Update XX: A Darn Good Judge of My Financial Situation
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 09:21:41 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update XX: A Darn Good Judge of My Financial Situation
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 60 61 62 [63] 64 65 66 67 68 ... 78
Poll
Question: Will Bushie break 300 pounds before the end of February?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 63

Author Topic: Update XX: A Darn Good Judge of My Financial Situation  (Read 207322 times)
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1550 on: February 06, 2015, 04:48:03 PM »

The prevelancy of "...,yet"s in the last several Bushie posts is suggesting to me that not one thing productive is getting done in weeks.

You don't know that, yet.

So, Bushie admitted to getting spanked as a youngin' in another thread. One wonders if this explains anything.... Clearly pappa Bushie's spankin's didn't get Bushie to respect him.

Discuss.

Avoiding spankings could explain why he lies so much.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1551 on: February 06, 2015, 04:52:57 PM »

The ",yet." is one of my favorite Bushie things. You always know it means that he's not going to do the thing he wrote right before the ",yet."
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1552 on: February 06, 2015, 04:53:08 PM »

In other news, I just got home from the interview.  Can you say BUST?  She said she would let me know within a MONTH...  Yeah, I'm not holding out hope for that one.
That's a better sign than hiring you immediately. It likely means it's a Legit job with a Legit company and they're taking their time to find the best applicant because hiring for a Legit Job is a monumental decision.

True.  I just hate the idea of still being unemployed come March.
Are you familiar with the story of the tortoise and the hare? Success in anything in life (relationships, finances, employment, physical fitness, learning a new skill, etc) takes a whole lot of time. Anybody who promises you instant results is a scammer.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #1553 on: February 06, 2015, 05:08:00 PM »

In other news, I just got home from the interview.  Can you say BUST?  She said she would let me know within a MONTH...  Yeah, I'm not holding out hope for that one.
That's a better sign than hiring you immediately. It likely means it's a Legit job with a Legit company and they're taking their time to find the best applicant because hiring for a Legit Job is a monumental decision.

True.  I just hate the idea of still being unemployed come March.
Are you familiar with the story of the tortoise and the hare? Success in anything in life (relationships, finances, employment, physical fitness, learning a new skill, etc) takes a whole lot of time. Anybody who promises you instant results is a scammer.

I am familiar.  I know things take time, but I'm like many Americans, I get impatient, which explains my call center history.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1554 on: February 06, 2015, 05:32:45 PM »

I skimmed over the last ten pages while on the train home. I felt badly that I skipped reading for a day or two but it looks like things were fairly boring: the usual attacks on Christian fundamentalism and diet suggestions (which he never takes. Just stop trying).

However, I must say the brief discussion of a Kenyan bride is interesting! Anyone ever think to suggest a job search in Kenya? It would check off a lot of Our Dear Friend's boxes!
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1555 on: February 06, 2015, 05:33:17 PM »

Bushie is too impatient to wait on the reply from a legitimate, non-scam job, but not impatient enough to get a job working in retail or driving uber while he searches for a CAD(D) job. Roll Eyes
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1556 on: February 06, 2015, 05:35:45 PM »

Just walked by a man on the train wearing a button that read: "LOSE WEIGHT NOW! ASK ME HOW!"

Odds that his suggestion would have been "Drink Sprite. It does wonders for your family." ?
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1557 on: February 06, 2015, 05:45:55 PM »

Just walked by a man on the train wearing a button that read: "LOSE WEIGHT NOW! ASK ME HOW!"

Odds that his suggestion would have been "Drink Sprite. It does wonders for your family." ?

Greetings, Phil.

Yes, the diet stuff is done to death, but the hot dog/hamburgers/Sprite stomach flu diet is just gold.  You have to admit that.  These Okies... All old-fashioned when it comes to EVERYTHING, but can't even do the down-home old-timey flu/cold remedies.  Processed chain crap is like, all he'll eat.  And if Monday's spaghetti isn't crapped from a C.B. can and nuked to oblivion I'll be shocked.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1558 on: February 06, 2015, 05:49:40 PM »

Oh, don't misunderstand me here: his comments in defense of his lack of dieting are great. "Sprite does wonders for my family regardless of scientific facts." You can't ask for a more dewildering statement! But I don't care to see seven posts in a row from people giving detailed diet advice when they really don't care to see him doing better anyway. The clogging of the thread doesn't make those one or two comedy nuggets worth it. He provides plenty of comedy on his own with his updates.

I want more about his social interactions.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1559 on: February 06, 2015, 06:13:58 PM »

Oh, don't misunderstand me here: his comments in defense of his lack of dieting are great. "Sprite does wonders for my family regardless of scientific facts." You can't ask for a more dewildering statement! But I don't care to see seven posts in a row from people giving detailed diet advice when they really don't care to see him doing better anyway. The clogging of the thread doesn't make those one or two comedy nuggets worth it. He provides plenty of comedy on his own with his updates.

Somebody has to ask who's on first, Phil.
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1560 on: February 06, 2015, 06:26:43 PM »

I agree.  Less with the endless string of family dinners at Cracker Barrel where the amount of hours stayed equals the tipping percentage and more about bowling night with his corporate worship gang.  Could you imagine a sitcom about this bunch?  It'd be like a well-intentioned It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia.
Attorney General, LGC Speaker, and Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #1561 on: February 06, 2015, 08:15:54 PM »

2, 3, 4, and 5 are good. 1 is still too vague. What are you going to eat at home?

Where you eat something is not what makes something unhealthy. I'm pretty sure I can eat healthier going to McDonalds every day than you could eating at home. You have to make healthier choices. You need to eat vegetables. Every day. Even if they are slopped in butter and cheese.

I'll incorporate more vegetables and lean meats.  I may have an occasional frozen burrito or two, but I'm going to try to work in more vegetables, lean meats, and fresh fruit.

See, you aren't serious. You're already looking for ways to renege on your goals. Your goals need to be

1. I'll eat more vegetables. (Period)
2. I'll drink more water. (Period)
3. I'll walk 20 minutes a day. (Period)

No, "I may occasionally blah blah blah"

You cannot say I am not serious by anything I said.  Everybody should have a cheat meal every now and then.
Perhaps once you actually lose some weight. No cheating until you've lost 10 pounds, ok?
LeBron
LeBron FitzGerald
United States

« Reply #1562 on: February 06, 2015, 08:24:32 PM »

2, 3, 4, and 5 are good. 1 is still too vague. What are you going to eat at home?

Where you eat something is not what makes something unhealthy. I'm pretty sure I can eat healthier going to McDonalds every day than you could eating at home. You have to make healthier choices. You need to eat vegetables. Every day. Even if they are slopped in butter and cheese.

I'll incorporate more vegetables and lean meats.  I may have an occasional frozen burrito or two, but I'm going to try to work in more vegetables, lean meats, and fresh fruit.

See, you aren't serious. You're already looking for ways to renege on your goals. Your goals need to be

1. I'll eat more vegetables. (Period)
2. I'll drink more water. (Period)
3. I'll walk 20 minutes a day. (Period)

No, "I may occasionally blah blah blah"

You cannot say I am not serious by anything I said.  Everybody should have a cheat meal every now and then.
Perhaps once you actually lose some weight. No cheating until you've lost 10 pounds, ok?
He needs to lose way more than that before he starts eating junk food again.

I think what Bushie needs is one of those treadmills where a person is holding a bacon cheeseburger on a stick on the other end, but he doesn't get the cheeseburger until he loses a sufficient amount of weight. It's the perfect motivator! Tongue
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1563 on: February 06, 2015, 08:26:42 PM »
« Edited: February 06, 2015, 08:30:44 PM by Lame Duck Obama »

The health goals I made last night still stand.  I did have the grilled cheese sandwich and tomato soup.  I did not walk like I had planned on doing, but I'lol get out there tomorrow.  I'll have a bowl of cereal for breakfast and then I may go to a restaurant where I can get some vegetables for supper.  Golden Corral or Cracker Barrel is good for veggies.  I will also start my water consumption tomorrow.  Sunday, I'll start off with a bowl of cereal for breakfast and then have maybe another grilled cheese and tomato soup.  I definitely will fix the spaghetti Monday.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1564 on: February 06, 2015, 08:29:43 PM »

"I will also start my water consumption tomorrow."

Do you realize how unbelievable it sounds that a "grown" human being is making that statement?
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1565 on: February 06, 2015, 08:30:51 PM »

The herb goals I made last night still stand.  I did have the grilled cheese sandwich and tomato soup.  I did not walk like I had planned on doing, but I'lol get out there tomorrow.  I'll have a bowl of cereal for breakfast and then I may go to a restaurant where I can get some vegetables for supper.  Golden Corral or Cracker Barrel is good for veggies.  I will also start my water consumption tomorrow.  Sunday, I'll start off with a bowl of cereal for breakfast and then have maybe another grilled cheese and tomato soup.  I definitely will fix the spaghetti Monday.

I don't even understand you
Panda Express

« Reply #1566 on: February 06, 2015, 08:30:55 PM »

I may go to a restaurant where I can get some vegetables for supper.  Golden Corral or Cracker Barrel is good for veggies. 

Good idea. Everyone knows you need to go to a sloppy restaurant in order to obtain vegetables.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1567 on: February 06, 2015, 08:32:08 PM »

Do you realize how unbelievable it sounds that a "grown" human being is making that statement?

Yes, I know.  It is what it is, though.  At least it sounds better than a grown man saying water is evil.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1568 on: February 06, 2015, 08:34:42 PM »

What did you do today besides post here and not walk?
World politics is up Schmitt creek
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1569 on: February 06, 2015, 08:35:11 PM »

I don't understand why Bushie edited the third sentence of that post. I'lol is much more accurate than I'll.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1570 on: February 06, 2015, 08:35:14 PM »

The herb goals I made last night still stand.  I did have the grilled cheese sandwich and tomato soup. I did not walk like I had planned on doing, but I'lol get out there tomorrow.  I'll have a bowl of cereal for breakfast and then I may go to a restaurant where I can get some vegetables for supper.  Golden Corral or Cracker Barrel is good for veggies.  I will also start my water consumption tomorrow. Sunday, I'll start off with a bowl of cereal for breakfast and then have maybe another grilled cheese and tomato soup.  I definitely will fix the spaghetti Monday.

I don't even understand you

Wow, I must not be able to type on my phone very well...  I'm on my laptop, now.

The first sentence:  I'll get out there tomorrow, not I'lol.
The second sentence should say "are good for vegetable consumption."
The third sentence is accurate.

I was not paying attention when I posted that...
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1571 on: February 06, 2015, 08:36:02 PM »

What did you do today besides post here and not walk?

I had that interview and I continued looking for a job this evening after I got home.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1572 on: February 06, 2015, 08:57:32 PM »

Yes, I know.  It is what it is, though.  At least it sounds better than a grown man saying water is evil.

Oh, are there people that say that or are you just giving yourself a totally unwarranted pat on the back (which does not count as exercise, all things considered)?
Attorney General, LGC Speaker, and Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #1573 on: February 06, 2015, 09:00:37 PM »

Bushie needs 3 hr/daily of exercise
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #1574 on: February 06, 2015, 09:09:56 PM »

if the lord wanted bushie to walk and drink water, he wouldnt have invented the car and soda pop!  duh.
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 60 61 62 [63] 64 65 66 67 68 ... 78  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies