Update XX: A Darn Good Judge of My Financial Situation
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 07:46:54 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update XX: A Darn Good Judge of My Financial Situation
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 51 52 53 [54] 55 56 57 58 59 ... 78
Poll
Question: Will Bushie break 300 pounds before the end of February?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 63

Author Topic: Update XX: A Darn Good Judge of My Financial Situation  (Read 208090 times)
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1325 on: February 04, 2015, 07:52:15 PM »

I was not going to fall for that scheme.  I'm too smart for that.

You should probably have got J-Mann and Smash to double check though, just to be certain.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #1326 on: February 04, 2015, 07:55:48 PM »

I was not going to fall for that scheme.  I'm too smart for that.

You should probably have got J-Mann and Smash to double check though, just to be certain.

I am not an idiot, Joe.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1327 on: February 04, 2015, 08:00:14 PM »

Yeah, unlike those moron cosmologists who came up with that stupid and idiotic "big bang" theory, Bushie is no idiot.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1328 on: February 04, 2015, 08:09:22 PM »

What I need to do is stop taking everything so seriously.  I also need to stop answering every question.  There are some questions that are not worth answering.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1329 on: February 04, 2015, 08:22:20 PM »

does your church dismiss science and godless scientists?

We believe the Bible as infallible and inerrant. Everything that happened in Genesis during creation actually happened on earth.  That's how our universe and our world came to being.  Not from a stupid and idiotic big bang theory.

OK.  So how do you explain the fact that we can see galaxies that are millions of light-years away?  How can we see the Cosmic Microwave Background, which is billions of light-years away?  If the universe has only existed for a few thousand years, then there hasn't been time for the light from those objects to reach us.

We believe that God can do whatever He wants, whenever He wants and that science was created by God and is subject to God.

So God is trying to trick us by showing us light from objects that don't exist, or by showing us events that didn't exist?  That's pretty messed up.  If He's trying to trick us by showing us scietific evidence for things that aren't true, then who's to say that He isn't also trying to trick us in the Bible?

[That question was rhetorical.  If your only response is going to be "I said this conversation was finished", then please just don't respond at all.  You just said "I also need to stop answering every question", so don't respond to this one unless you're actually ready to take the question seriously.]
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #1330 on: February 04, 2015, 08:23:09 PM »

I was not going to fall for that scheme.  I'm too smart for that.

I am not an idiot, Joe.

Twenty seasons of Update provide plenty of evidence to the contrary.  Whoops, sorry, 'evidence' is a scary word for creationists.
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1331 on: February 04, 2015, 08:25:36 PM »

Bushie, if you got a message from the IRS on your phone saying that they are about to file a law suit, and the # they give you to call back is a D.C area code (202) would you make the call?
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1332 on: February 04, 2015, 08:28:54 PM »

Sure is a lot of piping hot Sprite coming from ODF.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1333 on: February 04, 2015, 08:30:33 PM »

At the risk of sounding like Duke, we already knew that Bushie was one of those folks. I rather like having a pie-in-the-sky fundie on the forum. Jmfcst was too normal to make it work properly.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1334 on: February 04, 2015, 08:34:57 PM »

I just checked my temperature and it is sitting at 99.4, which is higher than it should be, but not real bad.  So, I just took some Tylenol to keep it from getting any higher.  I need my body to behave for 4 1/2 to 5 hours tomorrow while I'm out for the first interview.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1335 on: February 04, 2015, 08:37:28 PM »

Bushie, if you got a message from the IRS on your phone saying that they are about to file a law suit, and the # they give you to call back is a D.C area code (202) would you make the call?

IIRC, the IRS, or any government agency, would send official written notice by regular mail as opposed to calling you up.  Scammers most often use phone and email as their mechanisms.  That's why the IRS would send regular mail.  So, the answer to your question is no, I would not.
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1336 on: February 04, 2015, 08:40:52 PM »

In fairness to Bushie, the omphalos hypothesis can't actually be disproven. In unfairness to Bushie, that's because even if true it wouldn't in and of itself have any affect on reality as experienced in any meaningful way. Also in unfairness to Bushie, I doubt he's heard of the omphalos hypothesis.
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1337 on: February 04, 2015, 08:50:41 PM »

IIRC, the IRS, or any government agency, would send official written notice by regular mail as opposed to calling you up.  Scammers most often use phone and email as their mechanisms.  That's why the IRS would send regular mail.  So, the answer to your question is no, I would not.

That is correct, just wanted to see if you would fall for the scam, noticed it on my answering machine when I got home.

Anyway, regarding your job search.

Both companies seem legit, the Direct Hire position is for a very small company, which could explain why you got a call back as quick as you did.  Haven't seen much good or bad about it but it seems legit.  I'm pretty sure I found the ad, that is probably the most vague job ad I have ever seen if it is the one you applied through.  So you really need to ask questions, because the ad answered nothing.

As far as the other position, the company is considerably larger and an International company.  However, without seeing the ad, knowing if the job is through the company itself, some subsidiary or contract position for the company, or any job description its hard to say
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1338 on: February 04, 2015, 08:56:17 PM »

Bushie, why do you feel that your religion can not ever be criticized, but then show vitriol through words like "idiotic Big Bang theory" (the theory that your readers mostly subscribe to).  So you can call us all idiots but it's never okay for us to call Christianity ridiculous?

Note; this has nothing to do with creation theory but your attitude towards irreligiouses.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1339 on: February 04, 2015, 09:01:45 PM »

More job ads that don't say what the job is? Roll Eyes
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1340 on: February 04, 2015, 09:07:11 PM »

Bushie, why do you feel that your religion can not ever be criticized, but then show vitriol through words like "idiotic Big Bang theory" (the theory that your readers mostly subscribe to).  So you can call us all idiots but it's never okay for us to call Christianity ridiculous?

Note; this has nothing to do with creation theory but your attitude towards irreligiouses.

Perhaps the words I used were over the top.  I was just typing how I truly feel about it.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1341 on: February 04, 2015, 09:08:20 PM »

More job ads that don't say what the job is? Roll Eyes

It is an AutoCAD Drafter position.  True, the ad didn't have much more than that, but you can take heart that Smash found it to be a legit, albeit small, company.
RFayette
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1342 on: February 04, 2015, 09:08:53 PM »

What I need to do is stop taking everything so seriously.  I also need to stop answering every question.  There are some questions that are not worth answering.

Bushie, let's be honest, how old do you believe the Earth is? 

Also, why do you believe 99% of scientists are wrong and your book is right?
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1343 on: February 04, 2015, 09:12:48 PM »

Bushie has NO RIGHT to criticize the Big Bang Theory. There is ABSOLUTELY NOTHING WRONG with believing intelligent and educated scientists who have devoted their lives to this field over the narrow-minded country bumpkins at his church.
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1344 on: February 04, 2015, 09:14:18 PM »

Is Bushie aware that the Big Bang theory was developed by a priest working in a devoutly Catholic academic environment and was at one time widely criticized among nonreligious physicists for smacking too obviously of theistic cosmogony (although said priest generally disliked and resented attempts by the Vatican to use the theory as a polemical tool)? If he were aware, would he care?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1345 on: February 04, 2015, 09:14:19 PM »

That is correct, just wanted to see if you would fall for the scam, noticed it on my answering machine when I got home.

Anyway, regarding your job search.

Both companies seem legit, the Direct Hire position is for a very small company, which could explain why you got a call back as quick as you did.  Haven't seen much good or bad about it but it seems legit.  I'm pretty sure I found the ad, that is probably the most vague job ad I have ever seen if it is the one you applied through.  So you really need to ask questions, because the ad answered nothing.

As far as the other position, the company is considerably larger and an International company.  However, without seeing the ad, knowing if the job is through the company itself, some subsidiary or contract position for the company, or any job description its hard to say

Thanks for the investigation.  I drove by both places this afternoon and the direct-hire did look like a small company.  My first CAD job was a small company, too.  Tomorrow's company is a farther drive (about 19 miles) and it is going through a recruiter (the same recruiter who referred me to last Friday's interview), so I did not see the actual ad they responded to.  They did tell me it was a 3-6 month contract-to-hire position, which, if hired, would put it between May and August.
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #1346 on: February 04, 2015, 09:16:49 PM »

I love the blinkeredness off the fundamentalists.

There's no evidence for creation, but that doesn't matter - the evidence-based option is silly and everything is Goooooooooooooooooooooood.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1347 on: February 04, 2015, 09:16:57 PM »

I have not had any appetite whatsoever today.  I had some crackers and cheese around 1345, but I've had nothing else all day.  I'm just not hungry and I'm still too afraid about putting food in my body right now.
Panda Express

« Reply #1348 on: February 04, 2015, 09:18:46 PM »

BushOklahoma, do you believe people came from Adam and Eve and that Adam created Eve by ripping out his collarbone (or whatever bone was used)?
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1349 on: February 04, 2015, 09:19:16 PM »

I have not had any appetite whatsoever today.  I had some crackers and cheese around 1345, but I've had nothing else all day.  I'm just not hungry and I'm still too afraid about putting food in my body right now.

Damn, this sure is a tragic twist in the "Race to 300" storyline. Sad
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 51 52 53 [54] 55 56 57 58 59 ... 78  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies