Update XX: A Darn Good Judge of My Financial Situation (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 03:32:33 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update XX: A Darn Good Judge of My Financial Situation (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2
Poll
Question: Will Bushie break 300 pounds before the end of February?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 63

Author Topic: Update XX: A Darn Good Judge of My Financial Situation  (Read 208328 times)
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« on: January 14, 2015, 07:50:08 PM »

So, we're on the 20th season of this thing and BusOklahoma is single, unemployed and incredibly overwieght.... just like it was at the beginning. How depressing. No progress has been made.

Actually in the first season he was about to go on a first date, employed at the gas company and like 50 pounds lighter...

Without the Update though, he'd easily be 350 pounds by now, and under constant threat of getting raped by his cell mate Hairy Pete.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2015, 01:26:30 AM »

How ironic. I just spent the last 3 hours chanting Uber, and I got on camera for my sign mocking an opposing player for being an Uber driver.

I do not know what any of this means.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2015, 04:11:10 AM »

How ironic. I just spent the last 3 hours chanting Uber, and I got on camera for my sign mocking an opposing player for being an Uber driver.

I do not know what any of this means.

Sorry. Should've been clearer seeing how obscure that is out of context. I was at a basketball game. The student section viciously mocked the star player on the other team for being an Uber driver for literally 3 hours straight from warmups to final whistle even when he was on the bench. I came with a sign that said "Warm Up the Uber Car". I was quite surprised to see Uber also being mentioned on here - the component that makes up the other half of my life.

What's wrong with being an Uber driver?
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2015, 03:13:44 AM »

That's quite a typo!  You meant 'naps', of course.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2015, 04:10:26 PM »

It's 3:00 in the afternoon! I haven't even eaten my afternoon lunch yet, and I'm at 4 pm.

Plus, it's Friday.  As in, a weekday, not the weekend.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2015, 04:16:56 PM »

Whoops, another glaring typo!  Hilarious that autocorrect turned 'relaxations' into that, but luckily we knew what you meant.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2015, 06:39:45 PM »

You're teaching 70- and 80-year olds... what, exactly?
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2015, 08:27:02 PM »

BushOklahoma, who is your favorite philosopher?

Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2015, 02:51:15 PM »

I just changed my address online and forked over the $1.05 verification fee.

What a scam!
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2015, 08:45:09 PM »

Amazon is far too complicated for Clan Bushie.  If only they had somebody in the family with some knowledge of 'electronic commerce' to help them.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2015, 01:52:22 PM »

Do they have 'full figure' models available?
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2015, 05:51:22 PM »

Next he'll be saying that engineers shouldn't have to use those fancy pants computamabobs to draw their designs, when a simple pencil and paper has sufficed for centuries before.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2015, 08:49:28 PM »

You could always just make up some creative euphemisms to explain these gaps, so that you're not strictly lying.  One of my fellow managers interviewed a guy not too long ago that had a two year gap on his resume.  He said he was part of a 'security team in a gated community', and didn't feel it relevant to mention.  Turned out he'd been in prison.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2015, 09:42:09 PM »

A lot of businesses in the South like to play up the hillbilly thing. They think it's cute. This is especially true of restaurants. When I was a kid, there was a regional chain of restaurants called Po' Folks. Your drinks were served in mason jars. The tablecloths had a bright plaid pattern. You get the idea. It's just a gimmick. There's a store near me that sells fireplaces, grills, lawn patio furniture and such and their radio ads have the most over the top faux hillbilly voice. I guess it's supposed to be folksy and endearing.
EDIT: After googling, it appears there are still a few Po' Folks left in Florida. Here's the children's menu just for a glimpse of how over the top this place was.

I read that entire menu in the voice of the housemaid from Tom and Jerry.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2015, 09:16:24 PM »

Guys, he might consider starting to think about trying to save his payment confirmations to PDF instead of printing them out in color, beginning next week or perhaps next month when the current billing period has ended.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2015, 06:08:04 PM »

I can't find a clip of it on YouTube, but I'm fairly sure it was one of Milton's first lines in the movie.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2015, 06:31:49 PM »

Bushie is there a reason you've turned so violently against President Barack Obama in the past few weeks? Do you blame him for your current unemployment situation?

His administration has been an absolute catastrophe for the country.  His policies are by and large devastating and debilitating to the country.  On top of that, he's too arrogant.  It's his way or the highway.  He expects every person in America to think like him and welcome his liberal, progressive, anti-Christian agenda.

Let me guess:  Obama was the latest topic of conversation in a recent church sermon*, or with the aunt and uncle who stayed with Granny last week?

* b-b-but don't you dare take away our tax exemption!!
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2015, 07:33:17 PM »

bushie, i know you are a student of severe weather, do you believe in global climate change, or is it a liberal conspiracy?

I do not believe in global warming, but I do not believe it is a liberal conspiracy.  I believe the world has natural warming and cooling cycles and that we are just in a typical warming pattern and that we will eventually cool back down.

You are a ******* horror on all levels, Bushie.  Jesus ****.

"Brought to you by the state that has given Jim Inhofe 55%+ of the statewide vote four times."
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #18 on: January 26, 2015, 12:12:57 PM »

I'm so glad ODF gave us a wall o' text this morning to help clarify his positions after yesterday.  It certainly helped clear up a few things and resolve any lingering questions!
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #19 on: January 26, 2015, 12:13:25 PM »

I'm more interested in the claim that there are no racists in Oklahoma. Not one!

Of course there are racists, but the vast majority of Oklahomans are not racist.

That's not what you said.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #20 on: January 26, 2015, 12:23:04 PM »

Hi, guys.  I certainly didn't mean to sound the least bit racist or bigoted last night. Although, bigotry is not necessarily a bad thing, but I digress.

Jeff, in what context is bigotry not a bad thing? (honestly curious)

Christians must follow the Biblical view of gay marriage.  The Bible does not support gay marriage.  The world sees anybody who does not support gay marriage as a bigot, but these "bigots" were just following a higher law - the Bible and the author of the Bible - Almighty God.  Following what the Bible says is never a bad thing, thus, in this case it is acceptable to be labeled as a bigot.

So you don't support gay marriage now?
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #21 on: January 26, 2015, 12:49:15 PM »

So you don't support gay marriage now?

I didn't say that.  This is one view that's difficult for me.  I love gays and I have several friends who are gay.  I try to tell myself that I'm against gay marriage, but my heart supports their right to love who they want to love and their right to have the same rights as straight people do.  My brain and my heart are not on the same page.  It is a real battle.

Wait, so your brain represents your Christian beliefs in this analogy?
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #22 on: January 26, 2015, 01:09:35 PM »

Bushie, why do you identify as a Democrat when it is apparent you don't really hold any beliefs they hold?

It seems like you've taken a wild turn right, which is fine, but I have no idea why you still consider yourself a democrat.

You're forgetting that even with the crazy right-wing vitriol over the last few pages, he's still very much left of center for Oklahoma.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #23 on: January 26, 2015, 06:04:21 PM »

So, I basically just got lied to.  I called this recruiter at 1130 and she told me to fill out an application online and then come in after lunch and speak with a recruiter.  I filled out the application, but when I got to the office I was told they don't see walk-ins and that someone would get back to me.  On top of that, no one remembered talking to me over the phone even though only 2 hours had elapsed, so they made me look like a liar.

This would never have happened if we didn't have Hussein Obongo as "president".
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #24 on: January 28, 2015, 12:23:58 AM »

I went to get Braum's for supper, but the burger tasted terrible to me, so I had to throw out half the burger.  I still consumed all the fries and coke, but I threw half the burger in the trash.

I'm just so thankful that everytime mine is checked, which is every six months, my blood sugar and A1C levels are always perfectly normal.  I am not taking any medication for diabetes, either.  I am really, really fortunate.  I need to do everything I can to keep it that way, and I have not been doing well, but I'll get there.  It may be a slow, painful process, but I'll get there.
I just will not completely give up my Diet Dr Pepper for 3 or 5 days a week.  I will reduce it, but not give it up entirely.

Pages: [1] 2  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies