Update XX: A Darn Good Judge of My Financial Situation
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 12:43:51 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update XX: A Darn Good Judge of My Financial Situation
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 47 48 ... 78
Poll
Question: Will Bushie break 300 pounds before the end of February?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 63

Author Topic: Update XX: A Darn Good Judge of My Financial Situation  (Read 208011 times)
memphis
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1050 on: January 31, 2015, 10:58:17 PM »

Bushie style morbid obesity is just a few percent of the population in any state. I live in a high fat part of the country, and, I do see people Bushie's size here and there, but it isn't like these folks are a substantial part of the population.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1051 on: January 31, 2015, 11:01:01 PM »

5'7" 300 ibs.  that should be a wake up call.
Presuming both those stats are correct, Bushie could lose over 100 lbs and still be technically obese.
Edu
Ufokart
Junior Chimp
Argentina

« Reply #1052 on: January 31, 2015, 11:18:58 PM »

5'7" 300 ibs.  that should be a wake up call.

odf has to be having some mobility struggles by now.

I move around just fine, actually.

Didn't you say at some point in the update thread that your legs hurt after standing for a while? and I believe you mentioned something about back pains too.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1053 on: February 01, 2015, 12:59:43 AM »

Bushie style morbid obesity is just a few percent of the population in any state. I live in a high fat part of the country, and, I do see people Bushie's size here and there, but it isn't like these folks are a substantial part of the population.

Yes. 5'7" 300 lbs is 47.1 BMI and classified as Class III Super Obesity. Bushie is the 99th percentile of fattest asses in America. He is the 1%.
Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1054 on: February 01, 2015, 01:39:30 AM »

I just took a Bushiesque 3 hour nap. Refreshing.

No waaaaaaay!  I just ate a Bushiesque dinner.  5 chicken strips.  Three in bowl smothered in mashed taters and BBQ sauce.  Two on a roll with buffalo sauce, pepper jack cheese, bacon, roasted red peppers, baby spinach, and oil.  Washed that down with a tall glass of Sprite. 

Yummy as balls!

That's nothing like a Bushie dinner. He'd never eat pepper jack cheese, roasted red peppers and baby spinach. Nope, best to stay safe with nothing but fried carbs and sugar. And Sprite? That's a clear soda.
TheDeadFlagBlues
Junior Chimp
Canada
« Reply #1055 on: February 01, 2015, 02:11:50 AM »
« Edited: February 01, 2015, 02:14:17 AM by TheDeadFlagBlues »

Yes. 5'7" 300 lbs is 47.1 BMI and classified as Class III Super Obesity. Bushie is the 99th percentile of fattest asses in America. He is the 1%.

I'm more or less the same height as Our Dear Friend and he weighs 2.5 times more than me...

I eat junk food on a regular basis and don't exercise much.
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1056 on: February 01, 2015, 05:45:59 AM »

I'm more or less the same height as Our Dear Friend and he weighs 2.5 times more than me...

I eat junk food on a regular basis and don't exercise much.

I'm eight inches taller, weight somewhere in the area of seventy pounds less, and am slightly overweight and trying to drop another twenty-five.
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #1057 on: February 01, 2015, 07:35:29 AM »

I'm significantly taller than odf, around 6'2"...and I currently weigh in the 175 neighborhood.

Guess what I won't be doing today?  pigging out on crap just because there is an athletic event on the tee-vee.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #1058 on: February 01, 2015, 09:13:58 AM »

What snacks and meals are on tap for Super Bowl Sunday, Bushie?
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1059 on: February 01, 2015, 09:33:32 AM »

What snacks and meals are on tap for Super Bowl Sunday, Bushie?
If I were smart, I'd limit it at half.  We all know how smart I am...  Tongue
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #1060 on: February 01, 2015, 09:38:32 AM »

bushie thinks his overeating is humorous instead of deadly.

5'7" 300.  just let that sink in....
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #1061 on: February 01, 2015, 10:01:57 AM »

Hallelujah!  Happy Super Bowl Sunday, everyone!  Praise Him!
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #1062 on: February 01, 2015, 10:08:28 AM »

bushie thinks his overeating is humorous instead of deadly.

5'7" 300.  just let that sink in....

I'm tired of his shtick that he doesn't have any sign of diabetes.  With his vitals and family history it's guaranteed he'll have it by 40.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #1063 on: February 01, 2015, 01:11:04 PM »

I am home from a great morning service at church and now I'm watching the five hour long Super Bowl pregame followed by the three and a half to four hour game.  It's cold and blustery outside, so it's a good day to stay inside and spend the next 9 hours on the Super Bowl.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #1064 on: February 01, 2015, 01:12:42 PM »

I am home from a great morning service at church and now I'm watching the five hour long Super Bowl pregame followed by the three and a half to four hour game.  It's cold and blustery outside, so it's a good day to stay inside and spend the next 9 hours on the Super Bowl.

Reported for trolling.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1065 on: February 01, 2015, 01:21:19 PM »

Reported for trolling.

Haha.  I will get up and move around this afternoon and evening, but my focus will be on the Super Bowl.  As for lunch, I am just going to have a couple hot dogs and then order pizza around 1600.  I will try to behave myself some what with the pizza.  I'm not going to go hog wild, mainly because my nerves are elevated because of the dentist appointment tomorrow.  Because of the dentist appointment, also, I have to kind of behave myself...
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1066 on: February 01, 2015, 01:34:33 PM »

So only 5 or 6 slices tonight? What will you have for dessert?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1067 on: February 01, 2015, 01:38:03 PM »

So only 5 or 6 slices tonight? What will you have for dessert?

No dessert
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1068 on: February 01, 2015, 01:42:51 PM »

Will you tell us how many slices you're gonna have?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1069 on: February 01, 2015, 01:48:44 PM »

I'll tell you this evening how many I had.
J-Mann
United States

« Reply #1070 on: February 01, 2015, 02:01:58 PM »

This is the pride thing I was alluding to earlier. You don't have to boast, "I'm 290 pounds and proud of it" to come across as totally oblivious and ignorant at best. You're unapologetic about the junk you put in your body despite telling everyone (for years) how much you want to change.

Good advice gets largely ignored.

Pleas for moderation are laughed at.

And no, I don't think you should have to eat kale dogs and hipster breath tonight. I won't. But I think you ought to balance your "Super Bowl" days with a balanced, healthy diet and plenty of exercise every other day. That's the pride I'm talking about ... you gloat about the unhealthy crap you'll eat tonight because, well, football, but you do nothing to offset it. Ever.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1071 on: February 01, 2015, 02:12:52 PM »

I was reading an old update thread and came across a post of Bushie boasting he was only 260 lbs and far from his peak of 275. Sad
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #1072 on: February 01, 2015, 02:15:14 PM »

I am struggling with what to get on my pizza today. I also keep waivering about whether I want to break my new diet or not in general.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1073 on: February 01, 2015, 02:23:52 PM »

This is the pride thing I was alluding to earlier. You don't have to boast, "I'm 290 pounds and proud of it" to come across as totally oblivious and ignorant at best. You're unapologetic about the junk you put in your body despite telling everyone (for years) how much you want to change.

Good advice gets largely ignored.

Pleas for moderation are laughed at.

And no, I don't think you should have to eat kale dogs and hipster breath tonight. I won't. But I think you ought to balance your "Super Bowl" days with a balanced, healthy diet and plenty of exercise every other day. That's the pride I'm talking about ... you gloat about the unhealthy crap you'll eat tonight because, well, football, but you do nothing to offset it. Ever.

I said what I did not out of ignorance, but not knowing how hungry I'll be in 3 or 4 hours.  I have never said, nor have I EVER implied that I'm proud of being 290.  Unapologetic?  I didn't know I had to apologize for eating what I want to?  I am not going to apologize to anyone, especially anyone on this forum, for what I put into my body.  What I eat, whether healthy or not, is not for the forum to judge.  The forum has NO RIGHT to judge me for ANY action that I EVER make.
Potus
Potus2036

« Reply #1074 on: February 01, 2015, 02:27:52 PM »

I think we are all sort of missing the very chemical aspect of what it wrong with Bushie's weight. There is a huge personal responsibility factor here, which is the topic most discussed by people here who care about Bushie.

The body can develop a dependency on a certain level and type of food. It grows accustomed to crazy, crazy levels of consumption, which are not healthy. It grows accustomed to foods that you a lot, good or bad. That's why so many obese people will tell you vegetables just don't taste good, even though some of the best foods I've had are vegetables. Their bodies are actually not sure what they're putting in their mouth.

Bushie, you can read any number other posts on the Update about how to make weight loss happen. You do need to make weight loss happen. But there are some very, very worthwhile medical approaches you could take to this issue. These are effective and be your "big break" to get serious about your health situation.

Restrictive surgery will either speed up how fast you feel full, or it will outright shrink your stomach. Note that these are very, very safe. Gastric bypass is the most well known form of restrictive surgery. It reduces the size of your stomach.

Look at Chris Christie, this surgery works wonders and it's not risky. It's safe and effective. It'll also generally improve your quality of life across the board.

I also checked, the Indian doctors can do it! You can get your gastric bypass surgery subsidized by the IHS, couple that with a reduction in food expenses, a decline in sick days, an ability to better dedicate yourself to work to keep a job, lower medical expenses, and, last but not least, you will feel better..

My father existed with a chronic health condition for some 30 years. It wasn't anything caused by his lifestyle, but it was there nonetheless. He couldn't correct it by lifestyle or by prescription because the issue was just a deformity of birth. Bushie, you've reached a certain point where action will need to be taken alongside you actually getting serious about your health.

My father had the chronic condition corrected via surgery and he has more energy than I have ever seen in my entire life. He's a million bucks. The man literally runs marathons now. Bushie, you could actually feel good about moving, going out, and having a life.

One of my biggest concerns about your lifestyle, Bushie, is the social consequences. People like to say you'll get diabetes or die at 50. But I think there are significant social consequences of your choice.

This example is a bit of a stretch, but I think it works. When we toppled Saddam's government in Iraq, we looked at the situation and decided that if we wanted a democratic government to stand, we to deal the people of Iraq in. We ran our infrastructure, economic development, and peacekeeping efforts through the Baghdad government so that people wouldn't rise up against the Baghdad government. Deal them in, they won't knock off the government.

Bushie, you haven't dealt anyone in. Who is supposed to be concerned about you? We tell you, "Getting you health together could put a decade on your life!" But we fail to ask the question of who you will you be living that decade for.

You need to make friends. To get a girlfriend. To get honest with yourself about your faith and actually push yourself to be a better man and a better Christian. This life you're living, one where you are slothful, gluttonous, prideful, and without fellowship, is not the life God intended for you.

Taking care of your temple is the first step in a long journey to dealing the world in. Start caring, Bushie. Give someone a reason to care.
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 47 48 ... 78  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies