Update XX: A Darn Good Judge of My Financial Situation
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 08:29:42 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update XX: A Darn Good Judge of My Financial Situation
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 73 74 75 [76] 77 78
Poll
Question: Will Bushie break 300 pounds before the end of February?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 63

Author Topic: Update XX: A Darn Good Judge of My Financial Situation  (Read 208066 times)
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1875 on: February 11, 2015, 03:44:55 PM »

Update XX is skyrocketing from C- grade to A+ at record speed!
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #1876 on: February 11, 2015, 03:49:11 PM »

I'm still going to go in there tomorrow with an open mind and see what is going on.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1877 on: February 11, 2015, 03:51:30 PM »

lol, he's even ignoring the advice from Smash now!
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1878 on: February 11, 2015, 03:58:10 PM »

Bushie, rather than drive to your fancy new job, you should download the Uber app and call a chauffeur to transport you there in style!
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #1879 on: February 11, 2015, 03:59:37 PM »

lol, he's even ignoring the advice from Smash now!

smash is not bathed in prayer.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #1880 on: February 11, 2015, 04:02:46 PM »

I'm hearing all of what you are saying... and I'm letting it go out the other ear.  I don't need negativity and I am not going to listen to negativity. 

Because that worked out so well the other dozen times the forum tried to warn you about scams!
Negusa Nagast 🚀
Nagas
United States

« Reply #1881 on: February 11, 2015, 04:03:16 PM »

He thinks he absolutely knows what's going to happen in the future.  He thinks I don't know anything.

You're more predictable than the sun rising in the morning.
Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1882 on: February 11, 2015, 04:12:52 PM »

Have you shared the company name with Smash and JMann are you going in this one blind with no research?

Nope, I haven't seen anything on this. 

Bushie is the $30,000 a salary??  A draw?  Does the $30k base even exist?  What kind of sales?

The $30,000 is a base salary.  I will be selling credit card machines to small and medium sized businesses in the Tulsa metro.

Are you selling the machines or the processing service behind the machines?

The machines themselves.

OK. Now, do you realize that the machines themselves are generally given away for free? The most popular smartphone credit card reader, Square, literally costs nothing. Larger credit card terminals are also free (check out that other CC company's website linked in this thread). They're given away because money is made by charging transaction fees, not selling hardware.

You are being asked to sell something that no one sells anymore.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1883 on: February 11, 2015, 04:13:52 PM »

Okay, folks, after seeing J-Mann's review and thinking about it for a few minutes, I have decided NOT to go in tomorrow.  I am going to refocus on the CAD search.  I just e-mailed him and told him that I would not be coming in.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #1884 on: February 11, 2015, 04:21:39 PM »

King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1885 on: February 11, 2015, 04:29:17 PM »

Maranatha!

Can we all see this job ad now? Or will that be saved for the BluRay Special Features?
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1886 on: February 11, 2015, 04:32:57 PM »

While that one job was a scam, the idea of getting a job you're not crazy about, even if just for a little while, is totally sound. Go get an easy job to pay some bills while you keep looking for your dream job.
Türkisblau
H_Wallace
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #1887 on: February 11, 2015, 04:35:23 PM »

God. How have I not been reading Update all this time?
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1888 on: February 11, 2015, 04:42:16 PM »

Bushie,

Glad to see you came to your senses. All I can say is good thing I only had two minutes to respond before because I was about to completely go off, J-Mann touched on it in a manner a bit nicer that I was going to, but have a feq questions for you.

1.  What made you think that this job was a $30,000 base salary??

2.  If this was a draw vs commission set up (which is actually the system I work under).  Do you know the requirements to get the draw?  Does the draw come automatically?  Do you need to reach certain goals before a draw kicks in?

3.  Any sales position it will take sometime to get going (even for those who are successful).  How are you paid in the interim?  Do you get some type of training pay?  Does the draw kick in from the start that you then have to pay back through deals?  Do you not get paid until you close a deal (which is what the reviews seemed like?)

4.  What was the commission structure?  What type of % do you get paid?

As J-Mann pointed out sales is not in your skill set, so its not something you should even consider.  However, putting that aside, even if sales was a position you could do well in, the fact you would accept a position without knowing any of the above (which you clearly didn't) is beyond mind boggling.  

The fact you would accept any job (regardless if its sales or not) without having even the faintest of idea of how the pay structure works I just can't even begin to grasp.  Do you EVER ask any questions at these things?  Seriously..
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1889 on: February 11, 2015, 04:45:45 PM »

Smash, the interviewer mentioned $30,000 base salary for those wanting to get in the management track, which I was, so that's where the $30K came from.  The Sales Rep position itself is all commission.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1890 on: February 11, 2015, 04:47:52 PM »

Smash, the interviewer mentioned $30,000 base salary for those wanting to get in the management track, which I was, so that's where the $30K came from.  The Sales Rep position itself is all commission.

No, this was a job "to give you some income while you look for CAD." You were not looking to get into the management track.

Once again we come back to the issue of pride. No profitable Uber jobs for Bushie. He's gonna be in management!!
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1891 on: February 11, 2015, 04:48:46 PM »

Smash, the interviewer mentioned $30,000 base salary for those wanting to get in the management track, which I was, so that's where the $30K came from.  The Sales Rep position itself is all commission.

Yes, and do you just get that Management position?? or do you need to perform in the sales rep position first before being promoted to the Management position??
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1892 on: February 11, 2015, 04:54:06 PM »

Smash, the interviewer mentioned $30,000 base salary for those wanting to get in the management track, which I was, so that's where the $30K came from.  The Sales Rep position itself is all commission.

Yes, and do you just get that Management position?? or do you need to perform in the sales rep position first before being promoted to the Management position??

The credit card machine ending up being an apt metaphor use by the writers. Bushie was clearly banking on using his white privilege charge card to ascend above the Negro worker ants and into management without work, but he doesn't realize it's all maxed out and nobody will swipe it.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1893 on: February 11, 2015, 04:55:32 PM »

The credit card machine ending up being an apt metaphor use by the writers. Bushie was clearly banking on using his white privilege charge card to ascend above the Negro worker ants and into management without work, but he doesn't realize it's all maxed out and nobody will swipe it.

Now, now there's no need to go onto a racist anecdote here.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1894 on: February 11, 2015, 04:56:05 PM »

I would have to start out in the sales position for a bit.
Negusa Nagast 🚀
Nagas
United States

« Reply #1895 on: February 11, 2015, 04:57:58 PM »

Bushie, will you now begin applying to Uber, Pizza drivers, and Walmart (jobs that you could actually hold down and may even enjoy)?
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1896 on: February 11, 2015, 04:58:31 PM »

I've had many bosses at point in my life. Mostly proficient people, though nobody is ever perfect. A couple of people who have needed major improvement, which is a very frustrating thing. But the idea of somebody reporting to Bushie? Can't even fathom it. The company would immediately spontaneously combust, and Bushie would no longer be in charge. It'd be like one of those radioactive isotopes whose half life is so inconceivably short that you may as well pretend it can't ever exist at all.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1897 on: February 11, 2015, 05:02:25 PM »

Bushie, will you now begin applying to Uber, Pizza drivers, and Walmart (jobs that you could actually hold down and may even enjoy)?

I don't like the idea of having to use my car and my gas for a job except getting to and from, so that takes out the first two.  I've applied to Walmart two or three times before and I've never gotten a call back.
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1898 on: February 11, 2015, 05:05:55 PM »

So basically you had an opportunity to get a Management position with a $30,000 base salary (which for all you know could actually be a draw), but in order to get that position you first had to succeed at a full commission sales job?  Is there a reason why you left that VERY IMPORTANT piece of information out initially?

Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1899 on: February 11, 2015, 05:07:54 PM »

So basically you had an opportunity to get a Management position with a $30,000 base salary (which for all you know could actually be a draw), but in order to get that position you first had to succeed at a full commission sales job?  Is there a reason why you left that VERY IMPORTANT piece of information out initially?

I was trying to get myself to believe I could do it.  I also didn't think it would take a long time to get there.  Either way, I goofed.  Now, drop the subject, please.
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 73 74 75 [76] 77 78  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies