Update XX: A Darn Good Judge of My Financial Situation (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 12:33:51 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update XX: A Darn Good Judge of My Financial Situation (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Will Bushie break 300 pounds before the end of February?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 63

Author Topic: Update XX: A Darn Good Judge of My Financial Situation  (Read 208289 times)
Kushahontas
floating_to_sea
Kenya

« on: January 18, 2015, 12:16:31 AM »

I know I can do it online, but I don't like wasting a dollar just to verify my address.  I don't know why I don't like spending that dollar when I have no problem spending money most anywhere else, but I guess it's a strange quirk.

I guess it's not the dollar that I mind, it's just having to get up, get the credit card out of my wallet, inputting the information into the appropriate fields, then putting the credit card back up.  It's still totally illogical because the other alternative is getting up, putting my shoes on, grabbing the keys, getting in the car, driving to the post office, going inside, filling out a change of address form, getting back in the car, driving back home, etc.

I am convinced you are not real.
Kushahontas
floating_to_sea
Kenya

« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2015, 02:02:48 PM »

Perhaps this was addressed in an earlier update but Mr. Brown, what type of car do you drive?
Kushahontas
floating_to_sea
Kenya

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2015, 09:58:40 PM »

Wasn't 'e-commerce' Bushie's college major once upon a time?

He graduated with it, but it was Northwestern Oklahoma E-Commerce, circa-2003. So he knows how to sell items on Usenet.

I thought it was OSU! Damn, update just keeps getting more depressing with each new chapter
Kushahontas
floating_to_sea
Kenya

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2015, 05:19:25 PM »
« Edited: January 22, 2015, 05:25:25 PM by Kushahontas »

You all missed the fact that I ate at a mom and pop instead of a big chain.  Instead, I got bashed over the head because it's fried chicken.

I'm sorry how rude!

Let's give a big round of applause for helping a small business! Don't you monsters know good news when you read it!

Oh... IT'S FRIED CHICKEN! Was there even a plant-based element that wasn't just fibrous material held together with fat?

No, you aren't getting congratulated for that and you should be bashed over the head for another set of decisions that are so obviously terrible.

Green Beans w/Bacon is on the menu... perhaps there is hope?

Are those prices for the "snak-paks" serious? Nothing like paying nearly 6 bucks for something that costs less than $1.25 at Popeye's (where it is mixed and not 'all dark'). What the hell is going on in Oklahoma?

Also, shout out to a salad which contains fried chicken and "hillbilly ranch"
Kushahontas
floating_to_sea
Kenya

« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2015, 07:39:40 PM »

lol
Kushahontas
floating_to_sea
Kenya

« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2015, 03:59:59 PM »

Bushie what did you originally want to major in before you got sucked into e-commerce?

As a child, I wanted to major in meteorology at the University of Oklahoma.  Unfortunately, though, I did not have the proper ACT score to get into OU, so I had to go to a regional university.

You could have transferred to ou.

I probably could have, but I was having so much fun at Northwestern and I felt comfortable in the small town of Alva.

good lord
Kushahontas
floating_to_sea
Kenya

« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2015, 10:58:57 PM »

Why should Oklahoma's economy as a whole suffer just because the rest of the country doesn't want to spend an extra dollar a gallon (which is really not that much in the grand scheme of things)?

I'm pretty sure you're jerking our chains right now...

Do you not remember that much of Oklahoma's and Texas's economies rely on the oil and gas industry?  It is no accident that the proposed Keystone XL Pipeline (which I support, BTW), would run through Oklahoma and Texas.

If lower gas prices indeed hurt the Oklahoman economy as much as you're saying, you may want to take issue with those who run the oil companies. Take a look at their profits ... their net profits ... on a quarterly basis, and tell me whether or not those could take a sliver of a hit to keep people employed?

Of course they could. Lower prices don't mean that oil is any less necessary. The need for bodies is still high ... if people are losing their jobs, it's not because the oil companies don't have the funds available to invest in more expansion or the employees to make that happen. It's because they answer to investors who want to see a certain number on the bottom line.

Big oil definitely bears a lot of the blame.  Of course they could take a little hit to spare their employees the hardship that comes with a layoff.  Be that as it may.  Prices as low as this are not all good news.  Sure, they ease the burden on the consumer's wallet, but the flip side is many American workers will have to struggle to feed their families or risk foreclosure or defaulting because daddy lost his job.

EDIT:  Let me add to this that $4.00 gas is not the answer, either as that also hurts many Americans.  No one is advocating for what we had just a few short months ago, but a happy medium of $2.50-$3.00.

Is that happy medium indexed to inflation?
Kushahontas
floating_to_sea
Kenya

« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2015, 07:28:21 PM »

Since he did not post what he ate today I will assume it's RIP diet.

I was just about to post what I had.  I had a bowl of cereal this morning for breakfast, just water for lunch, and a bacon and tomato sandwich for supper.  I had 4 glasses of water today (34 oz. total).  I will get out and walk at 1730 before this evening's basketball games come on.

wouldn't this have slowed down metabolism and increased fat retention??
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies