Update XX: A Darn Good Judge of My Financial Situation (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 03:59:29 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update XX: A Darn Good Judge of My Financial Situation (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Will Bushie break 300 pounds before the end of February?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 63

Author Topic: Update XX: A Darn Good Judge of My Financial Situation  (Read 208334 times)
TTS1996
Rookie
Australia
« on: January 25, 2015, 01:38:19 PM »

Bushie what did you originally want to major in before you got sucked into e-commerce?

As a child, I wanted to major in meteorology at the University of Oklahoma.  Unfortunately, though, I did not have the proper ACT score to get into OU, so I had to go to a regional university.

You could have transferred to ou.

I probably could have, but I was having so much fun at Northwestern and I felt comfortable in the small town of Alva.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Strenuous_Life
TTS1996
Rookie
Australia
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2015, 02:34:02 PM »

Bushie what did you originally want to major in before you got sucked into e-commerce?

As a child, I wanted to major in meteorology at the University of Oklahoma.  Unfortunately, though, I did not have the proper ACT score to get into OU, so I had to go to a regional university.

You could have transferred to ou.

I probably could have, but I was having so much fun at Northwestern and I felt comfortable in the small town of Alva.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Strenuous_Life
There's nothing quite like an aristocrat preaching the virtues of hard work.

As this challenge to take up a strenuous life comes from a discredited effete snobbish nabob of plutocracy, from a political dynasty with a Hyde Park upbringing, it is now UTTERLY FINE for a fat slob to say he
Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.
and
Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.
at Backwoods University AND NO ONE CAN QUESTION THAT ESPECIALLY NOT TEDDY ROOSEVELT.

Anyone who says otherwise may be forgiven if they admit they just don’t understand the Brown family.
TTS1996
Rookie
Australia
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2015, 06:34:05 PM »

This will sound like a broken record and probably will not be believed, which I can't blame, but I am going to try to eat better and start cooking for myself when I get up to Tulsa this weekend.  I'm going to start with the dishes I know, such as scrambled eggs, macaroni and cheese (stove top kind), and spaghetti and then branch out into other dishes as time goes on.  I'm not going to set any kind of elaborate goal just yet, I want to get started first before I set my sights on loftier goals.

You wrote this a week ago.  Have you started doing this yet?

Not to this degree.  I bought the groceries, but I have yet to fix any of it.  I've already had my supper for tonight, but I hope to get started soon.
So the good wholesome food (it's all relative) is going to sit in the refrigerator going off before you get the chance to do anything with it. Then you'll have to throw it away and get McDonalds again.

THIS IS NOT YOUR FAULT. No one told you food can go off in a refrigerator; the American Dream is a white picket fence, a white refrigerator, white eggs in the white refrigerator, fresh salad covered in white salad dressing, the fridge being a magic freshness device; mould doesn't come into it. Just get a double Braum-burger and triple fries to make up for the manky slop oozing down the side of your fridge and eating into your soul.
TTS1996
Rookie
Australia
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2015, 07:08:58 PM »

No, that's not why you didn't get any exercise. You just don't want to exercise. When you can admit that, you'll be on the first step to actually solving the problem of why you don't exercise.

You're right, to be honest it really didn't cross my mind for more than a brief second or two.

Why not? What's stopping you from walking every day? What's stopping you right now from stepping outside your door, walking in one direction for 15 minutes and turning around walking back for 15 minutes?
No, that's not why you didn't get any exercise. You just don't want to exercise. When you can admit that, you'll be on the first step to actually solving the problem of why you don't exercise.

You're right, to be honest it really didn't cross my mind for more than a brief second or two.

Why not? What's stopping you from walking every day? What's stopping you right now from stepping outside your door, walking in one direction for 15 minutes and turning around walking back for 15 minutes?
In defence of him - the 21st Century is stopping him. I've been out of work, put in job applications, got bored of 8 hours in front of jobsites. Rather than go and do a 3 hours walk (which I still had daylight for) I've stayed at home, stayed on the computer which was already fired up, and looked up interesting electoral facts on the internet which, after all, isn't this site for? I owe the fact I know who Tippecanoe and Tyler too are to such bumming about. When I'm 600 lb and in a home and boring the residents with arcane 200 year old foreign political trivia, I will thank this site for its gifts.

A half hour walk without any interesting electoral facts being dripped before my eyes was not appealing enough to tear me away. If this was 100 years earlier, I would of course have taken up the 3 hours walk out of boredom.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies