Update XX: A Darn Good Judge of My Financial Situation (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 12:44:05 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update XX: A Darn Good Judge of My Financial Situation (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Will Bushie break 300 pounds before the end of February?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 63

Author Topic: Update XX: A Darn Good Judge of My Financial Situation  (Read 208294 times)
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« on: January 24, 2015, 04:29:41 PM »

You really could just save a PDF of every confirmation and only print them out if you need to for some reason.

That would save ink and time, and decrease clutter of all that loose paper sitting around. If you're worried about computer crashes, save them into Dropbox or onto a flash drive.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2015, 11:16:40 AM »

I was being sarcastic. I'm not aware of Jeff buying such a thing, but the fact that it was being taken seriously kind of sums up the problem.

It's really not a good idea to just make stuff up like that, because people are going to believe it and start throwing it around as a real fact. Remember how half of Update believed (still believes?) that Bushie was listening to the radio at his Tulsa CADD job.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2015, 03:59:32 PM »

I was being sarcastic. I'm not aware of Jeff buying such a thing, but the fact that it was being taken seriously kind of sums up the problem.

It's really not a good idea to just make stuff up like that, because people are going to believe it and start throwing it around as a real fact. Remember how half of Update believed (still believes?) that Bushie was listening to the radio at his Tulsa CADD job.

Didn't he admit to listening to the radio!

No, it was a reference to the movie "Office Space," in which a dorky character wants to listen to the radio (without headphones or anything) at work.

You're hardly the only one not to pick up on the reference though -- it must be a more obscure movie that I realized.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2015, 06:37:03 PM »

that was the funny part...someone made a joke about bushie playing the radio.  turns out he did play the radio at work!

can you confirm once again bushe that you listened to the radio at work?

There's a pretty big difference in a man bringing an actual radio to work and blaring it out for the whole office to hear (which was the movie reference that some people took seriously) and a man listening to iTunes music (which isn't actually "the radio") at work with headphones on (which is common at lots of companies).

Granted, Bushie should be the one pointing this out, and not me, but it's not nearly close enough to be "haha this movie reference was actually right!"
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2015, 06:42:29 PM »

His administration has been an absolute catastrophe for the country.
How so? We're better off as a country than we were in January 2009 by virtually any objective measure.

His policies are by and large devastating and debilitating to the country. 
Which ones? Who has been devastated?

On top of that, he's too arrogant.  It's his way or the highway.
Can you cite examples of this? Almost all liberals feel that he is too eager to compromise and give in to Republicans.

He expects every person in America to think like him and welcome his liberal, progressive, anti-Christian agenda.
Can you cite examples of him being anti-Christian? I can't think of a single one.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2015, 07:05:25 PM »

To answer Lief, the things you mentioned are good and I give the president credit for those.  However, with the more jobs, you do realize the majority of the jobs that have been created are not adequate, leaving the workers still largely underemployed.  I do realize that being underemployed is still better than being unemployed, but if Americans are still largely underemployed, the poverty rate isn't going to go down very quickly.  I also do not like his executive action on immigration.  That is not going to secure our borders and basically gives jobs and drivers licenses to illegal immigrants taking those away from American citizens who desperately need those jobs.  I also don't like his administration forcing businesses to cater to same-sex couples when they choose not to do so (for instance, the wedding cake bakery in Denver).  Any business should be allowed to be selective and to deny whom they serve, gay or straight, if they so desire.  It's a part of the free enterprise system we have in the United States.  There are several more things I find troubling in this administration.  I realize he cannot control what individual judges will rule, but still it reflects on him.

Should businesses be able to throw out black people if they so desire?

And if this really is all about religious liberty, why hasn't there been any controversy about a bakery refusing to make a cake for someone on their second, third, etc., marriage? Could it be that bakers don't really care and are just happy to sell their the cakes, but a few attention-whore insincere bakers just want to make a big scene about gays to drum up business, knowing that a whole bunch of right-wingers will show up to their bakeries to "stick it to Obama" ?

Bakers generally never know the details of the events where their cakes will be consumed anyway, and bakers never complain about that -- except for a couple of them whining about gay marriage (but no other "sins").
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2015, 08:31:09 PM »

bushie, i know you are a student of severe weather, do you believe in global climate change, or is it a liberal conspiracy?

I do not believe in global warming, but I do not believe it is a liberal conspiracy.  I believe the world has natural warming and cooling cycles and that we are just in a typical warming pattern and that we will eventually cool back down.

On what grounds do you believe this?
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2015, 08:32:32 PM »

Why should Oklahoma's economy as a whole suffer just because the rest of the country doesn't want to spend an extra dollar a gallon (which is really not that much in the grand scheme of things)?

I'm pretty sure you're jerking our chains right now...
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2015, 09:48:57 PM »

What about cases where it's not someone's sincere "religious conviction" but they're just pretending it is to fool right-wing Christians into shopping there?
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2015, 10:23:19 PM »

Look, guys, I am not going to answer any more questions.  You all are trying to trap me and I'm not going to fall into your trap.

I'm not trying to trap you. I just want you to be aware that most of the people whining about how serving gays is against their religion or whatever are actually just doing at a big $$ ploy, and that people with similar religious views to you and buying it hook, line, and sinker.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2015, 09:08:13 PM »

What about churches that perform gay marriages? Are those valid Christian marriages not legitimate in God's eyes?

If said churches are not producing legitimate marriages, it only follows logically that the heterosexual marriages performed by those churches aren't valid either? After all, a denomination either performs real marriages or it does not.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2015, 11:34:04 PM »

I will answer Smash and Indy at once since their posts are similar. 

What about my question? As someone married in a church that also performs gay marriages, I have a personal interest in knowing whether you believe my marriage is valid in God's eyes.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2015, 12:36:18 AM »

One thing I've started doing is that if I do go out to a restaurant and order some big high-calorie dish, I only eat half of it and save the other half for dinner. That way, my 1200-calorie monstrosity is split between 2 meals. While still not exactly healthy, it's not going to load me up on calories.

If I still feel hungry after eating half of it, too bad for me. That's the cost of going out for lunch instead of bringing my own. Gloppy restaurant meals are usually big portions anyway.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies