Update XX: A Darn Good Judge of My Financial Situation
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 01:47:03 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update XX: A Darn Good Judge of My Financial Situation
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 52 53 54 [55] 56 57 58 59 60 ... 78
Poll
Question: Will Bushie break 300 pounds before the end of February?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 63

Author Topic: Update XX: A Darn Good Judge of My Financial Situation  (Read 207826 times)
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1350 on: February 04, 2015, 09:20:55 PM »

I am not answering anymore creation-related questions.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1351 on: February 04, 2015, 09:23:25 PM »

I have not had any appetite whatsoever today.  I had some crackers and cheese around 1345, but I've had nothing else all day.  I'm just not hungry and I'm still too afraid about putting food in my body right now.

Damn, this sure is a tragic twist in the "Race to 300" storyline. Sad

There was never a "Race to 300" storyline except in the make-believe mind of some of the viewers.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1352 on: February 04, 2015, 09:24:55 PM »

If by "some" viewers you mean "52 out of 54" viewers, then yes.
World politics is up Schmitt creek
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1353 on: February 04, 2015, 09:29:42 PM »

Because you haven't a leg to stand on. The early Church was not unified on whether to understand the Genesis creation narratives as literal or allegorical; St Augustine's argument that it was to be understood allegorically to whatever extent a literal reading would contradict empirical or reasoned facts held sway for many centuries, and quite rightly so.
Panda Express

« Reply #1354 on: February 04, 2015, 09:30:29 PM »

What about Noah's Ark? Do you believe that happened?
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1355 on: February 04, 2015, 09:36:31 PM »

bushie which do you regret more:  the e-commerce degree or the cadd nonsense?

also you mentioned you had hot dogs for supper.  did you heat the hot dogs in anyway?  did you boil them in water?  you have mentioned you have difficulty boiling water for pasta.

That's a pointed question if I ever saw one.  I don't regret either, and I have no reason to.  Neither of them are failed opportunities.

I microwaved the hot dogs.  They were almost too much for my stomach to handle last night and may be why I'm still feeling nauseous even now nearly 21 hours later.  I doubt I'll eat much tonight, if anything.  I may just sip on the Sprite.

This is a good, albeit rough, way for me to lose weight.  Since I don't have an appetite, I haven't eaten a whole lot in the past 42 hours and I've been to the bathroom quite a bit (I would not want to be a fly in my bathroom right now.)  I already lost a half pound as of this morning, and I expect to lose quite a bit more by tomorrow morning.

An absolute savage move right there, disgusting and barbaric.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1356 on: February 04, 2015, 09:39:11 PM »

If by "some" viewers you mean "52 out of 54" viewers, then yes.

Haha!  I know that's what the vast majority of the viewership was thinking and, I'll admit, that for a while it seemed like I was on that path, but there was no mindset of the like on my end.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1357 on: February 04, 2015, 09:40:14 PM »

bushie which do you regret more:  the e-commerce degree or the cadd nonsense?

also you mentioned you had hot dogs for supper.  did you heat the hot dogs in anyway?  did you boil them in water?  you have mentioned you have difficulty boiling water for pasta.

That's a pointed question if I ever saw one.  I don't regret either, and I have no reason to.  Neither of them are failed opportunities.

I microwaved the hot dogs. They were almost too much for my stomach to handle last night and may be why I'm still feeling nauseous even now nearly 21 hours later.  I doubt I'll eat much tonight, if anything.  I may just sip on the Sprite.

This is a good, albeit rough, way for me to lose weight.  Since I don't have an appetite, I haven't eaten a whole lot in the past 42 hours and I've been to the bathroom quite a bit (I would not want to be a fly in my bathroom right now.)  I already lost a half pound as of this morning, and I expect to lose quite a bit more by tomorrow morning.

An absolute savage move right there, disgusting and barbaric.

I know, trust me.  If I had taken the time, I could have done what my dad does and run them through the broiler for a few minutes.  I wasn't wanting to take the time, though.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1358 on: February 04, 2015, 09:42:47 PM »

I just took my temperature again with the overhead light on and it read 99.7.  However, I took it again after I turned the light back off and it read 98.4.  I knew the heat from the lights made a difference, but I wasn't expecting over a full degree difference.  Based on how my face feels and the Tylenol I took about 90 minutes ago, I will go with the smaller number.
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #1359 on: February 04, 2015, 09:47:25 PM »

Jeff Boy,

you know, I have been reading your thread on and off in the 90 day span that I was banned from this forum.  I mean yeah, I have in the past taken a few glances at this thread whenever some dude in the IRC chatroom brought it up.  But, when I was banned I actually started to actually read this thread.

I have come to a few conclusions:
1. You really don't freaking know what you want to do.  I mean at all.
2. You really don't have any freaking goals.
3. You really don't try to overcome any freaking obstacles.
4. You don't really dont't freaking learn from any of your freaking mistakes.

Now, before I quickly come up with a fifth thing here, I believe from what I have read that there is something out there that is enforcing the above four.  However, I don't believe you were built to fail and that you are unfixable.  The only person who can tell you you can't be fixed is you, Jeff.  And contrary what you have told the people in this thread time and time again, you have been telling yourself from day one that you are headed nowhere.

Howevver, I can tell already that this post is going to encounter stiff resistance from you and that you will rebut each point with "but I have!"  So, instead of trying to argue needlessly with you about your status in life I will simply ask you a series of questions.  Now, you don't have to tell us the truth online Bushie, but at least do yourself the favor of asking yourself these questions:

Am I happy with myself?
Do I truly believe that my life is headed in the right direction?
What could I do better?
Why am I not doing better at those things?  What is preventing me from being better?
Enough about what I want from God, what does he want from me?
What is preventing me from living up to the God Standard?
Am I ready to commit to changing myself or am I just going to keep making up excuses?
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1360 on: February 04, 2015, 09:47:45 PM »

I just took my temperature again with the overhead light on and it read 99.7.  However, I took it again after I turned the light back off and it read 98.4.  I knew the heat from the lights made a difference, but I wasn't expecting over a full degree difference. 

I'm afraid that if you keep dropping by 1.3 degrees an hour, then you'll reach room temperature by late afternoon tomorrow.  RIP.  Sad
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1361 on: February 04, 2015, 09:50:16 PM »

I just took my temperature again with the overhead light on and it read 99.7.  However, I took it again after I turned the light back off and it read 98.4.  I knew the heat from the lights made a difference, but I wasn't expecting over a full degree difference.

I'm afraid that if you keep dropping by 1.3 degrees an hour, then you'll reach room temperature by late afternoon tomorrow.  RIP.  Sad

Good one. Tongue
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1362 on: February 04, 2015, 09:52:42 PM »

I have not had any appetite whatsoever today.  I had some crackers and cheese around 1345, but I've had nothing else all day.  I'm just not hungry and I'm still too afraid about putting food in my body right now.

Lief, do you think this "flu" is simply a desperate attempt to stave off the big 3-0-0?  You know how big Bushie is with "milestone numbers" and other OCD-type things.  Maybe seeing 300 on the scale would drive even our favorite fat to utter annoyance and dismay at his massive weight.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1363 on: February 04, 2015, 10:00:38 PM »

Jeff Boy,

you know, I have been reading your thread on and off in the 90 day span that I was banned from this forum.  I mean yeah, I have in the past taken a few glances at this thread whenever some dude in the IRC chatroom brought it up.  But, when I was banned I actually started to actually read this thread.

I have come to a few conclusions:
1. You really don't freaking know what you want to do.  I mean at all.
2. You really don't have any freaking goals.
3. You really don't try to overcome any freaking obstacles.
4. You don't really dont't freaking learn from any of your freaking mistakes.

Now, before I quickly come up with a fifth thing here, I believe from what I have read that there is something out there that is enforcing the above four.  However, I don't believe you were built to fail and that you are unfixable.  The only person who can tell you you can't be fixed is you, Jeff.  And contrary what you have told the people in this thread time and time again, you have been telling yourself from day one that you are headed nowhere.

Howevver, I can tell already that this post is going to encounter stiff resistance from you and that you will rebut each point with "but I have!"  So, instead of trying to argue needlessly with you about your status in life I will simply ask you a series of questions.  Now, you don't have to tell us the truth online Bushie, but at least do yourself the favor of asking yourself these questions:

Am I happy with myself?
Do I truly believe that my life is headed in the right direction?
What could I do better?
Why am I not doing better at those things?  What is preventing me from being better?
Enough about what I want from God, what does he want from me?
What is preventing me from living up to the God Standard?

Am I ready to commit to changing myself or am I just going to keep making up excuses?

These two questions REALLY hit home.  To be honest, it is refreshing to see this question come from a secular forum especially after what we've been discussing the past couple of pages.  I need to ask myself on a daily, if not more frequent, basis if I'm truly doing what God wants me to do.  What do I need to do and how do I get there.  I know I fall short.  There is no question about that.  So, the question is where do I fall short, what do I need to do to catch up, and how long will it take to get there.  These are questions that change every day.  Sometimes, I take 3 steps forward and 2 steps back.  Sometimes, I take 2 steps forward and 3 steps back.  I think ultimately my life is headed in the right direction, but I'm not running in a straight line to get there.  If my life's journey were to be on a road map, I'd be all over the place.

One other thing it nails home is instead of constantly pointing my finger at the sin of others, I need to take the plank out of my own eye before I can see clearly.  By the time the plank is out of my eye, I'm too tired to point the finger at other people.  I need to stand up and stand firm for what I believe in, but in a non-judgmental and loving way.

I really appreciate your post.  A LOT.  I cannot answer the rest of your questions honestly right now until I take a step back and assess things.  I may not get back to you personally, but I will consider these questions and answer them to myself honestly.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1364 on: February 04, 2015, 10:03:19 PM »

Allison seems very active on social media today. Jeff, what did you do now?
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1365 on: February 04, 2015, 10:06:09 PM »

Bushie, anytime someone asks you a tough question that forces you to rely on critical reasoning outside of the little bubble you live in you have a take your ball and go home attitude.  Why is that?  It also likely has quite a bit to do with your current situation.
World politics is up Schmitt creek
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1366 on: February 04, 2015, 10:21:52 PM »
« Edited: February 05, 2015, 05:55:33 PM by sex-negative feminist prude »

Bushie, do you think that a belief in literal seven-day creation is necessary to be considered a real Christian? In other words, is it one of those things salvation hangs on?
J-Mann
United States

« Reply #1367 on: February 04, 2015, 10:39:54 PM »
« Edited: February 04, 2015, 10:53:42 PM by J-Mann »

Sorry for being later on the response. Ya know ... work, and life, and such ...

Anyway, the two companies seem legit. I echo everything Smash said about them. Even though you're unemployed, do try to be a tad discriminating, Jeff. Keep your previous experiences in mind and remember how difficult things can be at a smaller company if you don't "get it" or require some hand-holding.

And ask lots of questions about the specific nature of the job. Ask them to describe a typical day or week. Ask them for 30-60-90-day goals. Ask them what the training / onboarding is like. Particularly at the smaller company, you wouldn't want to wind up in a situation where they have you wearing multiple hats that you don't want to put on.

Mechaman -- great to see you back!

Mecha asked some really great questions, Jeff. Your response was typical -- a non-answer and an "I'll think about it." You don't owe anyone any answers, but if the questions were so good, you really ought to take them to heart. Some people truly are directionless in life, and you may be one of those people -- and if that's the case, it'd do you good to listen to those you trust who give you honest and critical feedback (not those who spoon-feed you answers you want to hear, no matter how nice and comforting they may be).

Whatever the future holds in terms of employment, your health, etc., it's time to DO. It's time to act. No more planning to plan. No more thinking about maybe thinking about ... DO. As much as so many of us would like to slap you silly and set you on a right path, you're the only one who can ultimately do that.

So DO!

does your church dismiss science and godless scientists?

We believe the Bible as infallible and inerrant. Everything that happened in Genesis during creation actually happened on earth.  That's how our universe and our world came to being.  Not from a stupid and idiotic big bang theory.

I know you're "done" answering religion questions, but this one is legit ... how do literalists such as yourself reconcile that Genesis 1:x and Genesis 2:x are literally two different versions of the same story where the events unfold differently? Which one is right?
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #1368 on: February 04, 2015, 10:40:55 PM »

I have not had any appetite whatsoever today.  I had some crackers and cheese around 1345, but I've had nothing else all day.  I'm just not hungry and I'm still too afraid about putting food in my body right now.

Lief, do you think this "flu" is simply a desperate attempt to stave off the big 3-0-0?  You know how big Bushie is with "milestone numbers" and other OCD-type things.  Maybe seeing 300 on the scale would drive even our favorite fat to utter annoyance and dismay at his massive weight.

Probably not. Someone like Bushie who consumes massive amounts of calories per day isn't going to have the willpower to suddenly become anorexic overnight due to hitting an arbitrary weight. He probably does have the stomach flu, it completely kills your appetite.
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1369 on: February 04, 2015, 11:13:15 PM »

Sorry for being later on the response. Ya know ... work, and life, and such ...

Anyway, the two companies seem legit. I echo everything Smash said about them. Even though you're unemployed, do try to be a tad discriminating, Jeff. Keep your previous experiences in mind and remember how difficult things can be at a smaller company if you don't "get it" or require some hand-holding.

And ask lots of questions about the specific nature of the job. Ask them to describe a typical day or week. Ask them for 30-60-90-day goals. Ask them what the training / onboarding is like. Particularly at the smaller company, you wouldn't want to wind up in a situation where they have you wearing multiple hats that you don't want to put on.

Mechaman -- great to see you back!

Mecha asked some really great questions, Jeff. Your response was typical -- a non-answer and an "I'll think about it." You don't owe anyone any answers, but if the questions were so good, you really ought to take them to heart. Some people truly are directionless in life, and you may be one of those people -- and if that's the case, it'd do you good to listen to those you trust who give you honest and critical feedback (not those who spoon-feed you answers you want to hear, no matter how nice and comforting they may be).

Whatever the future holds in terms of employment, your health, etc., it's time to DO. It's time to act. No more planning to plan. No more thinking about maybe thinking about ... DO. As much as so many of us would like to slap you silly and set you on a right path, you're the only one who can ultimately do that.

So DO!

does your church dismiss science and godless scientists?

We believe the Bible as infallible and inerrant. Everything that happened in Genesis during creation actually happened on earth.  That's how our universe and our world came to being.  Not from a stupid and idiotic big bang theory.

I know you're "done" answering religion questions, but this one is legit ... how do literalists such as yourself reconcile that Genesis 1:x and Genesis 2:x are literally two different versions of the same story where the events unfold differently? Which one is right?

Bushie, the bolded part is extremely important.  While making sure the company you are working for is legit as opposed to some fly by night is obviously important, the specifics of the job matter more.  Your biggest problem in any of your recent jobs is having a poor understanding of the day to day going in, not knowing what is expected of you, the plan for a timeframe, how you will be trained, etc. 

The company could be very highly regarded and a great place to work, but if you don't have a clear understanding of the process early on, the result will likely be s***
Knives
solopop
« Reply #1370 on: February 04, 2015, 11:31:55 PM »

Bushie did you enjoy Katy Perry's performance?
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

« Reply #1371 on: February 04, 2015, 11:42:30 PM »

Bushie did you enjoy Katy Perry's performance?

He was one of the beach balls. Didn't you notice?
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1372 on: February 05, 2015, 01:28:22 AM »

Is Bushie aware that the Big Bang theory was developed by a priest working in a devoutly Catholic academic environment and was at one time widely criticized among nonreligious physicists for smacking too obviously of theistic cosmogony (although said priest generally disliked and resented attempts by the Vatican to use the theory as a polemical tool)? If he were aware, would he care?
I don't think pointing out the Catholic origins of anything is likely to make Bushie embrace it.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1373 on: February 05, 2015, 01:42:58 AM »
« Edited: February 05, 2015, 01:45:18 AM by Monarch »

Bushie, what do you picture when your read Genesis 1:1 "In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth"?

How do you assume he went about creating those Heavens and Earth? It doesn't really say. Everything afterwords is post-Earth creation. You like to interpret literally but it's not exactly detailed. You have to imagine something happening when you read that line.

Kind of like when you say "I made scrambled eggs," I don't picture scrambled eggs appearing in an instant. I picture eggs being cracked, whisked, and put in a frying pan even though you never actually said you did any of that.

"In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth." What do you imagine as happening over the course of that sentence?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1374 on: February 05, 2015, 09:51:54 AM »

Good Thursday Morning, peeps!!  I slept for nearly 11 hours last night and slept good, too, thanks to the Tylenol and the prayer support of my friends.  I'm still a little nauseous this morning, so I will still eat light again today, but I will eat something.  However, my body temperature is back to normal, I'm not hurting anywhere, and my head is not hurting, either.  I'm not 100%, yet, but I can definitely tell I'm back to at least 90%.  Over the past two days, I have lost 4 pounds as a result of this bug.  I'm going to call it a mild form of the stomach flu, in my non-medical background.  I was afraid I was going to have to cancel the interview prep session today at 1030, but I think I should be able to go to both it and the interview without problem.  I'll only be gone for 4 1/2 hours and I'm not going anywhere this evening, so I should be okay.  I am about to hop in the shower and get myself ready for today and I'm sure that alone will do wonders for me.  It will feel good to get out and be a part of society today instead of being a hermit.
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 52 53 54 [55] 56 57 58 59 60 ... 78  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies