Update XX: A Darn Good Judge of My Financial Situation
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 09:23:03 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update XX: A Darn Good Judge of My Financial Situation
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 72 73 74 75 76 [77] 78
Poll
Question: Will Bushie break 300 pounds before the end of February?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 63

Author Topic: Update XX: A Darn Good Judge of My Financial Situation  (Read 208230 times)
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1900 on: February 11, 2015, 05:09:45 PM »

Smash, the interviewer mentioned $30,000 base salary for those wanting to get in the management track, which I was, so that's where the $30K came from.  The Sales Rep position itself is all commission.

Yes, and do you just get that Management position?? or do you need to perform in the sales rep position first before being promoted to the Management position??

I would have to start out in the sales position for a bit.

So basically you had an opportunity to get a Management position with a $30,000 base salary (which for all you know could actually be a draw), but in order to get that position you first had to succeed at a full commission sales job?  Is there a reason why you left that VERY IMPORTANT piece of information out initially?

Wow. LOL.

But Bushie actually listened to advice and made the right decision. This is truly an Update milestone. I'm curious about the ad now too, link?
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1901 on: February 11, 2015, 05:10:29 PM »

Smash, the interviewer mentioned $30,000 base salary for those wanting to get in the management track, which I was, so that's where the $30K came from.  The Sales Rep position itself is all commission.

Yes, and do you just get that Management position?? or do you need to perform in the sales rep position first before being promoted to the Management position??

The credit card machine ending up being an apt metaphor use by the writers. Bushie was clearly banking on using his white privilege charge card to ascend above the Negro worker ants and into management without work, but he doesn't realize it's all maxed out and nobody will swipe it.

Now, now there's no need to go onto a racist anecdote here.

What do you think the word 'anecdote' means?
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1902 on: February 11, 2015, 05:14:07 PM »

Bushie, will you now begin applying to Uber, Pizza drivers, and Walmart (jobs that you could actually hold down and may even enjoy)?

I don't like the idea of having to use my car and my gas for a job except getting to and from, so that takes out the first two.  I've applied to Walmart two or three times before and I've never gotten a call back.

The gas is included in your fare, Bushie.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #1903 on: February 11, 2015, 05:15:17 PM »

Once again, Bushie lied to us.  Surprise surprise.
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1904 on: February 11, 2015, 05:23:15 PM »

So basically you had an opportunity to get a Management position with a $30,000 base salary (which for all you know could actually be a draw), but in order to get that position you first had to succeed at a full commission sales job?  Is there a reason why you left that VERY IMPORTANT piece of information out initially?

I was trying to get myself to believe I could do it.  I also didn't think it would take a long time to get there.  Either way, I goofed.  Now, drop the subject, please.

Bushie, with all do respect most of us on here really are trying to help you out.  While I'm glad you are actually taking our advice, you need to start being more honest.  

The I left it off because I thought I could do it, or I goofed simply isn't a good excuse.  If you actually want our advice, and want our help you can't leave things like that out.  I know you asked me to drop it, but this isn't the first time we have been down this road, which is why its a bit frustrating.  In some cases I don't know if its you simply don't want to be honest with us, or if you simply aren't being honest with yourself.

Either way if your situation is going to change, that needs to change and anytime someone brings up something that is difficult the drop the subject line, or the disappearing, taking your ball and going home or whatever simply doesn't work.  It doesn't help.
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #1905 on: February 11, 2015, 05:43:49 PM »

can someone post the job ad for this great opportunity?
Attorney General, LGC Speaker, and Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #1906 on: February 11, 2015, 05:50:45 PM »

Well, that ended pretty quickly. If you ask me Bushie was seriously considering staying at this job forever, despite his posts saying the opposite, given he wanted to rise through the ranks and be in charge of people.

Guesses on how long it will take for him to get a CAD(D) job?
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1907 on: February 11, 2015, 05:57:28 PM »

You're supposing that the promise of the management track was real. This was a people mill; there is no way the recruiter was telling the truth when he said there were only two openings. He was probably lying about a dozen other things as well, and management training is a common draw for these sorts of scams to hook people in.
Negusa Nagast 🚀
Nagas
United States

« Reply #1908 on: February 11, 2015, 06:02:19 PM »

Bushie, will you now begin applying to Uber, Pizza drivers, and Walmart (jobs that you could actually hold down and may even enjoy)?

I don't like the idea of having to use my car and my gas for a job except getting to and from, so that takes out the first two.  I've applied to Walmart two or three times before and I've never gotten a call back.

King is correct that gas is included in the fare. Also, a lot of pizza franchises typically pay you a fixed amount per delivery. My friends working delivery almost always had the gas used for a delivery covered by that fee, so they made money (on top of the base min wage) simply by driving around. And then there were tips.
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #1909 on: February 11, 2015, 06:05:32 PM »

bushie, go to snag-a-job, you could be working within a few days.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #1910 on: February 11, 2015, 06:07:13 PM »

I make sure I have plenty of Fritos and shredded cheese to cool the chili down.

I didn't bother looking through everything, but have we thoroughly had laughs about this yet?
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1911 on: February 11, 2015, 06:12:18 PM »

I don't like the idea of having to use my car and my gas for a job except getting to and from, so that takes out the first two.

I thought pizza delivery people drove cars owned by the restaurant?  Do they actually all drive their own cars?
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #1912 on: February 11, 2015, 06:16:44 PM »

I don't like the idea of having to use my car and my gas for a job except getting to and from, so that takes out the first two.

What about all of those times you drive like three times to a prospective employer's location just to be sure you know how to get there?
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1913 on: February 11, 2015, 06:22:31 PM »

I thought pizza delivery people drove cars owned by the restaurant?  Do they actually all drive their own cars?

I have no idea how the Aussies do it, but American pizza people drive their own cars. But the company pays you a flat rate per delivery that (so long as you don't drive a giant pickup or SUV and Bushie already has a gas sipping Japanese vehicle, the perfect pizza car) more than covers gas and wear and tear. And because it's not income, but "mileage reimbursement", it's tax free money on top of the tips (which everybody also underreports to the IRS). And you'll get an hourly wage too. As far as pay goes, pizza delivery is a lot like waiting tables at a cheap restaurant like a Chili's or a Friday's except that you're not busting your Inks trying to remember 10 people's food order all at the same time. You just driving around in your own car, make the transaction, and go. So simple! And much more lucrative than working at BigBoxMart.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1914 on: February 11, 2015, 06:39:48 PM »
« Edited: February 11, 2015, 08:35:48 PM by Lief »

Yeah, but the problem is that Bushie can't put on his good work clothes and pretend to be a high-achieving white collar middle class upstanding American when he delivers pizza. That's clearly all that matters to him, as the scam recruiter very quickly intuited by spinning this "management track" yarn.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1915 on: February 11, 2015, 06:54:02 PM »

Well, if he doesn't want to do Uber or pizza delivery, what about the post office idea that was floated here some time ago?  I forget if there was some fatal issue with that one.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1916 on: February 11, 2015, 06:56:51 PM »

In any case, I don't really understand what the problem is with using his own car.

Bushie, you admitted that you're bad at sales, but took a sales job because "I need income".  So why can't you also overlook the fact that you don't want to use your own car because "I need income"?

If you find that this puts too much wear and tear on your car, you can always quit and do something else.  It's not like a stopgap job between now and some future CADD offer is expected to be some kind of lifetime commitment.
Türkisblau
H_Wallace
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #1917 on: February 11, 2015, 07:01:38 PM »

My brother worked pizza delivery for a couple years. His car already had plenty of miles and they paid for his gas (or a large fraction of the cost). I haven't been around to see all the jobs you've had, but I'm sure that you would be in a very good financial situation right now if you had been delivering pizza all this time.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1918 on: February 11, 2015, 07:12:56 PM »

Well, if he doesn't want to do Uber or pizza delivery, what about the post office idea that was floated here some time ago?  I forget if there was some fatal issue with that one.

The fatal issue is that he ended up getting scammed when he tried to apply to work at the post office.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #1919 on: February 11, 2015, 07:32:33 PM »

You'll be happy to hear (I think) that I just applied to work at Macy's Department Store at either one of the Tulsa shopping malls.
Panda Express

« Reply #1920 on: February 11, 2015, 07:41:59 PM »

You should shoot a text to Allison for Valentine's Day
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1921 on: February 11, 2015, 08:21:47 PM »

Yeah, but the problem is that Bushie can't put on his good work clothes and pretend to be a high-achieving white collar middle class upstanding American when he delivers gas. That's clearly all that matters to him, as the scam recruiter very quickly intuited by spinning this "management track" yarn.

I'm glad someone else recognizes this.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1922 on: February 11, 2015, 08:29:30 PM »
« Edited: February 11, 2015, 08:31:07 PM by Monarch »

Yeah, but the problem is that Bushie can't put on his good work clothes and pretend to be a high-achieving white collar middle class upstanding American when he delivers gas. That's clearly all that matters to him, as the scam recruiter very quickly intuited by spinning this "management track" yarn.

I'm glad someone else recognizes this.

It's pretty obvious now, especially with his admission he said he wanted "management track" with this stupid job that he was claiming was just for some income in between jobs.

He wants to be CEO Bushie, despite the fact that he can't manage a dog, decided to be too lazy to get his MBA and went for CAD(D) certificate instead, and hasn't the faintest interest in working up to become CEO Bushie.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #1923 on: February 11, 2015, 08:47:00 PM »

I know I messed up when I said what I did about the management track aspiration and such.  This is why I spent an hour earlier this evening applying for a retail job.  I'm going to do more in the morning while I continue to look for a CAD job.  Speaking of which, I may be getting close to another CAD interview.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #1924 on: February 11, 2015, 08:48:03 PM »

Here's some classic advice and you'd do well to follow it. If something looks to good to be true, then it probably is.
Pages: 1 ... 72 73 74 75 76 [77] 78  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies