Update XX: A Darn Good Judge of My Financial Situation
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 01:52:48 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update XX: A Darn Good Judge of My Financial Situation
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 45 46 ... 78
Poll
Question: Will Bushie break 300 pounds before the end of February?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 63

Author Topic: Update XX: A Darn Good Judge of My Financial Situation  (Read 207705 times)
retromike22
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1000 on: January 31, 2015, 01:53:10 AM »

Someone needs to repost that weight graph.
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1001 on: January 31, 2015, 02:07:53 AM »

I, for one, am excited about my cheat day for the Super Bowl. I'll probably eat an entire pizza on my own.

I'm not sure I can do that much, but probably half is a good bet.  If I were smart, I'd limit it at half.  We all know how smart I am...  Tongue

What do you like on your pizza? You've never eaten a whole one before? In college, we used to get the 7.99 dominos specials on Tuesday and sometimes I'd eat all of it, although that was 4 years ago.

Anyway, after a month of not having carbs at all, as good as I feel, I don't think I can watch the Super Bowl without pizza and beer.

I'm a straight pepperoni guy.  I've eaten a whole one before, but lately the farthest I get is 6-7 slices.  Depending on how I feel, I can do anywhere between 4-7 slices in one sitting.

I'll probably order a 2-liter of Pepsi while I eat the pizza.

Then, it's time to atone for my sins on Monday, first off at the altar of the dentist chair...

6-7 pepperoni slices?   Does it bother you at all that you are probably looking at a heart attack within 2 years?
TBH I can eat 6-7 slices of pepperoni, and I'm not fat. I'm quite younger than he is though.

I'm basically the same age as Bushie,  and can pretty much do almst the same (though with actual Pizza and not the Domino's cardboard)   However,  unlike Bushie I exercise.
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1002 on: January 31, 2015, 04:26:09 AM »

I was binge watching Breaking Bad all day and night Friday.  The parallels are uncanny.  It's been said before but it's completely true.
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1003 on: January 31, 2015, 04:51:14 AM »

I, for one, am excited about my cheat day for the Super Bowl. I'll probably eat an entire pizza on my own.

I'm not sure I can do that much, but probably half is a good bet.  If I were smart, I'd limit it at half.  We all know how smart I am...  Tongue

What do you like on your pizza? You've never eaten a whole one before? In college, we used to get the 7.99 dominos specials on Tuesday and sometimes I'd eat all of it, although that was 4 years ago.

Anyway, after a month of not having carbs at all, as good as I feel, I don't think I can watch the Super Bowl without pizza and beer.

I'm a straight pepperoni guy.  I've eaten a whole one before, but lately the farthest I get is 6-7 slices.  Depending on how I feel, I can do anywhere between 4-7 slices in one sitting.

I'll probably order a 2-liter of Pepsi while I eat the pizza.

Then, it's time to atone for my sins on Monday, first off at the altar of the dentist chair...

6-7 pepperoni slices?   Does it bother you at all that you are probably looking at a heart attack within 2 years?
TBH I can eat 6-7 slices of pepperoni, and I'm not fat. I'm quite younger than he is though.

I'm basically the same age as Bushie,  and can pretty much do almst the same (though with actual Pizza and not the Domino's cardboard)   However,  unlike Bushie I exercise.

That's the thing, none of those slices are being worked off in any way at all.  It's productive dumps or nothing these days.
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #1004 on: January 31, 2015, 05:45:28 AM »

He is already there.
politicus
Atlas Icon
Denmark

« Reply #1005 on: January 31, 2015, 05:52:01 AM »

Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #1006 on: January 31, 2015, 07:43:19 AM »

Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1007 on: January 31, 2015, 09:14:37 AM »

Do any of you actually believe this business about a "paralyzing phobia" of cooking for one?  That's the most bizarre phobia I've ever heard of.  And Bushie seemed to just came up with it yesterday, as far as I can tell, never having mentioned it before.  Why didn't he ever say anything about it any of the other times we urged him to cook?

Isn't it far more likely that the real reason for not cooking is some combination of laziness/stubbornness/preferring the taste of the crap at Braum's and Denny's to real food?
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #1008 on: January 31, 2015, 09:42:37 AM »

memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1009 on: January 31, 2015, 09:48:49 AM »

Has the Brown family ever been to the Cheesecake Factory? They are a chain that is well known for having extremely large portion sizes and calorie counts. Seems like it'd be their style.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #1010 on: January 31, 2015, 10:14:32 AM »

Do any of you actually believe this business about a "paralyzing phobia" of cooking for one?  That's the most bizarre phobia I've ever heard of.  And Bushie seemed to just came up with it yesterday, as far as I can tell, never having mentioned it before.  Why didn't he ever say anything about it any of the other times we urged him to cook?

Isn't it far more likely that the real reason for not cooking is some combination of laziness/stubbornness/preferring the taste of the crap at Braum's and Denny's to real food?

Again, it's not a phobia that I'm afraid of, I just hate cooking for just one.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1011 on: January 31, 2015, 10:16:48 AM »

Has the Brown family ever been to the Cheesecake Factory? They are a chain that is well known for having extremely large portion sizes and calorie counts. Seems like it'd be their style.

No, we haven't.  And, we won't, either.  The last thing that Dad had before he was diagnosed was a piece of cheesecake.  I'm not a fan of cheesecake myself, so there's no need to go there.
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1012 on: January 31, 2015, 10:29:46 AM »

No, we haven't.  And, we won't, either.  The last thing that Dad had before he was diagnosed was a piece of cheesecake.  I'm not a fan of cheesecake myself, so there's no need to go there.

Bushie, dia-beet-us is not like contaminated meat.  You don't catch it from one serving.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1013 on: January 31, 2015, 11:28:19 AM »

They have more than just cheesecake. It's a full restaurant. Their portions must be seen to be believed.  You'd have to go to Cracker Barrel 3 times to get as much food as you get there.
#CriminalizeSobriety
Dallasfan65
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 5.48, S: -9.65

« Reply #1014 on: January 31, 2015, 11:54:30 AM »

I'm not going to consume an entire 2 liter.  I can't do that in one sitting.  The best I can do is about a third.  Plus, it's the Super Bowl.  I'm not going to diet on Super Bowl Sunday.

If you're only going to consume a third of the bottle wouldn't you be better off just getting a 1 liter?

I get not wanting to diet on the Super Bowl (even if you don't normally diet) but why can't you eat healthy tonight? I don't care where your parents are taking you. Man up and eat some broccoli.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #1015 on: January 31, 2015, 12:08:10 PM »

Sopranos Republican
Matt from VT
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.03, S: -8.87

« Reply #1016 on: January 31, 2015, 12:20:08 PM »

I'm not going to consume an entire 2 liter.  I can't do that in one sitting.  The best I can do is about a third.  Plus, it's the Super Bowl.  I'm not going to diet on Super Bowl Sunday.

If you're only going to consume a third of the bottle wouldn't you be better off just getting a 1 liter?

I get not wanting to diet on the Super Bowl (even if you don't normally diet) but why can't you eat healthy tonight? I don't care where your parents are taking you. Man up and eat some broccoli.

There is ABSOLUTELY NOTHING WRONG, with enjoying yourself on the weekend, Dallas! Dieting is NOT ALLOWED! Besides, his parents are offering to buy him dinner. Refusal would be rude!
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1017 on: January 31, 2015, 12:34:57 PM »

Bushie, dia-beet-us is not like contaminated meat.  You don't catch it from one serving.

Haha, oh dear... Classic Bushie™.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1018 on: January 31, 2015, 12:38:43 PM »

He probably is but like a master storyteller he knows that the official announcement will be the perfect way to end the 20th season.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1019 on: January 31, 2015, 01:20:03 PM »

You referred to it as an "irrational dread" and a "paralyzing phobia":

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=205756.msg4469591#msg4469591

But OK, let's say you misspoke and you're not actually afraid of it.  It's just something you hate doing.  What about it do you hate?  What aspect of it is unpleasant?

For example, I don't like cleaning my apartment, and I'd say that's a combination of laziness and finding it tedious and boring.  Is that what it is for you?  Because if not….what other explanation is there, other than that you just plain prefer the taste of the food at those restaurants and don't want to give it up?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1020 on: January 31, 2015, 02:01:26 PM »

Haha, oh dear... Classic Bushie™.

I did not mean that the cheesecake alone was responsible.  It's just the last thing he ate before he was diagnosed.  The cheesecake was probably just icing on the cake (sorry for the pun).  We're still surprised he was diagnosed because he is not a sweets eater.  He eats sweets occasionally, but not as a general rule.  We all thought I would get it before him.

Anyway, I did not gorge myself at lunch and I've already decided for supper, I am just going to scramble a couple eggs.  I don't feel like a greasy, fat-laden hamburger tonight.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1021 on: January 31, 2015, 02:02:11 PM »

You referred to it as an "irrational dread" and a "paralyzing phobia":

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=205756.msg4469591#msg4469591

But OK, let's say you misspoke and you're not actually afraid of it.  It's just something you hate doing.  What about it do you hate?  What aspect of it is unpleasant?

For example, I don't like cleaning my apartment, and I'd say that's a combination of laziness and finding it tedious and boring.  Is that what it is for you?  Because if not….what other explanation is there, other than that you just plain prefer the taste of the food at those restaurants and don't want to give it up?

You described exactly how I feel about it.  Laziness and tedious.
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1022 on: January 31, 2015, 02:03:34 PM »

I don't blame Bushie for not wanting to cook for himself. Back before I was de-facto married, I too was too lazy to "cook" for myself. But I was also a poor, so it meant I was too lazy too eat very much, and I would rarely eat out. It actually resulted in me losing a lot of weight. If only Bushie was too lazy/too poor to eat out.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #1023 on: January 31, 2015, 02:04:07 PM »

For a man with his ultra sedentary lifestyle and his considerable girth, then it absolutely would be.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1024 on: January 31, 2015, 02:18:07 PM »

I did not mean that the cheesecake alone was responsible.  It's just the last thing he ate before he was diagnosed.  The cheesecake was probably just icing on the cake (sorry for the pun).  We're still surprised he was diagnosed because he is not a sweets eater.  He eats sweets occasionally, but not as a general rule.  We all thought I would get it before him.

White bread, potatoes, pancakes, milk, pasta, etc. all cause diabetes but are not sweet. Sugary food is not always sweet.

Also, I like how you eats sweets as a "general rule."
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 45 46 ... 78  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies