaign=LinkPreview:NA:InFocus

This is getting pretty freaky. Why would a random article from October 2009 get promoted on a random day in January?
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #867 on: January 28, 2015, 01:27:03 PM »

I'm curious as to why he said two month?  I know he is being realistic, but I'm surprised he's not any more optimistic than that.

Oh Bushie...no dear...
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #868 on: January 28, 2015, 01:29:35 PM »

Does it really count as a hiatus if you were going to be asleep during that time anyway?
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #869 on: January 28, 2015, 02:09:53 PM »

What are the odds Bushie will still have the ability to walk this time next year? He's teetering on that point where people are so heavy with so little muscle that they are bedridden.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #870 on: January 28, 2015, 02:35:18 PM »

Would the Injuns pay for a Little Rascal?
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #871 on: January 28, 2015, 06:13:31 PM »

No matter where he is, if he's by himself, he can do push-ups and sit-ups while watching football.

I wonder if he can do a single push-up or sit-up...
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #872 on: January 28, 2015, 06:20:09 PM »

The point of the idea that you can get into heaven regardless of your sins is of course that you actually atone. Just sitting there and enjoying a life of sin because you have get out of hell free-card is not how it works in any half-serious theology. If there is a heaven Bushie certainly isn't getting into it.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #873 on: January 28, 2015, 06:46:37 PM »

I love when we rehash old things here! Sure, his idea of salvation is insane, but that's our Bushie!
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #874 on: January 28, 2015, 07:23:55 PM »

Only a matter of time before bushie needs a scooter.  And there is absolutely nothing wrong with that.
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 40 ... 78  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies