Update XX: A Darn Good Judge of My Financial Situation
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 05:15:49 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update XX: A Darn Good Judge of My Financial Situation
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 65 66 67 [68] 69 70 71 72 73 ... 78
Poll
Question: Will Bushie break 300 pounds before the end of February?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 63

Author Topic: Update XX: A Darn Good Judge of My Financial Situation  (Read 207859 times)
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1675 on: February 08, 2015, 09:40:11 AM »

Chili from scratch.  Browning the hamburger meat and adding in some chili seasoning and maybe a few spices.  I might throw in some other stuff like ranch style beans, diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, and cover it with a lid for a few minutes to let the ingredients cook together and blend nicely.  I make sure I have plenty of Fritos and shredded cheese to cool the chili down.

It's a simple recipe and I just put it in a cast iron skillet.

Ugh, typical Okie, thinking chili has beans in it.

I won't dignify the mention of Fritos and shredded cheese with a response.

Some recipes do include beans.

Fritos and shredded cheese are staples at chili time.  I don't see what the big deal is with them, as long as they're applied with moderation and restraint?
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1676 on: February 08, 2015, 09:47:25 AM »

Maybe the point is that chili shouldn't be part of a diet, pal...
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #1677 on: February 08, 2015, 10:39:57 AM »

None of this stuff should be part of his diet plan, but then again, we know this diet will go nowhere so...
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #1678 on: February 08, 2015, 11:02:01 AM »

None of this stuff should be part of his diet plan, but then again, we know this diet will go nowhere so...

I hope you voted in the cheating poll.   
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #1679 on: February 08, 2015, 11:02:24 AM »

In fairness, we got onto the chili subject because he was asked what else (if anything) he could already cook; not necessarily healthy diet food.

So yeah, don't cook chili during this diet phase, Bushie.  Especially with f[Inks]ing Fritos in it wtf
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1680 on: February 08, 2015, 11:47:25 AM »

chili and fritos is indeed a staple in the southwest.  that doesn't mean you can't  eat it without. our ancestors ate chili before fritos were invented

I think chili can be part of the diet plan if he subbed out the fritos and cheese.

Bushie seems OK with celery and baby carrots. Use those raw as a crunchy dip item for your chili
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1681 on: February 08, 2015, 12:01:45 PM »

What's your first vegetable of the day,  Bushie?
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #1682 on: February 08, 2015, 12:06:56 PM »

Is it wrong to find this funny? Or is that a normal way of writing saucepan in America?
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #1683 on: February 08, 2015, 12:59:18 PM »

Is it wrong to find this funny? Or is that a normal way of writing saucepan in America?

Stores here write it as one word.  Not sure about the stores in Oklahoma.  When it comes to consumer goods, we're a pretty homogenized bunch, despite the faux regionalism.  My guess is that they write it as one word in Oklahoma as well.

Cake pan, on the other hand, is two words.  I'm not sure why.
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #1684 on: February 08, 2015, 01:41:53 PM »

OK Bushie here's a challenge for you:

I'm going to walk to the Walker Art Center for some Ingress stuff. Google Maps puts that distance at 1.5 miles. I am going to WALK, not drive. So walking two ways is 1.5 miles. I suppose I could take public transportation back but I haven't in the many times I've walked there. So that's three miles, not counting my walking around the sculpture garden for Ingress. We'll ignore that for now.

I challenge you to do the same. Walk 1.5 miles to somewhere and back.

Also I'll point out it's currently 66F in Tulsa and 29F in Minneapolis.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1685 on: February 08, 2015, 01:43:14 PM »

With the laundry finished for the week, I am going to make a Walmart list, grab some supper, and then go by the store before daylight is gone.  I think I will go out to eat tonight.  The exercise portion of the change started today, but the diet portion starts at midnight, so I'm going to enjoy one last meal before I start the diet portion tomorrow.

lol...

This isn't going to be pretty.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1686 on: February 08, 2015, 02:03:57 PM »

I made it home from church.  This morning, I weighed in at 288, but I woke up too late for breakfast.  I just had two hot dogs for lunch.  I am about to have some baby carrots and a bottle of water for a snack.  After the Thunder game, I'll get out and walk for about 10 minutes.  BRTD, I'm not ready to walk 3 miles, yet.  I have to build up to it.  Maybe some day I can, but not right now.  I will be leaving for church at 1640 because we are starting the rehearsals for our Easter Cantata.  Easter is only 8 weeks away.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #1687 on: February 08, 2015, 02:08:44 PM »

Bushie...walk 1 mile at least..thats normal walking pace for ~15 minutes.  Make it an hour and you've walked 3-4 miles.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1688 on: February 08, 2015, 02:11:23 PM »

Bushie...walk 1 mile at least..thats normal walking pace for ~15 minutes.  Make it an hour and you've walked 3-4 miles.

I walk 20 minute miles, but I'm just not ready to keep it up for an entire hour.  Does nobody understand the need to work up to it?  Nobody who walks or runs a race starts out at the length required for the race.  They start out small and work up.
J-Mann
United States

« Reply #1689 on: February 08, 2015, 02:22:17 PM »

I walk 20 minute miles, but I'm just not ready to keep it up for an entire hour.  Does nobody understand the need to work up to it?  Nobody who walks or runs a race starts out at the length required for the race.  They start out small and work up.

This is what I'm talking about -- never a willingness to take even the first step. A couple of laps around Walmart and you think you deserve a trophy, and no drive to ever push yourself beyond. I guarantee that in a month, you'll either be off the exercise train altogether, or saying how you're "working your way up."
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1690 on: February 08, 2015, 02:35:42 PM »

This is what I'm talking about -- never a willingness to take even the first step. A couple of laps around Walmart and you think you deserve a trophy, and no drive to ever push yourself beyond. I guarantee that in a month, you'll either be off the exercise train altogether, or saying how you're "working your way up."

Right now, I can walk about 20 minutes with no problems.  By the middle of March, I hope to be up to 30-40 minutes.  I can walk a mile with no problem.  I just can't do much beyond that, yet.  I am working to increase my distance and time.
Negusa Nagast 🚀
Nagas
United States

« Reply #1691 on: February 08, 2015, 02:38:24 PM »

Right now, I can walk about 20 minutes with no problems.  By the middle of March, I hope to be up to 30-40 minutes.  I can walk a mile with no problem.  I just can't do much beyond that, yet.  I am working to increase my distance and time.

Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

« Reply #1692 on: February 08, 2015, 02:54:15 PM »

I think it would be better for you to measure your walking in distance rather than time. Less possibility to "cheat" by simply walking slower or frequently stopping.

If you have to take breaks to walk two miles, so be it. But walk two miles, no matter how long it takes. Listen to music or a podcast on your phone if that'll make things go by quicker.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1693 on: February 08, 2015, 03:00:23 PM »

I just had about 15 baby carrots and a bottle of water for a snack.  Quite tasty.  I will get out and walk in another 30-45 minutes after the Thunder game.
Attorney General, LGC Speaker, and Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #1694 on: February 08, 2015, 03:05:31 PM »

I just had about 15 baby carrots and a bottle of water for a snack.  Quite tasty.  I will get out and walk in another 30-45 minutes after the Thunder game.
Good. 2 miles minimum, ok?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1695 on: February 08, 2015, 03:09:43 PM »

Maybe not 2 miles because I don't want to get too sweaty for church tonight.  I don't want to stand next to my choir mates all smelly.  I also want to watch most of the Lakers vs. Cavs game.  I will put in at least .5-.75 mile, though.
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1696 on: February 08, 2015, 03:18:04 PM »

Maybe not 2 miles because I don't want to get too sweaty for church tonight.  I don't want to stand next to my choir mates all smelly.  I also want to watch most of the Lakers vs. Cavs game.  I will put in at least .5-.75 mile, though.

You are absolutely pathetic.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1697 on: February 08, 2015, 03:21:28 PM »

You are absolutely pathetic.

Just be glad I'm going to walk SOME.  It may not be on the forum's terms, but it doesn't have to be.  At least I will get out and get SOME exercise.
Reginald
« Reply #1698 on: February 08, 2015, 03:44:16 PM »

Ah, and there's the "At least I..."

Do you not have a shower? You'll surely have time to recover in between, since you've told us the exact time you're leaving for church. As usual, this is reading like excuses, excuses, excuses.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1699 on: February 08, 2015, 03:52:59 PM »

I just walked for 15 minutes and 2/3 of a mile.  I couldn't go any longer.  The forum, though, has to be happy that I got out there and walked some.  Of course, I know nothing will ever be good enough, but I feel good about it.
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 65 66 67 [68] 69 70 71 72 73 ... 78  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies