Update XX: A Darn Good Judge of My Financial Situation
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 10:50:08 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update XX: A Darn Good Judge of My Financial Situation
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 57 58 59 [60] 61 62 63 64 65 ... 78
Poll
Question: Will Bushie break 300 pounds before the end of February?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 63

Author Topic: Update XX: A Darn Good Judge of My Financial Situation  (Read 207274 times)
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1475 on: February 06, 2015, 12:56:09 AM »

Give me a chance here, guys.  I know you've been giving me chance after chance, but let me prove to you and to myself that I can do this.  I think we'll both be surprised.  I know you guys would love to be proven wrong.  Of that, I have no doubt.  I firmly believe that with just a little discipline, I could reverse the trend that King so correctly points out.  The goal of the 270's by March 24 still stands.

So how are you going to do that?  Explain how you get into the 270s.
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #1476 on: February 06, 2015, 01:01:42 AM »

Bushie think of how many times in the last couple years you've called in and stayed home sick or left early because of a headache or stomachache or whatever. And that's only when you're employed.

Guess how many times I've called in when I was actually sick in the past five years? One. And that was due to KIDNEY-STONE INDUCED VOMITING. Not a tummy ache or a headache. I've actually called into work far more often just to go play Ingress that day than because of actual illness. Now that's not to say I haven't had a few colds that I probably could've stayed home over and there has been a couple of days I've left an hour or two early because of them, but even then it's not more than one day a year on average.

Point is, most people don't get sick like you do. It's not normal, and it's proof you're doing something wrong. And I'm not even arguing that I have a fantastic diet either, I don't. Most Americans don't. But most Americans don't come down with these health problems at age 32 either, or gain weight at your rate. You are doing something wrong. That is blatantly obvious.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #1477 on: February 06, 2015, 01:02:43 AM »
« Edited: February 06, 2015, 01:04:18 AM by Lame Duck Obama »

Allow me to prove you all wrong.  I'm not on the road to 300 and it will be very easy to lose weight.  The weight will drop off fast at first and then slow down some.  I know how to lose weight.  I do have a goal of being into the 270's by the time I reach my doctor's appointment on March 24.  I am at 286 now.  We'll see how it goes.

So if you know how to do it, can you explain it to us?  What is your plan for getting down to the 270s?

First, I am going to eat more at home, including more on weekends.

Second, I am going to limit my going out to eat to twice a week including weekend.  A week goes from Sunday to Saturday.  If I go out twice during the week, then I must eat in on the weekend.  If I eat in all week, then I can go out twice in the weekend.  Fast food and ordering pizza count as eating out.

Third, I will drink more water.  I will go to Walmart after the interview tomorrow and get a Brita water pitcher so I can have fresh, clean water on hand instead of having to drink straight from the tap.  I am going to aim for 6 8 oz. glasses of water a day

Fourth, I will walk at least 5 days a week.  I will start at 10-15 minutes and work up from there.

Fifth, when I do have a pop, I will make it exclusively diet.  While it may not be the healthiest thing in the world, at least it would have no calories and as was pointed out a few pages ago, getting the weight off is paramount at this stage.  I can worry about the other health consequences later.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1478 on: February 06, 2015, 01:07:22 AM »

2, 3, 4, and 5 are good. 1 is still too vague. What are you going to eat at home?

Where you eat something is not what makes something unhealthy. I'm pretty sure I can eat healthier going to McDonalds every day than you could eating at home. You have to make healthier choices. You need to eat vegetables. Every day. Even if they are slopped in butter and cheese.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1479 on: February 06, 2015, 01:08:03 AM »

Second, I am going to limit my going out to eat to twice a week including weekend.  A week goes from Sunday to Saturday.  If I go out twice during the week, then I must eat in on the weekend.  If I eat in all week, then I can go out twice in the weekend.  Fast food and ordering pizza count as eating out.

OK, so what are you going to have for dinner tomorrow night?  Because just a few hours ago, you said you were putting off spaghetti until Monday, because it was the weekend, so not a time for cooking at home.

Not that spaghetti is a great option.  But if not that, then what?  What do you actually know how to cook, if you're actually going to be making dinner for yourself five nights a week?
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #1480 on: February 06, 2015, 01:09:27 AM »

You should aim at walking an average of one mile a day. If I can do this working >40 hours a week in Minnesota even during January and February you can do it unemployed in Oklahoma.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1481 on: February 06, 2015, 01:10:44 AM »

2, 3, 4, and 5 are good. 1 is still too vague. What are you going to eat at home?

Where you eat something is not what makes something unhealthy. I'm pretty sure I can eat healthier going to McDonalds every day than you could eating at home. You have to make healthier choices. You need to eat vegetables. Every day. Even if they are slopped in butter and cheese.

I'll incorporate more vegetables and lean meats.  I may have an occasional frozen burrito or two, but I'm going to try to work in more vegetables, lean meats, and fresh fruit.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1482 on: February 06, 2015, 01:13:21 AM »

Second, I am going to limit my going out to eat to twice a week including weekend.  A week goes from Sunday to Saturday.  If I go out twice during the week, then I must eat in on the weekend.  If I eat in all week, then I can go out twice in the weekend.  Fast food and ordering pizza count as eating out.

OK, so what are you going to have for dinner tomorrow night?  Because just a few hours ago, you said you were putting off spaghetti until Monday, because it was the weekend, so not a time for cooking at home.

Not that spaghetti is a great option.  But if not that, then what?  What do you actually know how to cook, if you're actually going to be making dinner for yourself five nights a week?

I've been thinking about it over the past few hours and depending on how things go, I may either have soup or fix some grilled cheese sandwiches or maybe have grilled cheese with tomato soup.  That was a great, albeit light, meal as a kid.
Panda Express

« Reply #1483 on: February 06, 2015, 01:15:20 AM »

I'll incorporate more vegetables and lean meats.  I may have an occasional frozen burrito or two, but I'm going to try to work in more vegetables, lean meats, and fresh fruit.

See, you aren't serious. You're already looking for ways to renege on your goals. Your goals need to be

1. I'll eat more vegetables. (Period)
2. I'll drink more water. (Period)
3. I'll walk 20 minutes a day. (Period)

No, "I may occasionally blah blah blah"
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1484 on: February 06, 2015, 01:17:15 AM »

Second, I am going to limit my going out to eat to twice a week including weekend.  A week goes from Sunday to Saturday.  If I go out twice during the week, then I must eat in on the weekend.  If I eat in all week, then I can go out twice in the weekend.  Fast food and ordering pizza count as eating out.

I've been thinking about it over the past few hours and depending on how things go, I may either have soup or fix some grilled cheese sandwiches or maybe have grilled cheese with tomato soup.  That was a great, albeit light, meal as a kid.

Okay. That's one meal. What else are you going to eat tomorrow?

Nobody can last a whole day on one grilled cheese and some tomato soup.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1485 on: February 06, 2015, 01:17:52 AM »

See, you aren't serious. You're already looking for ways to renege on your goals. Your goals need to be

You cannot say I am not serious by anything I said.  Everybody should have a cheat meal every now and then.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1486 on: February 06, 2015, 01:19:51 AM »
« Edited: February 06, 2015, 01:21:24 AM by Lame Duck Obama »

OK, so what are you going to have for dinner tomorrow night?  Because just a few hours ago, you said you were putting off spaghetti until Monday, because it was the weekend, so not a time for cooking at home.

Not that spaghetti is a great option.  But if not that, then what?  What do you actually know how to cook, if you're actually going to be making dinner for yourself five nights a week?

I've been thinking about it over the past few hours and depending on how things go, I may either have soup or fix some grilled cheese sandwiches or maybe have grilled cheese with tomato soup.  That was a great, albeit light, meal as a kid.

Okay. That's one meal. What else are you going to eat tomorrow?

Nobody can last a whole day on one grilled cheese and some tomato soup.

I'll have to play it by ear.  I do anticipate another light day as this bug still works its way out.  I'm not going to go out at all, I know that, but what exactly I'll have, I'm  not sure.  It depends on how I feel.  And, don't ask me about Saturday.  I have absolutely no idea for Saturday.  Let me get through today (Friday) first.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1487 on: February 06, 2015, 01:20:47 AM »

You cannot say I am not serious by anything I said.  Everybody should have a cheat meal every now and then.

No. Nobody should have a cheat meal every now and then. What you should be doing is finding ways to make your old favorites a healthier option.

Perhaps learning how to make a burrito yourself?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1488 on: February 06, 2015, 01:24:07 AM »

Guys, I think I'm headed to bed.  I still have an interview later today, so I need some rest.   Good discussion tonight.
J-Mann
United States

« Reply #1489 on: February 06, 2015, 01:54:37 AM »

Yes, just like rehabilitated sex offenders deserve the occasional boob-squeeze without society getting all judgemental.

Jeff, just stop this talk. You aren't going to make any changes. You quite simply don't have the willpower. Never have. Never will. Go back and read the Update seasons sometime and count the weight of your empty promises.

Sorry to be a downer, dude, but it ain't worth the effort anymore. You're incapable of real, substantive change.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #1490 on: February 06, 2015, 02:17:07 AM »

I don't even call President Obama's Christianity as fake as many of my conservative friends have.

I do!

Has anyone else connected the dots to realize that Jeff would probably support the annual purge from The Purge?

I don't know about Jeff, but I know his dad sure would!  He'd be counting down the days all year, sharpening or cleaning his weapon of choice while his son continues to drain his retirement savings.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1491 on: February 06, 2015, 02:30:44 AM »

A cheat meal defeats the point of trying to make real changes. It takes about three weeks to develop a habit. If you can eat healthily for three weeks straight, then it will become much easier to continue doing so. If you make a Braum's run to reward yourself for dieting, then you'll be back to doing that again and again and again....
Fritz
JLD
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1492 on: February 06, 2015, 02:33:58 AM »

Jeff, you need a program, you don't have it in you to do this on your own.  How about NutriSystems?  Marie Osmond says she lost 50 lbs.  They send you food (I believe 4 meals a day)
and you have to eat that.  It would also solve your cooking problem.  It probably won't be any more expensive than what you already spend on food, and the food is probably pretty good (or at least decent).
Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1493 on: February 06, 2015, 03:04:23 AM »

It's sad and weird that so many Update readers actually know and understand Jeff way better than Jeff could ever hope to understand himself. I mean, I know what Jeff means when he says "I'll try to" or "Maybe" or puts something off for no good reason. I think we all do.
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1494 on: February 06, 2015, 08:57:27 AM »

I was trying to be honest and sincere earlier when I posted my realizations after this stomach bug, but instead of being greeted with encouragement, I was criticized and talked to like I was an idiot.  Is that your definition of a friend?

It's amazing how different our worlds are, Bushie.  My friends and I DO NOTHING but rip on each other for everything and especially when one of us would do something so stupifying as eat McDonald's while dealing with a stomach bug.  Part of your problem is what you consider friendship to be.  My friends and I might be tough on each other, but we care.  Your definition of friends is a vapid church circle who greet every little thing you do with lordly praise and encouragement.  I understand this has been instilled into you over decades of Okie country livin', but the sooner you recognize you is looking out for you and who is just being polite, the better.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #1495 on: February 06, 2015, 10:00:57 AM »

All things considered with as little as I've eaten this week, this may be what I need to start getting serious about my weight.  I don't feel like junking my system up day after day, meal after meal.  I anticipate being down around 283-284 by morning.  I could probably get down into the 270's by my doctor's appointment in late March.  It's supposed to be beautiful this weekend, so I am going to get out and walk for 15-20 minutes each day this weekend.  I'm not going to pig out this weekend as I'll still be careful with what and how much I put into my stomach.  I'll take it day by day, but I don't need to pig out.

Reported for trolling.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #1496 on: February 06, 2015, 10:05:16 AM »

You feel like garbage because you keep eating crap, Bushie. Don't you understand? I can't imagine treating a stomach bug with a McDonald's burger full of all kinds of preservatives.

If you want to feel better, look better, and get over your ailments, you know what you have to do. You just don't want to do it.

I refuse to believe my weight had much to do with the stomach bug.  It's been going around.  It was just my turn to catch it.  My weight doesn't affect EVERYTHING.  You all act like if I lost 150 lbs, I would never be ill or have any more problems.  I know I need to lose weight and I am not refusing to do it.  I just don't believe it's the cure to end all ailments.

You'd lose 90% of  your ailments, never miss work, and reduce your chances of getting diabetes by half or more.  Yes, you're an IDIOT if you don't believe that.  Enjoy being fat and sick and in pain all the time in your legs and back. 
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #1497 on: February 06, 2015, 10:07:58 AM »

Everybody should have a cheat meal every now and then.

Now and then is Friday (unless you're off Friday, then it's Thursday, Friday) Saturday, Sunday according to Bushie Family Doctrine.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1498 on: February 06, 2015, 10:41:31 AM »

I hear all the doubts that have been posted, but I'm not going to listen to the doubters.  I am a man on a mission to healthier living.  I look forward to getting out and taking a brief walk today after the interview.  It will be a very nice day to do so.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1499 on: February 06, 2015, 10:42:32 AM »

If us doubting you is what makes you want to go out and do it, then by all means we will doubt away.
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 57 58 59 [60] 61 62 63 64 65 ... 78  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies