Update XX: A Darn Good Judge of My Financial Situation (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 06:29:57 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update XX: A Darn Good Judge of My Financial Situation (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Poll
Question: Will Bushie break 300 pounds before the end of February?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 63

Author Topic: Update XX: A Darn Good Judge of My Financial Situation  (Read 208368 times)
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« on: January 14, 2015, 07:45:21 PM »

Great title, fantastic song! I have high hopes for this season.

I gotta say though, last season was expertly crafted, and I think my esteemed colleague and world-renowned executive producer Eraserhead should take full credit. He managed to keep the season going strong even after Bushie stopped posting on the forum forever for a week, before building us up to a great finale, by sprinkling a lot of foreshadowing and callbacks to past firings along the way. And there were a lot of great stand-alone episodes along the way! (Who can forget the "turkey wrap" episode? An instant classic!) I am excited to see where we go from here.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2015, 07:45:53 PM »

So, we're on the 20th season of this thing and BusOklahoma is single, unemployed and incredibly overwieght.... just like it was at the beginning. How depressing. No progress has been made.

Actually in the first season he was about to go on a first date, employed at the gas company and like 50 pounds lighter...
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2015, 07:52:35 PM »

So, we're on the 20th season of this thing and BusOklahoma is single, unemployed and incredibly overwieght.... just like it was at the beginning. How depressing. No progress has been made.

Actually in the first season he was about to go on a first date, employed at the gas company and like 50 pounds lighter...

Without the Update though, he'd easily be 350 pounds by now, and under constant threat of getting raped by his cell mate Hairy Pete.

This is true. Praise Update!
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2015, 12:41:37 AM »

Wow, I can't believe no one's ever thought of Bushie becoming an Uber driver! That would be perfect for him! He might even have a "meet-cute" with a nice lady in the back seat of his car and settle down with her, start a family.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2015, 01:01:20 AM »

He could even continue to drive an Uber after he finds a job, to bump up all those inevitable full 24-hour work weeks to 40 hours.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2015, 11:37:36 AM »

Bushie, what about our suggestion to start ubering?
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2015, 01:40:04 PM »

And if he's lucky, he might pick up a family with children, giving him an opportunity for a quick "loving on" as he drives them to their destination.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2015, 03:36:37 PM »

unfortunately without facial book access there's no way of knowing if the nap was a full six hours, or only four.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2015, 05:55:49 PM »

Bushie you don't know CADD best. That's why you're in this mess. You do know driving from point a to point b though.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2015, 06:01:43 PM »

You all might, I repeat might, be proud of me:  My church friend (the one I went bowling with Thanksgiving weekend), knows I am looking for a job, so he sent me a Facebook post for an AT&T call center job fair this Saturday in NW Oklahoma City.  I laughed and moved on back to my CAD searching.  I gave it no consideration whatsoever.  I don't even remember the address except the street it was on.  I thank him for thinking of me, but I am done with call centers.

Brilliant setup. I think I know where this is going.

SMASH CUT TO:

INT. OFFICE CUBICLES -- NEXT MONDAY

CLOSE UP on BUSHIE'S freshly-shaven face, staring blankly into the distance.

AT&T SUPERVIOR (V.O.)
Welcome to AT&T call-center training...
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2015, 09:32:22 PM »

Bushie could be making like $1000 uber dollars during the time he's wasting with his family for some reason. Instead he'll be wasting $1000 of gas driving back and forth.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2015, 10:09:26 PM »

Seriously dude stop it with all the bullsh!t excuses and take some responsibility for yourself for once.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2015, 02:20:08 PM »

So, it would be very rude for you not to stay over for 10 days and have them prepare meals for you as well.

I didn't say that.  The rest of his post is valid, but I was too caught up addressing and shutting him down over the inconsiderate labeling.

If you would do me a favor, can I spend time with my family how I want to spend time with my family without being condemned for it?

okay but don't pretend that you're trying to get your life back on track at the same time

and don't use your family members, who by your own words you "want" to spend ten days straight with, as an excuse for not getting your life back on track
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2015, 04:12:06 PM »

It's 3:00 in the afternoon! I haven't even eaten my afternoon lunch yet, and I'm at 4 pm.

Plus, it's Friday.  As in, a weekday, not the weekend.

For the Brown family, weekends last Friday through Sunday, sometimes including Thursday as well. We went over this when Bushie and his family refused to eat healthy on those days of the week because they were supposed to be fun days and THERE WAS NOTHING WRONG WITH THAT.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2015, 04:15:24 PM »

They eat at 4, and then again at 8 or 9.  Common sense would dictate to them that doing so isn't healthy but the Brown Clan know what's best.

I'm sure they each take a very productive dump in between dinner #1 and #2 to cancel it out though.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2015, 07:23:56 PM »

What did you have for dinner? What is your target date to hit the big 3-0-0 on the scale?

Simpsons did it: "King Size Homer" (S07E07).

Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2015, 08:32:50 PM »

guys leave Bushie's family alone, only he's allowed to abuse them! Angry
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2015, 10:36:40 PM »

The minor rough patch now includes dizziness and sleep apnea. RIP Bushie. Dead within a year. Sad to see Update end so soon.

I just hope he can cling to life long enough for Update to beat The Simpsons in number of seasons and become the longest running sitcom.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #18 on: January 17, 2015, 10:01:34 AM »

Yes please finally remove the mustache! Not having it will be a huge help with interviews.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #19 on: January 17, 2015, 11:52:22 AM »

Huh
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #20 on: January 17, 2015, 01:41:35 PM »

Update definitely has a lot of parallels to Boyhood imo.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #21 on: January 19, 2015, 12:11:22 AM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

you're a monster Cry
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #22 on: January 19, 2015, 12:35:36 AM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

you're a monster Cry

Now you know how it feels.  You've insulted me and put me down all these years, but you always get mad and deny it when I call you out on it and make me look like the bad guy.  The road goes both ways.  I don't feel a bit sorry for my post.

so rude Cry
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #23 on: January 20, 2015, 11:46:25 AM »

Bushie will think about considering starting to breathe a week from now when his family has finished visiting. After he buys $100 of breathing equipment, of course.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #24 on: January 21, 2015, 01:26:30 AM »

If you respected them, you'd be doing something ... anything ... in the downtime between jobs, or working two to get out from under them sooner. Take a cashier job now, work it full time, transition it to part time when your CADD job comes along and work both to earn more faster.

Or Uber! Please sign up for Uber.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies