Update XX: A Darn Good Judge of My Financial Situation (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 03:17:39 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update XX: A Darn Good Judge of My Financial Situation (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2
Poll
Question: Will Bushie break 300 pounds before the end of February?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 63

Author Topic: Update XX: A Darn Good Judge of My Financial Situation  (Read 208509 times)
Panda Express

« on: January 14, 2015, 07:44:38 PM »

So, we're on the 20th season of this thing and BusOklahoma is single, unemployed and incredibly overwieght.... just like it was at the beginning. How depressing. No progress has been made.
Panda Express

« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2015, 08:23:53 PM »

BushOklahoma, who is your favorite philosopher?
Panda Express

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2015, 08:32:48 AM »

Ok BushOklahoma, time to introduce some new characters. I was hoping your "gang of nine" you worked with could have been fleshed out a bit but no, you had to go and get your corpulent ass canned.

Panda Express

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2015, 08:27:37 PM »

Let's see this couch. Post a picture of it.
Panda Express

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2015, 11:29:29 PM »

Jesus, Jeff ... isn't this just horribly depressing to say? Don't you want to do something about it!?

It's definitely not a pleasant thing to say.  I am trying to do something about it.  I just don't know how to gain those qualities.  You can't just go to Walmart and pick them up on sale.  They take time to acquire and develop.  What would you suggest I do to develop those qualities?

You actually can go to Wal-Mart and pick them up on sale, by starting out as an Associate and working your way up through Wal-Mart management.

You want a great job handed to you and you work that way when you have a job.

Again, I NEVER said that.

Your actions say it. You worth yourself >$15/hr starting for no reason. You left another job in the past because you weren't getting frequent enough raises for no reason. You chased after scam jobs that promised big payouts for no reason.

You want a head start on everybody else.

I'm worth $15-$20 an hour,

No you're not.
Panda Express

« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2015, 11:57:14 PM »

How is your non-deadbeat brother doing? He lives in New York, right? What does he do again?
Panda Express

« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2015, 06:50:53 PM »

I think BushOklahoma is bitter because most Americans have been able to get employed thanks to Barack Obama except for him. BushOklahoma likes higher unemployment because it doesn't make him seem so sorry.

Panda Express

« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2015, 08:45:40 PM »

You'd think somebody has to drive 30 miles each way to do anything would appreciate low gas prices. But, I guess as far as Bushie is concerned, it's $0/gallon no matter what.

I would prefer $3.00 a gallon.  The low, low prices are killing oil field jobs in Oklahoma.  I have several friends who work in the oil field and they have reported massive layoffs due to the low oil prices.  Oil should be around $80 a barrel as a general rule according to some of my oil field worker friends.

Why should all of us in non-oil field jobs pay an extra $1.25 a gallon — a good $15 or $20 per week — to subsidize your couple of friends who work in the oil industry? Far more Americans benefit from lower oil prices than higher ones. Businesses too.

Why should Oklahoma's economy as a whole suffer just because the rest of the country doesn't want to spend an extra dollar a gallon (which is really not that much in the grand scheme of things)?

It is "that much." This has been like a tax cut for the middle class. Instead of spending $70 every time I fill up my tank, I'm spending $35. On my other car, it's $25 instead of $40. That's an extra $1,200 a year under normal conditions. Spend it or save it, this will have economically a wider a more-substantive impact than if a few oil businesses had slightly higher profits.

So, nobody cares about Oklahoma's economy or their workers?

The vast majority of people in Oklahoma aren't working the oil fields and therefore benefit tremendously from lower gas prices. Don't be an idiot.
Panda Express

« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2015, 10:04:18 PM »

You never answered the question - should a bakery be allowed to refuse to make a wedding cake for black people?
Panda Express

« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2015, 06:43:39 PM »

So, I basically just got lied to.  I called this recruiter at 1130 and she told me to fill out an application online and then come in after lunch and speak with a recruiter.  I filled out the application, but when I got to the office I was told they don't see walk-ins and that someone would get back to me.  On top of that, no one remembered talking to me over the phone even though only 2 hours had elapsed, so they made me look like a liar.

Maybe they took one look at you and decided to not even bother? Did you have fried chicken grease stains on your shirt?
Panda Express

« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2015, 08:08:23 PM »

Stop drinking coke all the damn time good lord.

You need to slowly ween yourself off of soda. Drinking all that coke makes you dehydrated which gives you headache. It also rots your teeth and it also makes you a fatty.

Why don't you do this - only drink soda on the weekends. During the week, you are BANNED from drinking soda. Do you understand me? You will not have a SIP of Pepsi or Coke or Diet Dr Pepper or anything of that sort. However, once the weekends rolls around, you can do whatever you want.

I actually did that during college when I decided to start eating healthier. I only drank water during the week. No soda. After like 2 months, I didn't even drink soda on the weekend. That holds true to this very day. I haven't had a soda in months.
Panda Express

« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2015, 08:38:25 PM »

You need to slowly ween yourself off of soda. Drinking all that coke makes you dehydrated which gives you headache. It also rots your teeth and it also makes you a fatty.

Why don't you do this - only drink soda on the weekends. During the week, you are BANNED from drinking soda. Do you understand me? You will not have a SIP of Pepsi or Coke or Diet Dr Pepper or anything of that sort. However, once the weekends rolls around, you can do whatever you want.

I actually did that during college when I decided to start eating healthier. I only drank water during the week. No soda. After like 2 months, I didn't even drink soda on the weekend. That holds true to this very day. I haven't had a soda in months.

I definitely need to drink more water, there's no doubt about it.  I'm not sure about cutting out the pop entirely during the week, at least not at this stage, but I do need to cut down on the pop consumption and increase my water intake.

First off, it's "soda", not "pop". If you say "pop", you are automatically a moron. No exceptions.

Second, it's not "drink more water", it's "drink water instead of soda". Drinking water won't do anything if you're drinking all that soda. It may seem difficult at first but it does get easier to cut out soda.

How about NO SODA on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday to start. ONLY water. That's just 3 days. Can you manage that?
Panda Express

« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2015, 09:00:25 PM »

I definitely need to drink more water, there's no doubt about it.  I'm not sure about cutting out the pop entirely during the week, at least not at this stage, but I do need to cut down on the pop consumption and increase my water intake.

First off, it's "soda", not "pop". If you say "pop", you are automatically a moron. No exceptions.

Second, it's not "drink more water", it's "drink water instead of soda". Drinking water won't do anything if you're drinking all that soda. It may seem difficult at first but it does get easier to cut out soda.

How about NO SODA on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday to start. ONLY water. That's just 3 days. Can you manage that?

We call it pop in Oklahoma and as all of America can agree, Oklahomans are not morons.

I will do what I need to increase my water intake.  I'm not going to commit to a schedule, but I will start drinking more water.

So you're not serious about losing weight and therefore not serious about finding a job. I already knew this, but I figured I'd try to work with you and let you do something simple like swapping soda for water a few days a week. But you won't even commit to that. You'll never lose weight if you keep drinking soda instead of water and nobody wants to hire a 300 pound oaf.

Just so you know, if you violate at least 3 of the 7 Deadly Sins in such an extreme way, you do go to hell regardless of how many Hail Marys you say. You're already guilty of severely violating Gluttony, Sloth and Unemployment.
Panda Express

« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2015, 09:18:05 PM »

Wow, Panda.  You are completely off track.  I'm not dumb enough to believe that last paragraph.  I'm going to heaven not because of anything I've done or not done, but it has everything to do with Jesus.  There is no sin whatsoever that can keep me out of heaven now that I've accepted His free gift of salvation.  I do not have to earn my way to heaven.  Yet, because of Jesus, I am guaranteed to go to heaven.  Nothing can ever change that, period.

oh

what if you got mad at the Braum's cashier for forgetting the pickles on your burger and murdered her in a fit of rage?
Panda Express

« Reply #14 on: January 27, 2015, 10:41:45 PM »

I did not say drinking water is a 180.  I meant doing what Panda suggests is a 18 and unnecessary.  Water is absolutely essential and I will drink more water.  I just will not completely give up my Diet Dr Pepper for 3 or 5 days a week.  I will reduce it, but not give it up entirely.

Unnecessary? You're like 350 pounds and you're at the point where employers don't even want to give you a courtesy interview. They just want you to get the hell out of their office before you cause the floor to collapse.

How about 2 days a week? No soda on Mondays and Tuesdays. Can you do that?
Panda Express

« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2015, 07:03:31 PM »

Since I have to be up relatively early tomorrow (0700), I am only going to watch one NBA game tonight - Nuggets vs. Grizzlies on TNT from 1900-2130.  After the game, I will watch the news until 2230, then read my Bible and get myself mentally prepared for the interview from 2230-2315 and then go to bed by 2330.  My alarm is set for 0700 tomorrow and I'll leave at 0830-0835 so I can get to the interview about 10 minutes before they want me there.  The interview starts at 0930 and she wants me there by 0915, so I'll plan to be there by 0900-0905 so I can have some time to collect my thoughts.  I will be in the interview about an hour, so I expect to be home shortly after 1100 tomorrow morning.

Basketball too? What sports don't you watch?
Panda Express

« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2015, 05:15:19 PM »

BushOklahoma, how many seats do you take up on the plane when you fly to Kenya?
Panda Express

« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2015, 07:54:40 PM »

Right now, I only take up one seat with a normal seat belt.  I definitely need to watch it, though, before that changes.  The thing with my weight is it's all gone to my stomach and not my sides.  So, looking at me from straight back of me, I look almost normal, but looking at me from the side and it looks like I'm 9-months pregnant...

What do you do to entertain yourself when you're on the long flight?
Panda Express

« Reply #18 on: February 02, 2015, 08:01:41 PM »

Right now, I only take up one seat with a normal seat belt.  I definitely need to watch it, though, before that changes.  The thing with my weight is it's all gone to my stomach and not my sides.  So, looking at me from straight back of me, I look almost normal, but looking at me from the side and it looks like I'm 9-months pregnant...

What do you do to entertain yourself when you're on the long flight?

Usually listen to the music that the plane offers, watch the map, or daydream.

How many hours do you spend watching the map on the plane?
Panda Express

« Reply #19 on: February 02, 2015, 08:19:26 PM »

There's nothing else to do on a plane anyway. I'm going to Arizona in a few weeks and American Airlines is making me change planes in Charlotte. There's going to be a lot of map time...

On an international flight, like the one BushOklahoma takes to Nairobi, there is plenty to do on the plane. That's excluding any books/magazines/game boys you bring with you.

Also, generally you don't get your own TV on domestic flights within the USA so you won't have any map time.

I don't get how you can spend hours looking at the map. It's exactly the same map the entire flight, the only thing that changes is the little airplane icon (moving at a snail's pace) indicating where you are. I mean, I'll check it periodically but spending hours looking at it is just crazy.
Panda Express

« Reply #20 on: February 04, 2015, 09:18:46 PM »

BushOklahoma, do you believe people came from Adam and Eve and that Adam created Eve by ripping out his collarbone (or whatever bone was used)?
Panda Express

« Reply #21 on: February 04, 2015, 09:30:29 PM »

I am not answering anymore creation-related questions.

What about Noah's Ark? Do you believe that happened?
Panda Express

« Reply #22 on: February 05, 2015, 11:58:25 PM »

I did some calculation and on Tuesday, I only had about 600 calories (1 3/4 hot dogs with just mustard was only 480 calories according to the nutrition labels on the packages.  On Wednesday, I had about 1,400 calories with 400 of that being the crackers and cheese and the rest being the Sprite.  Today, I had about 1,900 calories with 1,100 of that being from McDonald's and the rest being Sprite and 1 can of Mountain Dew.  Both Wednesday and today I have had a lot of BMs.  I had about 6 BMs yesterday and 3 so far today.

wow, you're going all out with the math today.
Panda Express

« Reply #23 on: February 06, 2015, 12:00:26 AM »

Since I'm assuming you have a cheap Wal-Mart scale, you do realize you can step on the scale and it could say 200 pounds but if you step off and immediately step on it again, it could say 202 pounds. It's not completely precise 100% of the time, especially for higher weights
Panda Express

« Reply #24 on: February 06, 2015, 12:25:03 AM »

I did some calculation and on Tuesday, I only had about 600 calories (1 3/4 hot dogs with just mustard was only 480 calories according to the nutrition labels on the packages.  On Wednesday, I had about 1,400 calories with 400 of that being the crackers and cheese and the rest being the Sprite.  Today, I had about 1,900 calories with 1,100 of that being from McDonald's and the rest being Sprite and 1 can of Mountain Dew.  Both Wednesday and today I have had a lot of BMs.  I had about 6 BMs yesterday and 3 so far today.

And because you didn't exercise at all it's literally impossible that you've lost 7-8 pounds. See King's post.

So, you are saying the numbers lied to me?

Yes.

It's physically impossible for you to lose that much body fat in 48 hours unless you ran a marathon, consuming nothing but water the entire day, and then fasting again with nothing but water for another day, running another marathon, and slept the entirety of the time in between both marathons.

If all takes is just eating hotdogs and sitting around and pounds fly off, nobody would be fat. Nobody would exercise.

So, I should NEVER believe my scale?  If it lied to me this time, when every other variable was the exact same, how can I ever believe it?

Since I'm assuming you have a cheap Wal-Mart scale, you do realize you can step on the scale and it could say 200 pounds but if you step off and immediately step on it again, it could say 202 pounds. It's not completely precise 100% of the time, especially for higher weights
Pages: [1] 2  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies