Update XX: A Darn Good Judge of My Financial Situation
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 04:06:55 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update XX: A Darn Good Judge of My Financial Situation
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 68 69 70 [71] 72 73 74 75 76 ... 78
Poll
Question: Will Bushie break 300 pounds before the end of February?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 63

Author Topic: Update XX: A Darn Good Judge of My Financial Situation  (Read 208079 times)
Kushahontas
floating_to_sea
Kenya

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1750 on: February 09, 2015, 07:28:21 PM »

Since he did not post what he ate today I will assume it's RIP diet.

I was just about to post what I had.  I had a bowl of cereal this morning for breakfast, just water for lunch, and a bacon and tomato sandwich for supper.  I had 4 glasses of water today (34 oz. total).  I will get out and walk at 1730 before this evening's basketball games come on.

wouldn't this have slowed down metabolism and increased fat retention??
Attorney General, LGC Speaker, and Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #1751 on: February 09, 2015, 07:31:03 PM »

I was able to bump it from 15 to 20 minutes tonight and put in 0.8 miles.

The calculator shows you burned 150 calories.  You need to do more. 

http://www.shapesense.com/fitness-exercise/calculators/walking-calorie-burn-calculator.aspx
Not to mention the distance is still significantly below average human abilities.

To Kushahontas: It would be a little better if he had a small lunch as opposed to no lunch at all. But no lunch is better than an unhealthy one, so it's something.
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1752 on: February 09, 2015, 08:01:59 PM »

How do you have to stop??  Do your legs get tired, you get out of breath??

Oh and do not skip meals, your metabolism is already a cluster****, it doesn't need to be made worse
Panda Express

« Reply #1753 on: February 09, 2015, 09:14:12 PM »

I was just about to post what I had.  I had a bowl of cereal this morning for breakfast, just water for lunch, and a bacon and tomato sandwich for supper.  I had 4 glasses of water today (34 oz. total).  I will get out and walk at 1730 before this evening's basketball games come on.

How many sodas did you drink today?
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1754 on: February 09, 2015, 09:49:13 PM »

Oh and do not skip meals, your metabolism is already a cluster****, it doesn't need to be made worse

Bushie literally said his heart would give out after a few miles, alarming as that is.
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1755 on: February 09, 2015, 10:08:08 PM »

Bushie literally said his heart would give out after a few miles, alarming as that is.

I can understand why someone out of shape could think that about running, but walking holy f***.  That is just on a totally different and beyond scary level there.

Bushie do you realie why we are so concerned about your weight, lack of exercise and health??
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1756 on: February 09, 2015, 11:02:17 PM »

Guys, you have to crawl before you can walk. Go too much too fast and his joints could take hit and blisters etc. I did mix of walking and recumbent exercise bike. Strap on an 80lb backpack and many of you would not make it very far either.
At his weight, he could also skip a meal without that much ill effect. There are slightly different rules than normal dieters when you get up to certain levels of girth.
Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1757 on: February 10, 2015, 12:02:08 AM »

Guys, you have to crawl before you can walk. Go too much too fast and his joints could take hit and blisters etc. I did mix of walking and recumbent exercise bike. Strap on an 80lb backpack and many of you would not make it very far either.
At his weight, he could also skip a meal without that much ill effect. There are slightly different rules than normal dieters when you get up to certain levels of girth.

Walking isn't easy when you're 300 pounds, that's for sure.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #1758 on: February 10, 2015, 05:16:15 AM »

I honestly think my diet has been worse than Bushie's these last few days. Being snowed in all the time sucks.

Muscle your butt to the gym, even if you don't want to. That is the best way to survive, in my most recent experience with my Hudson Valley hood. And why is it, that so many driver's in the hood, don't know how to drive in it, with snow and ice on the roads? I mean I learned that in my salad days in Chicago and Ann Arbor. And what you learned with so many of your brttains cells then un-killed, you remember now - like it was yesterday. It seems indeed like "yesterday"when I was your age (I mean most of you here), was not far off from the actual yesterday. Time really flies when you get old. Make the most of it while you can!

Dude this thread isn't about you or God forsaken Hudson.  Roll Eyes
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #1759 on: February 10, 2015, 07:59:27 AM »

This must have been posted before but if so I missed it, so to be safe - could the lurking Onion Update writer be Bushie himself?

http://www.theonion.com/articles/man-brings-lunch-from-home-to-cut-down-on-small-jo,37912/
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1760 on: February 10, 2015, 09:31:11 AM »

This must have been posted before but if so I missed it, so to be safe - could the lurking Onion Update writer be Bushie himself?

http://www.theonion.com/articles/man-brings-lunch-from-home-to-cut-down-on-small-jo,37912/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hvzw7MOFhQo
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #1761 on: February 10, 2015, 10:45:56 AM »

That really stretches the imagination.........a lot.
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1762 on: February 10, 2015, 12:12:39 PM »

I realize that.  I'm not suggesting Bushie do anything that I do, go out running or anything like that.  However, it is amazing how out of shape he really is.  The fact he can't walk a mile, and thinks if he walks a couple miles his heart will give out is an extremely dangerous and serious situation. 
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1763 on: February 10, 2015, 12:26:47 PM »

I realize that.  I'm not suggesting Bushie do anything that I do, go out running or anything like that.  However, it is amazing how out of shape he really is.  The fact he can't walk a mile, and thinks if he walks a couple miles his heart will give out is an extremely dangerous and serious situation. 

Indeed.  It is amazing how cavalier he is about how he thinks that too long a walk will put him six feet under.  Why and how could you live so debilitated? 

Bushie is a fat, but also a complete attention whore by his own admission.  We've said it before, but why can't we get him on one of those weight loss reality shows?  Bushie would probably be a national sensation. 
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #1764 on: February 10, 2015, 03:03:14 PM »

I honestly think my diet has been worse than Bushie's these last few days. Being snowed in all the time sucks.

Muscle your butt to the gym, even if you don't want to. That is the best way to survive, in my most recent experience with my Hudson Valley hood. And why is it, that so many driver's in the hood, don't know how to drive in it, with snow and ice on the roads? I mean I learned that in my salad days in Chicago and Ann Arbor. And what you learned with so many of your brttains cells then un-killed, you remember now - like it was yesterday. It seems indeed like "yesterday"when I was your age (I mean most of you here), was not far off from the actual yesterday. Time really flies when you get old. Make the most of it while you can!

Dude this thread isn't about you or God forsaken Hudson.  Roll Eyes

I do it just to annoy you Grumps. Deal with it!   Why so you think God has forsaken Hudson?  Oh wait, I know why. He split due to my arrival. Tongue
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #1765 on: February 10, 2015, 04:31:23 PM »

Progress Report:  Today's been a good day.  I had a bowl of cereal again for breakfast, 4 glasses of water, and will scramble some eggs for supper.  I also walked for 20 minutes.
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1766 on: February 10, 2015, 04:35:31 PM »

Progress Report:  Today's been a good day.  I had a bowl of cereal again for breakfast, 4 glasses of water, and will scramble some eggs for supper.  I also walked for 20 minutes.

Well done.  It's a good start.
Attorney General, LGC Speaker, and Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #1767 on: February 10, 2015, 04:38:12 PM »

Well, so much for all the people who voted "one day" or "less than one day" in the "how long until bushie cheats" thread.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1768 on: February 10, 2015, 04:40:36 PM »

Thanks, guys, I am just waiting for it to start translating to the scale.
Stranger in a strange land
strangeland
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1769 on: February 10, 2015, 04:41:16 PM »

Here's an idea: why doesn't Bushie volunteer at a Christian non-profit: it'll get him out of his apartment and hopefully up and moving, it'll be something he can put on his resume between jobs, and if he might even learn something. For example, if he volunteers at a soup kitchen, he might learn some basic cooking; if he volunteers to help build houses, he might learn how to use tools and do basic home repair, etc. It might also help him make connections with like-minded people that he might be able to leverage into a job later on.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1770 on: February 10, 2015, 04:47:23 PM »

Hooray. Hope he's not lying like the time when was down to 250 lbs.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1771 on: February 10, 2015, 04:49:01 PM »

Here is an update on the job search from today:  I had a non-CAD interview this morning, but I'm not going to do it because it's all sales.  Sales are worse than call centers for me.  As far as the CAD search goes, it has been a mostly dry day, although in the past 30 minutes I have reactivated another recruiter that I worked with last summer who may possibly have a job opening.  I'll find out more soon.  I am also going to, hopefully, get a new recruiter started looking tomorrow morning.  I currently have no more interviews scheduled the rest of the week, although I'm hoping that will change very soon.
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1772 on: February 10, 2015, 04:49:50 PM »

Here's an idea: why doesn't Bushie volunteer at a Christian non-profit: it'll get him out of his apartment and hopefully up and moving, it'll be something he can put on his resume between jobs, and if he might even learn something. For example, if he volunteers at a soup kitchen, he might learn some basic cooking; if he volunteers to help build houses, he might learn how to use tools and do basic home repair, etc. It might also help him make connections with like-minded people that he might be able to leverage into a job later on.

This is a good idea.  Don't you think this is a very good use of your free time, Bushie?  If you want to, as you say, do "God's work on Earth", would this not be a decent idea?
rpryor03
Bahamas

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1773 on: February 10, 2015, 05:04:40 PM »

This is a good idea.  Don't you think this is a very good use of your free time, Bushie?  If you want to, as you say, do "God's work on Earth", would this not be a decent idea?

I think that this is a good idea, Jeff. I enjoy doing work like this, and it is spiritually rewarding.
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1774 on: February 10, 2015, 05:13:07 PM »

I think that this is a good idea, Jeff. I enjoy doing work like this, and it is spiritually rewarding.

I have no idea what this means, but listen to your peers in religion, Jeff.  Who knows?  You might get a position with a non-profit... and at the very least make connections with people. 

Have you done bowling night recently?
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 68 69 70 [71] 72 73 74 75 76 ... 78  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies