Update XX: A Darn Good Judge of My Financial Situation
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 03:38:05 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update XX: A Darn Good Judge of My Financial Situation
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 66 67 68 [69] 70 71 72 73 74 ... 78
Poll
Question: Will Bushie break 300 pounds before the end of February?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 63

Author Topic: Update XX: A Darn Good Judge of My Financial Situation  (Read 208250 times)
memphis
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1700 on: February 08, 2015, 04:15:01 PM »

Bushie, do you understand why so many Update regulars have trouble taking your diet and exercise seriously?
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

« Reply #1701 on: February 08, 2015, 04:18:06 PM »

I just walked for 15 minutes and 2/3 of a mile.  I couldn't go any longer.  The forum, though, has to be happy that I got out there and walked some.  Of course, I know nothing will ever be good enough, but I feel good about it.

You feel good about being in worse physical shape than my grandmother - who is 81 years old and suffered a mild stroke last year? She can walk more than that at a time.

You should not feel good about walking 2/3 of a mile for 15 minutes one day. That level of activity should be a given. You're not doing anything above and beyond what a non-disabled human being ought to be doing.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1702 on: February 08, 2015, 04:22:44 PM »

Bushie, just keep pushing yourself. With the walking, what I don't want you to do set a specific time / distance and be rigid. Go as far as you can push yourself and then 10 steps further than that.

With the church thing, at least try to walk to church and then ask someone for a ride home if you don't want to do the full trip yet. Honestly, it should be very spiritually rewarding for you do a physical exercise and end at the doors of your church, in front of God.

There's an Easter tradition here in New Mexico called the Santuario walk during Easter where local Catholics celebrate the end of Lent by walking the 25 mile journey from Santa Fe to Chimayo's old Santuario church. 25 miles is a lot, but everyone who does it says it's worth it.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #1703 on: February 08, 2015, 04:24:07 PM »

I don't understand why I'm being bashed over the head for walking?  No, I didn't walk for 2 miles, or even 1 mile, but I did not sit on my butt, either.  Beggars cannot be choosers.  I can't be expected to start off with 2 miles when I haven't walked ANYWHERE in several months.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1704 on: February 08, 2015, 04:26:33 PM »

Bushie, just keep pushing yourself. With the walking, what I don't want you to do set a specific time / distance and be rigid. Go as far as you can push yourself and then 10 steps further than that.

With the church thing, at least try to walk to church and then ask someone for a ride home if you don't want to do the full trip yet. Honestly, it should be very spiritually rewarding for you do a physical exercise and end at the doors of your church, in front of God.

There's an Easter tradition here in New Mexico called the Santuario walk during Easter where local Catholics celebrate the end of Lent by walking the 25 mile journey from Santa Fe to Chimayo's old Santuario church. 25 miles is a lot, but everyone who does it says it's worth it.

I'm not going to stay where I'm at.  I've said over and over that I'm going to work up and increase my distance and time.  I want to get to 2 miles and even more than that, but I'm not there, yet.
AkSaber
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -8.00

« Reply #1705 on: February 08, 2015, 04:33:11 PM »

Maybe not 2 miles because I don't want to get too sweaty for church tonight.  I don't want to stand next to my choir mates all smelly.  I also want to watch most of the Lakers vs. Cavs game.  I will put in at least .5-.75 mile, though.

Then, by all means, take another shower today. Exercise and physical fitness are such wonderful gifts from God. Please don't use your church as an excuse to keep you from enjoying those gifts.

Getting sweaty from a workout is a good thing too. It's a sign the workout you're doing is actually paying off for your body.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1706 on: February 08, 2015, 04:34:43 PM »

While I'm normally weary of you purchasing walking gear, when I lost a lot of weight back in early high school through walking, I wore a pedometer. You should be able to get a New Balance pedometer to clip on your belt for about $15 that is pretty accurate and tell you how many steps you take in a day.

The nice thing about wearing a pedometer for you is that you get credit for steps you do anywhere, such as walking from kitchen to bathroom.  And you can't cheat it because it works by counting the rigid tempo shakes associated with walking.

This will give you a good idea of your activity level. I was nowhere near your weight or inactivity level, but I started a goal of 10,000 steps a day (I was 3,000-5,000 already steps a day doing nothing) and by the end of the summer before school started again I was 30 lbs lighter and doing upwards of 25,000 steps a day.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1707 on: February 08, 2015, 04:37:25 PM »

There's probably even a free pedometer app you can download for my phone. I know my iPhone has a "Health" app that came with the OS that keeps track of all I walk during the day.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1708 on: February 08, 2015, 04:38:37 PM »

There's probably even a free pedometer app you can download for my phone. I know my iPhone has a "Health" app that came with the OS that keeps track of all I walk during the day.

Yeah I think there are. I prefer the belt clips/wristbands because they're easier to keep on at all times. You can always set down your phone.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1709 on: February 08, 2015, 04:41:01 PM »

While I'm normally weary of you purchasing walking gear, when I lost a lot of weight back in early high school through walking, I wore a pedometer. You should be able to get a New Balance pedometer to clip on your belt for about $15 that is pretty accurate and tell you how many steps you take in a day.

The nice thing about wearing a pedometer for you is that you get credit for steps you do anywhere, such as walking from kitchen to bathroom.  And you can't cheat it because it works by counting the rigid tempo shakes associated with walking.

This will give you a good idea of your activity level. I was nowhere near your weight or inactivity level, but I started a goal of 10,000 steps a day (I was 3,000-5,000 already steps a day doing nothing) and by the end of the summer before school started again I was 30 lbs lighter and doing upwards of 25,000 steps a day.

Where would I get this pedometer?  Sporting Goods store, like Dicks or Academy?
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #1710 on: February 08, 2015, 04:50:06 PM »

You can get a FitBit or just carry your phone. The iPhones all have one built in and you can see how many steps you take each day with your phone on you. It's under the health app.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1711 on: February 08, 2015, 04:50:43 PM »

Just download a free app. This isn't 1997. You don't need to pay for a seperate device. Also, you never answered my question, Bushie. Do you understand why people don't take your diet/exercise seriously?
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1712 on: February 08, 2015, 04:52:31 PM »

The nice thing about wearing a pedometer for you is that you get credit for steps you do anywhere, such as walking from kitchen to bathroom.  And you can't cheat it because it works by counting the rigid tempo shakes associated with walking.

Where would I get this pedometer?  Sporting Goods store, like Dicks or Academy?

Yeah, WalMart would probably have it, too.

I know there's apps, but I really think an old fashioned clip would be best for you. FitBits and bands like that are nice, but also like $100.

I just want you to have a consistent reading your step totals. Nothing else really matters.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1713 on: February 08, 2015, 04:58:50 PM »

Just download a free app. This isn't 1997. You don't need to pay for a seperate device. Also, you never answered my question, Bushie. Do you understand why people don't take your diet/exercise seriously?

Yes, I understand, but I don't understand why people can't be happy that I'm walking and not vegging on the couch in front of the TV with a coke.  They seem to want it all right here, right now.  I'll get there, but I'm not starting off that high.  It doesn't mean that I'm not serious, though.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1714 on: February 08, 2015, 05:02:51 PM »

People here riding you is good for you, Bushie. It keeps complacency at bay.

Rocky didn't get to the top of those steps with his coach telling him how great he is. He called him a bum.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1715 on: February 08, 2015, 05:23:58 PM »

People here riding you is good for you, Bushie. It keeps complacency at bay.

Rocky didn't get to the top of those steps with his coach telling him how great he is. He called him a bum.

I guess I can see that.
Attorney General, LGC Speaker, and Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #1716 on: February 08, 2015, 05:25:13 PM »

Bushie, if you cannot handle >15 minutes of walking, then I honestly wonder how you even get by in life. With all due respect, I don't exercise a lot, and I can walk a good two miles before I get anything like tired legs, or chest pains, or whatever(granted, my eating habits are a lot healthier than yours, but still). If you find yourself sweating, don't stop right then and there. Sweating /=/ total exhaustion.

Look, and I'm being brutally honest here, if you cannot handle even 20 or 30 minutes of walking, then either you're lazy and just making excuses in hopes of appeasing us, or you're terribly lacking in basic human abilities. If you sweat, fine. If you need an extra shower, fine. Both of those are good signs the workout is helping you, not a sign you need to collapse on the couch for the next 3 hours.

And also, don't put fritos in your chili when you make it. I'm sure most of us would agree that that is pure cheating that you should avoid at all costs.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1717 on: February 08, 2015, 05:38:08 PM »

Didn't Bushie have a pedometer at some point? As I recall, he tried to see if it would count his driving in his car, but it did not.
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #1718 on: February 08, 2015, 05:38:39 PM »

....waiting for bushie to spend $100 on a super duper pedometer that he will use once.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1719 on: February 08, 2015, 05:48:45 PM »

Didn't Bushie have a pedometer at some point? As I recall, he tried to see if it would count his driving in his car, but it did not.

No, that was a free iPhone app - Endomondo
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1720 on: February 08, 2015, 05:49:21 PM »
« Edited: February 08, 2015, 05:53:28 PM by Monarch »

He had an app that judges distance that he drove really slowly to cheat. It's why I'm weary of him and phone apps. I think the belt clip counting steps is the right thing.
Attorney General, LGC Speaker, and Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #1721 on: February 08, 2015, 05:57:29 PM »

He had an app that judges distance that he drove really slowly to cheat.

Wow....lololololololololol
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1722 on: February 08, 2015, 06:12:08 PM »

In other news, but the job search is already underway for the week.  I've already put in one application about 30 minutes ago and I've got a place I'm going to call in the morning.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #1723 on: February 08, 2015, 07:40:32 PM »

My best friend at church, though, is going to send out a mass text tomorrow asking if anyone knows of any CAD jobs here in the Oklahoma City area. 

That's awfully nice of him, but realistically, is there any chance of success going that route? Does he actually know people who would hire in that area? I don't blame you for trying because it can't hurt, but is it progress?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1724 on: February 08, 2015, 07:46:55 PM »

My best friend at church, though, is going to send out a mass text tomorrow asking if anyone knows of any CAD jobs here in the Oklahoma City area.

That's awfully nice of him, but realistically, is there any chance of success going that route? Does he actually know people who would hire in that area? I don't blame you for trying because it can't hurt, but is it progress?

This was almost a month ago, but while it was a nice gesture, it didn't turn up any results.
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 66 67 68 [69] 70 71 72 73 74 ... 78  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies