Update XX: A Darn Good Judge of My Financial Situation (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 04:13:38 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update XX: A Darn Good Judge of My Financial Situation (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Will Bushie break 300 pounds before the end of February?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 63

Author Topic: Update XX: A Darn Good Judge of My Financial Situation  (Read 209639 times)
Attorney General, Senator-Elect, & Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« on: February 06, 2015, 08:15:54 PM »

2, 3, 4, and 5 are good. 1 is still too vague. What are you going to eat at home?

Where you eat something is not what makes something unhealthy. I'm pretty sure I can eat healthier going to McDonalds every day than you could eating at home. You have to make healthier choices. You need to eat vegetables. Every day. Even if they are slopped in butter and cheese.

I'll incorporate more vegetables and lean meats.  I may have an occasional frozen burrito or two, but I'm going to try to work in more vegetables, lean meats, and fresh fruit.

See, you aren't serious. You're already looking for ways to renege on your goals. Your goals need to be

1. I'll eat more vegetables. (Period)
2. I'll drink more water. (Period)
3. I'll walk 20 minutes a day. (Period)

No, "I may occasionally blah blah blah"

You cannot say I am not serious by anything I said.  Everybody should have a cheat meal every now and then.
Perhaps once you actually lose some weight. No cheating until you've lost 10 pounds, ok?
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2015, 09:00:37 PM »

Bushie needs 3 hr/daily of exercise
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2015, 11:36:34 PM »

I could be accused of having a cheat day on the first day of the diet, but then I would answer by saying the diet hasn't officially started.  In one of my posts from yesterday, I said the weeks run from Sunday through Saturday.  So, I am going to start the diet at midnight Sunday morning, the beginning of the week.  I will still eat light tomorrow on account of the lingering nausea, but I'm not going to officially start the diet until Sunday morning.  I will go to Walmart tomorrow, after I do my laundry, mainly for some fruits, vegetables, and meat.  I am also going to get a Brita water pitcher and some hamburger meat (ground beef) so I can fix the spaghetti Monday night.  Until then, I will be thinking of what I want for Tuesday's dinner.  I will eat in again that night and I will get the stuff to fix it tomorrow evening.  The only quasi-junk food I am going to pick up will be a case of Diet Dr. Pepper.  I am going to steer clear of the cracker and cookie isle.  I will have some water tomorrow, like I promised earlier this evening and I will start walking tomorrow while I do my laundry.  I see no reason why I can't put in at least a half mile, if not close to one mile.  I won't officially begin the diet until Sunday morning, but I'm going to start a few things tomorrow.  It's supposed to be 75 degrees outside and partly cloudy to mostly sunny skies, an early taste of Spring, so I have no excuse not to walk.
good boy. Now remember, you can't cheat at all from Sunday on. Except for MAYBE one 'junk meal' every time you reach a multiple of 10 pounds lost from whatever you weigh at 11:59 pm Saturday.
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2015, 02:14:46 AM »

It is midnight Saturday morning.  I have exactly 24 hours and ticking until my diet officially begins.

You keep saying "I will," over and over, just as you have for literally years. You can't and wont, Jeff. And even if you make some half-hearted attempt for a few days, you'll give up. It's not in your makeup to be successful. You're already making excuses, since you realize you have the body of a [morbidly obese] 80-year-old but are holding off on starting to make change until some arbitrary date hits.

Focus your energy on something you may actually be able to do: find a job and pray that it has health insurance that's worth a [Braums].
Let's give bushie a chance. He's committed to starting his diet 23 hours from now, let's not assume he will just automatically break that commitment. Sure, I get that his past track record is a disaster. But perhaps this time he's actually caring.
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2015, 03:05:31 PM »

I just had about 15 baby carrots and a bottle of water for a snack.  Quite tasty.  I will get out and walk in another 30-45 minutes after the Thunder game.
Good. 2 miles minimum, ok?
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2015, 05:25:13 PM »

Bushie, if you cannot handle >15 minutes of walking, then I honestly wonder how you even get by in life. With all due respect, I don't exercise a lot, and I can walk a good two miles before I get anything like tired legs, or chest pains, or whatever(granted, my eating habits are a lot healthier than yours, but still). If you find yourself sweating, don't stop right then and there. Sweating /=/ total exhaustion.

Look, and I'm being brutally honest here, if you cannot handle even 20 or 30 minutes of walking, then either you're lazy and just making excuses in hopes of appeasing us, or you're terribly lacking in basic human abilities. If you sweat, fine. If you need an extra shower, fine. Both of those are good signs the workout is helping you, not a sign you need to collapse on the couch for the next 3 hours.

And also, don't put fritos in your chili when you make it. I'm sure most of us would agree that that is pure cheating that you should avoid at all costs.
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2015, 05:57:29 PM »

Didn't Bushie have a pedometer at some point? As I recall, he tried to see if it would count his driving in his car, but it did not.

He had an app that judges distance that he drove really slowly to cheat.

Wow....lololololololololol
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2015, 09:02:49 PM »

In other news, but the job search is already underway for the week.  I've already put in one application about 30 minutes ago and I've got a place I'm going to call in the morning.
Well, I suppose it's a start...

All things considered, I'll give Bushie a C for his first day. My 85 year old grandpa - complete with two fake knees - could exercise better than him. But so far, his eating appears to be okay.
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2015, 06:06:32 PM »

Since he did not post what he ate today I will assume it's RIP diet.

I was just about to post what I had.  I had a bowl of cereal this morning for breakfast, just water for lunch, and a bacon and tomato sandwich for supper.  I had 4 glasses of water today (34 oz. total).  I will get out and walk at 1730 before this evening's basketball games come on.
Good boy Bushie!

Now you just need to put in a walking distance that actually means sonething.
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2015, 07:31:03 PM »

I was able to bump it from 15 to 20 minutes tonight and put in 0.8 miles.

The calculator shows you burned 150 calories.  You need to do more. 

http://www.shapesense.com/fitness-exercise/calculators/walking-calorie-burn-calculator.aspx
Not to mention the distance is still significantly below average human abilities.

To Kushahontas: It would be a little better if he had a small lunch as opposed to no lunch at all. But no lunch is better than an unhealthy one, so it's something.
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2015, 04:38:12 PM »

Well, so much for all the people who voted "one day" or "less than one day" in the "how long until bushie cheats" thread.
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2015, 07:30:22 PM »

Guys, just be glad he's finding full-time work. If anything, him not liking this job will motivate him as he continues to search for other jobs.
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2015, 08:11:06 PM »

I know I said I would turn down the sales job from this morning, but I did not.  Here's why.  There is no end in sight to the CAD job search.  I need income.  I need a filler job until I find a CAD job.

http://www.snagajob.com/job-search/w-tulsa,+ok/q-retail

You're going to make literally $0 at this sales job.
1. The job has a base salary

2. Don't tell Bushie that he's completely hopeless, that's not going to help him. By all means criticize him and tell him how he can improve, but telling them that he's going to fail no matter what isn't helpful.
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2015, 08:35:00 PM »

Seriously, Bushie.  Is it about getting dressed up to go to work?  Is it pride?  Do you think you're above the service industry?

I don't see how someone could see themselves above the service industry and yet sign on to do sales in the year 2015. The salesman is a scumbag job.

Do I have to post the Leave It To Beaver pic again?  It's not about what actually is and is not scummy or low class.  Bushie wants to dress up and go to the office like the black-and-white 1955 idealistic Ameriscape that he wants his life to be... practicality and pragmatism be damned.
lolololol
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2015, 05:50:45 PM »

Well, that ended pretty quickly. If you ask me Bushie was seriously considering staying at this job forever, despite his posts saying the opposite, given he wanted to rise through the ranks and be in charge of people.

Guesses on how long it will take for him to get a CAD(D) job?
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2015, 09:31:38 PM »

I wish you would avoid burgers (one of the worst things to eat while on a diet) completely, but you're clearly not going to listen to that advice.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies