Update XX: A Darn Good Judge of My Financial Situation
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 17, 2024, 10:41:06 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update XX: A Darn Good Judge of My Financial Situation
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 61 62 63 [64] 65 66 67 68 69 ... 78
Poll
Question: Will Bushie break 300 pounds before the end of February?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 63

Author Topic: Update XX: A Darn Good Judge of My Financial Situation  (Read 207762 times)
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1575 on: February 06, 2015, 09:10:27 PM »

"I will also start my water consumption tomorrow."

Do you realize how unbelievable it sounds that a "grown" human being is making that statement?

Yes, I know.  It is what it is, though.  At least it sounds better than a grown man saying water is evil.

Oh, are there people that say that or are you just giving yourself a totally unwarranted pat on the back (which does not count as exercise, all things considered)?

I have said that, or something similar, in the past.  I'm not looking for accolades, I'm just saying its a step in the right direction for me.
Panda Express

« Reply #1576 on: February 06, 2015, 09:13:58 PM »

When did you stop believing water was "evil", Bushie?
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1577 on: February 06, 2015, 09:21:57 PM »
« Edited: February 06, 2015, 09:23:44 PM by Monarch »

So no 10 minute walk and no vegetables yet the plan still stands!

Bravo Bushie. Glad you decided to make Day 1 of your new lifestyle a cheat day!
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1578 on: February 06, 2015, 09:23:55 PM »

It could take a while for this bug to completely out of my system.  I've still got some nausea still hanging around.  My stomach is definitely not ready for a big meal.  I guess I'll eat light again tomorrow.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1579 on: February 06, 2015, 09:30:04 PM »

Do you realize how unbelievable it sounds that a "grown" human being is making that statement?

Yes, I know.  It is what it is, though.  At least it sounds better than a grown man saying water is evil.

"At least" is becoming as good as ", yet." Whenever Bushie drops this, you know he's done something bad!

"At least I didn't eat a stick of butter for dinner."
"At least I'm not 485 pounds!"
"At least my victims weren't underage!"
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1580 on: February 06, 2015, 09:51:38 PM »

You're a sad, sad boy Jeffie. It's amazing to look at these past 4 years, and see how our lives have changed. I've made improvements for myself, and I'm living a happy, healthy life. I'm in a fantastic relationship, I have a great job, and my health hasn't been this good in years. When are you just gonna stop with the "I'm gonna" and just do it. Don't make plans, just do it. Nothing in life worth wanting comes easy. For Bob Sagets sake, you're legally considered an adult.. So act like it for once, and stop making a damn fool of yourself.

Big Daddy, OUT!
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1581 on: February 06, 2015, 10:08:57 PM »

hey bushie here are some good things that are easy on your stomach if you're still feeling bad:

carrots
celery
a big bowl of grapes
brussel sprouts
almonds
an apple
a big glass of water
one banana
a second banana if you want!
some low fat yogurt with no added sugars or artificial flavors
a handful of baby tomatoes
bell pepper slices
broccoli

here are some things not to eat:
goddamn mfing crackerbarrell jesus christ smh 😒
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1582 on: February 06, 2015, 10:24:12 PM »

These Update threads have to be the longest and most comprehensive social experiment ever conducted. 
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1583 on: February 06, 2015, 10:25:34 PM »

These Update threads have to be the longest and most comprehensive social experiment ever conducted. 

There was a time when I seriously didn't think he was real and that we were the subjects of some sick game.
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1584 on: February 06, 2015, 10:28:46 PM »

There was a time when I seriously didn't think he was real and that we were the subjects of some sick game.

I'm still not convinced it isn't lol
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1585 on: February 06, 2015, 10:35:59 PM »

I'm still not convinced it isn't lol

I was in that camp years ago too.  Our protagonist has really been laying it on thick lately though. There is only one explanation:  Verbal Kint is Keyser Soze and Jeff Brown is Kyle M.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #1586 on: February 06, 2015, 11:09:12 PM »

Oh, are there people that say that or are you just giving yourself a totally unwarranted pat on the back (which does not count as exercise, all things considered)?

There must be thousands of people all over Oklahoma who say water is evil on a regular basis.  It started when the water coming out of their faucet caught on fire which meant Satan was involved somehow.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1587 on: February 06, 2015, 11:15:18 PM »

I could be accused of having a cheat day on the first day of the diet, but then I would answer by saying the diet hasn't officially started.  In one of my posts from yesterday, I said the weeks run from Sunday through Saturday.  So, I am going to start the diet at midnight Sunday morning, the beginning of the week.  I will still eat light tomorrow on account of the lingering nausea, but I'm not going to officially start the diet until Sunday morning.  I will go to Walmart tomorrow, after I do my laundry, mainly for some fruits, vegetables, and meat.  I am also going to get a Brita water pitcher and some hamburger meat (ground beef) so I can fix the spaghetti Monday night.  Until then, I will be thinking of what I want for Tuesday's dinner.  I will eat in again that night and I will get the stuff to fix it tomorrow evening.  The only quasi-junk food I am going to pick up will be a case of Diet Dr. Pepper.  I am going to steer clear of the cracker and cookie isle.  I will have some water tomorrow, like I promised earlier this evening and I will start walking tomorrow while I do my laundry.  I see no reason why I can't put in at least a half mile, if not close to one mile.  I won't officially begin the diet until Sunday morning, but I'm going to start a few things tomorrow.  It's supposed to be 75 degrees outside and partly cloudy to mostly sunny skies, an early taste of Spring, so I have no excuse not to walk.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1588 on: February 06, 2015, 11:25:04 PM »

lol
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1589 on: February 06, 2015, 11:25:41 PM »

Valid response
Attorney General, LGC Speaker, and Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #1590 on: February 06, 2015, 11:36:34 PM »

I could be accused of having a cheat day on the first day of the diet, but then I would answer by saying the diet hasn't officially started.  In one of my posts from yesterday, I said the weeks run from Sunday through Saturday.  So, I am going to start the diet at midnight Sunday morning, the beginning of the week.  I will still eat light tomorrow on account of the lingering nausea, but I'm not going to officially start the diet until Sunday morning.  I will go to Walmart tomorrow, after I do my laundry, mainly for some fruits, vegetables, and meat.  I am also going to get a Brita water pitcher and some hamburger meat (ground beef) so I can fix the spaghetti Monday night.  Until then, I will be thinking of what I want for Tuesday's dinner.  I will eat in again that night and I will get the stuff to fix it tomorrow evening.  The only quasi-junk food I am going to pick up will be a case of Diet Dr. Pepper.  I am going to steer clear of the cracker and cookie isle.  I will have some water tomorrow, like I promised earlier this evening and I will start walking tomorrow while I do my laundry.  I see no reason why I can't put in at least a half mile, if not close to one mile.  I won't officially begin the diet until Sunday morning, but I'm going to start a few things tomorrow.  It's supposed to be 75 degrees outside and partly cloudy to mostly sunny skies, an early taste of Spring, so I have no excuse not to walk.
good boy. Now remember, you can't cheat at all from Sunday on. Except for MAYBE one 'junk meal' every time you reach a multiple of 10 pounds lost from whatever you weigh at 11:59 pm Saturday.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1591 on: February 07, 2015, 12:58:53 AM »

One of the reasons I am serious about this lifestyle change is I cannot hide it any longer my body is showing signs of breaking down with all these stomach bugs and aches and pains.  I have been very fortunate in that I have not been diagnosed with diabetes, but I know that being 115-120 pounds overweight and having a family history of the disease, I'm living on borrowed time unless I do something about it.  The fact that I don't have it, yet, means I can stop the diabetes train before it crashes through the depot.  I can hear the whistle of the train off in the distance, but it hasn't arrived at the depot, yet.  That is my "why" and my motivation.  I can't hide it or sugar coat it any longer.  I'm 2 1/2 months from my 33rd birthday.  I have the body of someone 40-50 years my senior and even that may be too conservative as there are many men in their 70s and 80s who are in much better health than me.  It's time to get moving.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1592 on: February 07, 2015, 01:02:34 AM »

It is midnight Saturday morning.  I have exactly 24 hours and ticking until my diet officially begins.
J-Mann
United States

« Reply #1593 on: February 07, 2015, 01:11:26 AM »

It is midnight Saturday morning.  I have exactly 24 hours and ticking until my diet officially begins.

You keep saying "I will," over and over, just as you have for literally years. You can't and wont, Jeff. And even if you make some half-hearted attempt for a few days, you'll give up. It's not in your makeup to be successful. You're already making excuses, since you realize you have the body of a [morbidly obese] 80-year-old but are holding off on starting to make change until some arbitrary date hits.

Focus your energy on something you may actually be able to do: find a job and pray that it has health insurance that's worth a [Braums].
Attorney General, LGC Speaker, and Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #1594 on: February 07, 2015, 02:14:46 AM »

You keep saying "I will," over and over, just as you have for literally years. You can't and wont, Jeff. And even if you make some half-hearted attempt for a few days, you'll give up. It's not in your makeup to be successful. You're already making excuses, since you realize you have the body of a [morbidly obese] 80-year-old but are holding off on starting to make change until some arbitrary date hits.

Focus your energy on something you may actually be able to do: find a job and pray that it has health insurance that's worth a [Braums].
Let's give bushie a chance. He's committed to starting his diet 23 hours from now, let's not assume he will just automatically break that commitment. Sure, I get that his past track record is a disaster. But perhaps this time he's actually caring.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1595 on: February 07, 2015, 02:16:19 AM »

One of the reasons I am serious about this lifestyle change is I cannot hide it any longer my body is showing signs of breaking down with all these stomach bugs and aches and pains.  I have been very fortunate in that I have not been diagnosed with diabetes, but I know that being 115-120 pounds overweight and having a family history of the disease, I'm living on borrowed time unless I do something about it.  The fact that I don't have it, yet, means I can stop the diabetes train before it crashes through the depot.  I can hear the whistle of the train off in the distance, but it hasn't arrived at the depot, yet.  That is my "why" and my motivation.  I can't hide it or sugar coat it any longer.  I'm 2 1/2 months from my 33rd birthday.  I have the body of someone 40-50 years my senior and even that may be too conservative as there are many men in their 70s and 80s who are in much better health than me.  It's time to get moving.

I'd be more concerned with the possibility of a massive heart attack.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #1596 on: February 07, 2015, 02:30:07 AM »

Let's give bushie a chance. He's committed to starting his diet 23 hours from now, let's not assume he will just automatically break that commitment. Sure, I get that his past track record is a disaster. But perhaps this time he's actually caring.

New to Update, aren't you?
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1597 on: February 07, 2015, 07:58:02 AM »

Ah, the sight of Our Dear Friend, strolling through the aisles of Walmart, basket tucked under his arm, picking out only the freshest of fruits, vegetables and meats. Sounds like something right out of a Disney movie.
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #1598 on: February 07, 2015, 08:02:15 AM »

hey bushie here are some good things that are easy on your stomach if you're still feeling bad:

carrots
celery
a big bowl of grapes
brussel sprouts
almonds
an apple
a big glass of water
one banana
a second banana if you want!
some low fat yogurt with no added sugars or artificial flavors
a handful of baby tomatoes
bell pepper slices
broccoli

here are some things not to eat:
goddamn mfing crackerbarrell jesus christ smh 😒

Not all of that is really easy on the stomach.  In particular, grapes, yogurt, tomato, apples, and for some people, even bell pepper, will make stomach problems worse.  Water, if it is too cold, will also make the pain worse.  Warm, bland foods like soup and oatmeal, are much better for the upset stomach.  Soda crackers as well.  The drink should be warm and dilute.  I recommend chamomile tea.
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #1599 on: February 07, 2015, 08:12:10 AM »

I don't like saying people can't change.  I am proof they can.  I was  hopeless alcoholic, now I've been sober over 6 years.

But it took a *complete lifestyle change*.  Bushie seems unwilling to change his life... with his cheat days and his aversion to doing basic things like drinking water and taking a walk.
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 61 62 63 [64] 65 66 67 68 69 ... 78  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies