Update XX: A Darn Good Judge of My Financial Situation (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 12:41:56 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update XX: A Darn Good Judge of My Financial Situation (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Will Bushie break 300 pounds before the end of February?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 63

Author Topic: Update XX: A Darn Good Judge of My Financial Situation  (Read 208292 times)
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« on: January 15, 2015, 12:50:01 AM »
« edited: January 15, 2015, 12:54:00 AM by smilo »

How ironic. I just spent the last 3 hours chanting Uber, and I got on camera for my sign mocking an opposing player for being an Uber driver. But enough about me, this is Bushie's show.

I think the position would suit him extraordinarily well. He certainly has enough stories to keep the passengers entertained. He's kept us entertained for years. So long as he keeps 2 things in mind, this could work:

1. I hope he doesn't speak as formally* as he types. I know people who speak in that exact way, and it's dreadful.
2. Do not talk about religion. Maybe Oklahoma is different, but I never want to hear about that. It's bad enough when I am the employee trying to be converted. The other way around with no way out is horrible.

*Formal may not be the right word, but just all the nonsense specifics and times and stuff.

Then again, Oklahoma's slower too so he may be able to get by with both of those.

At worst, it's something between jobs and he can continue doing it alongside another job should he find one - particularly a temporary one.

I know I'd use his services for sure.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2015, 01:39:58 AM »
« Edited: January 15, 2015, 01:48:33 AM by smilo »

How ironic. I just spent the last 3 hours chanting Uber, and I got on camera for my sign mocking an opposing player for being an Uber driver.

I do not know what any of this means.

Sorry. Should've been clearer seeing how obscure that is out of context. I was at a basketball game. The student section viciously mocked the star player on the other team for being an Uber driver for literally 3 hours straight from warmups to final whistle even when he was on the bench. I came with a sign that said "Warm Up the Uber Car". I was quite surprised to see Uber also being mentioned on here - the component that makes up the other half of my life.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2015, 07:50:51 AM »

How ironic. I just spent the last 3 hours chanting Uber, and I got on camera for my sign mocking an opposing player for being an Uber driver.

I do not know what any of this means.

Sorry. Should've been clearer seeing how obscure that is out of context. I was at a basketball game. The student section viciously mocked the star player on the other team for being an Uber driver for literally 3 hours straight from warmups to final whistle even when he was on the bench. I came with a sign that said "Warm Up the Uber Car". I was quite surprised to see Uber also being mentioned on here - the component that makes up the other half of my life.

What's wrong with being an Uber driver?

Nothing at all. It's just about getting in your opponent's head. He promotes the fact so much and got it published everywhere including a Frontpage article on espn so we are going to distract him. He's a really nice guy who I absolutely love except when he plays us. Everything is fair game, and it worked very well. As I initially mentioned, I digress quite a bit. This is Bushie's thread.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2015, 04:04:57 PM »

It's 3:00 in the afternoon! I haven't even eaten my afternoon lunch yet, and I'm at 4 pm.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2015, 08:29:13 PM »

BushOklahoma, who is your favorite philosopher?

(Not meant to be anti-religious)

EDIT: Ah, Joe beat me with an even better one. LOL ^^
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2015, 05:36:26 PM »

I think Bushie has a point. LinkedIn is the most useless networking website I've ever seen. There's occasionally a good front page article. That's the most you can get out of it.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2015, 06:20:13 PM »

I think Bushie has a point. LinkedIn is the most useless networking website I've ever seen. There's occasionally a good front page article. That's the most I can get out of it.

That's a rather bold statement for opinion. I've gotten much more than that out of LinkedIn. It's all in how you use it and what you're trying to get out of it.

Eh, maybe I'm just technologically inept. Changed the pronoun to make it less factual sounding.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2015, 01:56:21 PM »

Understatement of the century!
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2015, 08:54:52 PM »

Amazon is far too complicated for Clan Bushie.  If only they had somebody in the family with some knowledge of 'electronic commerce' to help them.

It's definitely not too complicated, but it's just that we haven't had a need to look into it, yet.

Are you telling me you have not even visited Amazon.com?! All you have to do is register! There's no other commitments to look into!!

I can't even begin to imagine living without Amazon/online shopping. That's like 95% of my non-food purchases. There's never anything you need in a retail store.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2015, 01:01:43 PM »

I'm betting he stopped at the McDonalds on the OK turnpike.......Bushie?

Why waste time at McDonald's when you can wait another hour and a half, get all the way home, and treat yourself to Braum's?  I haven't gotten the Braum's, yet, but I am home and will be going right after the 1100 news to pay my February rent and get some lunch.

If you're going to wait that long, why not just make a lovely and healthy homemade meal?
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2015, 12:38:12 PM »
« Edited: January 24, 2015, 12:40:14 PM by SMilo »

Ok St looking horrible all of a sudden - losing bad again. Tulsa may be the ones challenging the Sooners for state bragging rights! Who'd a thunk it?

Once Tulsa pulls away, it's only logical to watch Kentucky finally lose (I hope)
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2015, 01:02:05 PM »

How odd that The Onion decides to share this article from 2009 on Facebook today 2 days after politics (!) were discussed in Update.

http://www.theonion.com/articles/if-god-had-wanted-me-to-be-accepting-of-gays-he-wo,11500/?utm_source=Facebook&utm_medium=SocialMarketing&utm_campaign=LinkPreview:NA:InFocus

This is getting pretty freaky. Why would a random article from October 2009 get promoted on a random day in January?
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2015, 07:54:52 PM »
« Edited: February 01, 2015, 07:58:09 PM by SMilo »

I had a goal to out-eat you today, but I was only able to go 5 slices. I tried very hard, but I woke up late and had my eating schedule get thrown off so the 3:30 lunch basically destroyed that chance.

Still, unbelievable. You should have all the motivation not to be doing that much.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2015, 11:26:38 PM »

Bushie, do you have pots and pans in your apartment? If you've never used the oven before, it would seem that you probably wouldn't.

I've got a sauce pan, skillet, small round cake pan, and a cookie sheet/pizza pan.

How would you have cooked spaghetti? A sauce pan often doesn't fit that (unless you mean sauce pot, not to be annoyingly...errr 'technical', but it's a major difference). In other words, does long pasta fit in anything you own?

Also, I don't know if others would agree, but put the skillet to work and fry vegetables! It's better than not having any ever even if frying is not completely healthy. Let's be real, your other options are all going to be fried anyway. At least make something moderately better with what you have.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2015, 07:40:32 PM »

My best friend at church, though, is going to send out a mass text tomorrow asking if anyone knows of any CAD jobs here in the Oklahoma City area. 

That's awfully nice of him, but realistically, is there any chance of success going that route? Does he actually know people who would hire in that area? I don't blame you for trying because it can't hurt, but is it progress?
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2015, 07:52:08 PM »

My best friend at church, though, is going to send out a mass text tomorrow asking if anyone knows of any CAD jobs here in the Oklahoma City area.

That's awfully nice of him, but realistically, is there any chance of success going that route? Does he actually know people who would hire in that area? I don't blame you for trying because it can't hurt, but is it progress?

This was almost a month ago, but while it was a nice gesture, it didn't turn up any results.

Ah, my phone brought me to the wrong page. My bad. But what does it say that your most recent post and three weeks ago are nearly interchangeable? Are the writers on strike? Let's get some new dramatic twist to top last season already!
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2015, 07:02:56 PM »

http://www.amazon.com/Jesus-Religion-Better-Trying-Harder/dp/149151146X

E-commerce majors, amirite?
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: February 10, 2015, 07:13:44 PM »

I think you're making a wise decision. I would never be able to take a sales role, but I applaud you for doing so. It's the right thing to do even if you don't like it.

I'm sticking with "Uber is better for you." But this is solid progress.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: February 10, 2015, 07:39:40 PM »

I thought I remember reading something like this before, but it seems to have gained a lot of press today as a result of getting published. Two scientists have a different model that could send the Big Bang Theory into the history books. Obviously a long way to go, but getting published is not a bad start. Take from it what you may: http://www.sciencealert.com/new-theory-suggests-the-big-bang-never-occurred

Congratulations (sort of), Jeff.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: February 11, 2015, 12:03:13 AM »

With a new job, I can't take off real soon

Define soon. And has that stopped you in the past with actual jobs that had meaning to you.

Headache onset in t-5 days.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies