Update XX: A Darn Good Judge of My Financial Situation
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 12:01:29 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update XX: A Darn Good Judge of My Financial Situation
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43 44 ... 78
Poll
Question: Will Bushie break 300 pounds before the end of February?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 63

Author Topic: Update XX: A Darn Good Judge of My Financial Situation  (Read 207691 times)
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #950 on: January 30, 2015, 09:19:23 AM »

Good morning, guys, I am not afraid of cooking, I just dread cooking for one.  I'll get past that and be fine.

I like the slow cooker idea.  I have thought of that before, but just haven't bought it, yet.

And here we go... same with walking, dieting, actually learning to cook, and in the latest chapter... CROCK POT CONTROVERSY!  Will Bushie manage to make positive change in his life by placing foodstuffs in a pot?  Stay tuned.

Bushie, kidding aside, you can literally make burgers in one of these with little to no work.  I would hope that a fresh cooked burger at home for about $1 a pop will be more appealling than a $10 Braum's feast.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #951 on: January 30, 2015, 09:29:54 AM »

Good morning, guys, I am not afraid of cooking, I just dread cooking for one.  I'll get past that and be fine.

I like the slow cooker idea.  I have thought of that before, but just haven't bought it, yet.

And here we go... same with walking, dieting, actually learning to cook, and in the latest chapter... CROCK POT CONTROVERSY!  Will Bushie manage to make positive change in his life by placing foodstuffs in a pot?  Stay tuned.

Bushie, kidding aside, you can literally make burgers in one of these with little to no work.  I would hope that a fresh cooked burger at home for about $1 a pop will be more appealling than a $10 Braum's feast.

I will get one if not tomorrow then sometime this week.  I like the bacon cheeseburger idea, but I'm also thinking about putting on a small roast in the crockpot.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #952 on: January 30, 2015, 09:50:26 AM »

Do whatever you want, man. Just put things in there and turn it on!!

Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #953 on: January 30, 2015, 10:18:39 AM »

Why don't you make dinner for yourself tonight?  Is there anywhere else you need to go tonight?  If not, just make dinner at home.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #954 on: January 30, 2015, 10:52:23 AM »

Crockpot -

1) Add 1 roast, some peeled carrots, onions and spuds.  - dinner for several days

2) Add a half a dozen chicken breasts and throw a can of cream of chicken soup or cream of mushroom soup over them - dinner for several days.

3) Add a pork roast and a large jar or bag of sauerkraut.   - dinner for several days.

It's not rocket science.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #955 on: January 30, 2015, 10:57:28 AM »

Crockpot -

1) Add 1 roast, some peeled carrots, onions and spuds.  - dinner for several days

2) Add a half a dozen chicken breasts and throw a can of cream of chicken soup or cream of mushroom soup over them - dinner for several days.

3) Add a pork roast and a large jar or bag of sauerkraut.   - dinner for several days.

It's not rocket science.

Bolded are things that are too much work for Bushie, loathed by Bushie, and Bushie is paralyzingly afraid of trying. Be he will consider doing these things and hasn't decided,  yet.

HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #956 on: January 30, 2015, 10:59:55 AM »

Crockpot -

It's not rocket science.

Is ODF open to veggies and mushrooms these days?  
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #957 on: January 30, 2015, 12:55:36 PM »

Cooking for one is tough sometimes, but I do it all the time. Leftovers can be a bit of a bore, but I've learned to cook the right portions when it's just me eating and I'm fine.

Plus, cooking is loads of fun. It's one of my favorite things to do.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #958 on: January 30, 2015, 01:24:22 PM »

I good key is to cook the meat to be a neutrally enjoyable in multiple kinds of dishes, like a very simple chicken with garlic and onions can go great on a sandwich, work with pasta, in a burrito, or with some soysauce and stir fry veggies.

Pot roast works on its own with different combo of sides, on nachos, in sandwiches.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #959 on: January 30, 2015, 04:11:17 PM »

Guys, you might as well be speaking another language to ODF here, so unless you can furnish some slow-cook recipes that involve 80/20 beef, American cheese slices, ketchup and some assorted batters, it's best not to even try.
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #960 on: January 30, 2015, 04:13:43 PM »

Guys, you might as well be speaking another language to ODF here, so unless you can furnish some slow-cook recipes that involve 80/20 beef, American cheese slices, ketchup and some assorted batters, it's best not to even try.

I don't see any reason a week's worth of taco salad/enchilada casserole can't be crock pot prepared.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #961 on: January 30, 2015, 06:19:41 PM »

It has been a good day.  The interview went well this morning.  He still has two more interviews to conduct next week, so it may be either next Friday or the following week before I hear anything.  I haven't heard from anybody else today.  I did not cook for myself tonight, instead opting to go out to eat on this Friday night at Denny's.  I did not have breakfast, though, although I was tempted.  I had a double cheeseburger with about 7 or 8 French Fries.  Not the healthiest especially considering the burger was very greasy and very sloppy, but it tasted good.  Tomorrow, my parents are taking me out for a Mexican lunch and then I will get started cooking for myself on Monday evening.  I will order pizza for the Super Bowl.
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #962 on: January 30, 2015, 06:55:10 PM »

forget about health...bushie doesnt care about that kind of thing.

the thing that bothers me is that papa bushie is working his tail off while his 32 year old son eats out every. single. night. on papa's dime.  that is disgusting.  bushie lacks any kind of empathy.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #963 on: January 30, 2015, 07:06:41 PM »

I, for one, am excited about my cheat day for the Super Bowl. I'll probably eat an entire pizza on my own.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #964 on: January 30, 2015, 07:08:57 PM »

I, for one, am excited about my cheat day for the Super Bowl. I'll probably eat an entire pizza on my own.

I'm not sure I can do that much, but probably half is a good bet.  If I were smart, I'd limit it at half.  We all know how smart I am...  Tongue
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #965 on: January 30, 2015, 07:10:58 PM »

I'm not sure I can do that much, but probably half is a good bet.  If I were smart, I'd limit it at half.  We all know how smart I am...  Tongue

What do you like on your pizza? You've never eaten a whole one before? In college, we used to get the 7.99 dominos specials on Tuesday and sometimes I'd eat all of it, although that was 4 years ago.

Anyway, after a month of not having carbs at all, as good as I feel, I don't think I can watch the Super Bowl without pizza and beer.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #966 on: January 30, 2015, 07:13:01 PM »

Not the healthiest especially considering the burger was very greasy and very sloppy, but it tasted good.

Well, as long as it tasted good, that's all that really matters.  I'll give you that.
#CriminalizeSobriety
Dallasfan65
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 5.48, S: -9.65

« Reply #967 on: January 30, 2015, 07:21:32 PM »

I had a double cheeseburger with about 7 or 8 French Fries.  Not the healthiest especially considering the burger was very greasy and very sloppy, but it tasted good.

Are you even pretending to think about trying to consider eating healthy any more?

Three hund-o has got to be around the corner.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #968 on: January 30, 2015, 07:22:39 PM »

What do you like on your pizza? You've never eaten a whole one before? In college, we used to get the 7.99 dominos specials on Tuesday and sometimes I'd eat all of it, although that was 4 years ago.

Anyway, after a month of not having carbs at all, as good as I feel, I don't think I can watch the Super Bowl without pizza and beer.

I'm a straight pepperoni guy.  I've eaten a whole one before, but lately the farthest I get is 6-7 slices.  Depending on how I feel, I can do anywhere between 4-7 slices in one sitting.

I'll probably order a 2-liter of Pepsi while I eat the pizza.

Then, it's time to atone for my sins on Monday, first off at the altar of the dentist chair...
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #969 on: January 30, 2015, 07:22:49 PM »

Denny's!  Of course it would have to be the worst crap imaginable!

We are at 300, ladies and gents.  I hope productive dumps are in order!
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #970 on: January 30, 2015, 07:23:01 PM »

I had a double cheeseburger with about 7 or 8 French Fries.  Not the healthiest especially considering the burger was very greasy and very sloppy, but it tasted good.

Are you even pretending to think about trying to consider eating healthy any more?

Three hund-o has got to be around the corner.

Monday
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #971 on: January 30, 2015, 07:25:27 PM »

I'm a straight pepperoni guy.  I've eaten a whole one before, but lately the farthest I get is 6-7 slices.  Depending on how I feel, I can do anywhere between 4-7 slices in one sitting.

Then, it's time to atone for my sins on Monday, first off at the altar of the dentist chair...

6-7 pepperoni slices?   Does it bother you at all that you are probably looking at a heart attack within 2 years?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #972 on: January 30, 2015, 07:27:58 PM »

6-7 pepperoni slices?   Does it bother you at all that you are probably looking at a heart attack within 2 years?

So you're a doctor now?  When did you finish medical school?  Where do you work?
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #973 on: January 30, 2015, 07:30:22 PM »

You're a walking tub of lard and you're only expanding. It doesn't take a doctor to foresee potential heart attacks. This is why you should eat less and exercise more.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #974 on: January 30, 2015, 07:32:17 PM »

So is that why you endorsed Chris Christie?  Because he opposes gay pepperoni pizzas, but not enough to actually not eat them?
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43 44 ... 78  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies