What's the greatest amount of alcohol you've consumed in a 24 hour period?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 11:16:53 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  What's the greatest amount of alcohol you've consumed in a 24 hour period?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: What's the greatest amount of alcohol you've consumed in a 24 hour period?  (Read 2594 times)
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: January 16, 2015, 06:59:12 AM »

Frat boy stupidity. 
Phony Moderate
Obamaisdabest
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #26 on: January 16, 2015, 07:04:19 AM »
« Edited: January 16, 2015, 07:06:13 AM by Phony Moderate »

Probably this past New Year's Eve - about 11 pints of beer. In U.S. terms that's something like 18 drinks.
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #27 on: January 16, 2015, 09:17:30 AM »

How was frat life in the 70s, Uncle Gramps?  We liked to think we were a modern Animal House but I doubt we ever got close to the glory days before admin was up frats' asses for everything.
H. Ross Peron
General Mung Beans
Junior Chimp
Korea, Republic of

Political Matrix
E: -6.58, S: -1.91

« Reply #28 on: January 16, 2015, 10:15:38 AM »

Probably when I accidentally took a swig from a plastic bottle in elementary school, thinking the rice wine there was water. Since then haven't drank anything.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #29 on: January 16, 2015, 10:24:27 AM »

How was frat life in the 70s, Uncle Gramps?  We liked to think we were a modern Animal House but I doubt we ever got close to the glory days before admin was up frats' asses for everything.

Sigma Chi's on the Clarion University (PA) campus were not quite an animal house, but you're right, no one effed with us.  We leased the second floor of a VFW hall since we had no house, and had a huge bar.  We went through 20-25 half kegs per party depending on the time of the  year.  We had to have a bartending schedule because we had so many taps going.  Bose speakers hung from the cielings, and reel to reel for our music.  We made the newbies lug the 20+ kegs  up from the first floor.  We had a private keg for our members and a private room.  I'm surprised after all of the alcohol that I remember that much.  Wink
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #30 on: January 16, 2015, 10:31:24 AM »

Sigma Chi's on the Clarion University (PA) campus were not quite an animal house, but you're right, no one effed with us.  We leased the second floor of a VFW hall since we had no house, and had a huge bar.  We went through 20-25 half kegs per party depending on the time of the  year.  We had to have a bartending schedule because we had so many taps going.  Bose speakers hung from the cielings, and reel to reel for our music.  We made the newbies lug the 20+ kegs  up from the first floor.  We had a private keg for our members and a private room.  I'm surprised after all of the alcohol that I remember that much.  Wink

Damn.  5-6 kegs was considered a ridiculous party for us, with an extra we call a "Potter Surprise" (named after a TEP legend who passed a couple years ago) for the brothers and the ladies who were invited to the afterparty.  Not sure about you guys but a ton of people would bring their own bottle so we rarely needed more than 3-4 newbies on the tap.  Unfortunately, every incident required a meeting with the leaders of Greek life and a subsequent scaling back of the debauchery, and often a probationary period.  Rarely could you point the blame squarely at us, but such is the modern world of uptight gasbags.  Good times, though.  I remember plenty enough for some solid reminiscence.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #31 on: January 16, 2015, 10:45:59 AM »
« Edited: January 16, 2015, 10:47:30 AM by Grumps »

How was frat life in the 70s, Uncle Gramps?  We liked to think we were a modern Animal House but I doubt we ever got close to the glory days before admin was up frats' asses for everything.

Sigma Chi's on the Clarion University (PA) campus were not quite an animal house, but you're right, no one effed with us.  We leased the second floor of a VFW hall since we had no house, and had a huge bar.  We went through 20-25 half kegs per party depending on the time of the  year.  We had to have a bartending schedule because we had so many taps going.  Bose speakers hung from the cielings, and reel to reel for our music.  We made the newbies lug the 20+ kegs  up from the first floor.  We had a private keg for our members and a private room.  I'm surprised after all of the alcohol that I remember that much.  Wink

Damn.  5-6 kegs was considered a ridiculous party for us, with an extra we call a "Potter Surprise" (named after a TEP legend who passed a couple years ago) for the brothers and the ladies who were invited to the afterparty.  Not sure about you guys but a ton of people would bring their own bottle so we rarely needed more than 3-4 newbies on the tap.  Unfortunately, every incident required a meeting with the leaders of Greek life and a subsequent scaling back of the debauchery, and often a probationary period.  Rarely could you point the blame squarely at us, but such is the modern world of uptight gasbags.  Good times, though.  I remember plenty enough for some solid reminiscence.

We didn't permit people to bring in liquor, period.  Everytime some asshole did, it was fight time. After a while that gets old and would draw police attention.   Plus, Hokey, the second floor of that VFW held over 200 people.  We had to issue tickets.  We made a fortune though......everyone paid to get in, chickas included.  The only time it sucked was Sunday morning if you were on cleanup duty.......it was hard not to barf at the smells.
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #32 on: January 16, 2015, 11:58:16 AM »

How was frat life in the 70s, Uncle Gramps?  We liked to think we were a modern Animal House but I doubt we ever got close to the glory days before admin was up frats' asses for everything.

Sigma Chi's on the Clarion University (PA) campus were not quite an animal house, but you're right, no one effed with us.  We leased the second floor of a VFW hall since we had no house, and had a huge bar.  We went through 20-25 half kegs per party depending on the time of the  year.  We had to have a bartending schedule because we had so many taps going.  Bose speakers hung from the cielings, and reel to reel for our music.  We made the newbies lug the 20+ kegs  up from the first floor.  We had a private keg for our members and a private room.  I'm surprised after all of the alcohol that I remember that much.  Wink

Damn.  5-6 kegs was considered a ridiculous party for us, with an extra we call a "Potter Surprise" (named after a TEP legend who passed a couple years ago) for the brothers and the ladies who were invited to the afterparty.  Not sure about you guys but a ton of people would bring their own bottle so we rarely needed more than 3-4 newbies on the tap.  Unfortunately, every incident required a meeting with the leaders of Greek life and a subsequent scaling back of the debauchery, and often a probationary period.  Rarely could you point the blame squarely at us, but such is the modern world of uptight gasbags.  Good times, though.  I remember plenty enough for some solid reminiscence.

We didn't permit people to bring in liquor, period.  Everytime some asshole did, it was fight time. After a while that gets old and would draw police attention.   Plus, Hokey, the second floor of that VFW held over 200 people.  We had to issue tickets.  We made a fortune though......everyone paid to get in, chickas included.  The only time it sucked was Sunday morning if you were on cleanup duty.......it was hard not to barf at the smells.

Wow.  Didn't expect frat parties of yesteryear to be so... Formal.  Enjoyable insight, Uncle Gramps.  Thx.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #33 on: January 16, 2015, 01:03:14 PM »

In today's pathetic world, I view the parties go something like this:

HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #34 on: January 16, 2015, 01:17:06 PM »

In today's pathetic world, I view the parties go something like this:

Any party will have a few passer outers, but usually we were all going hard until 3.  One time we had relations going on in every viable horizontal surface in the whole house simultaneously at 4am.  I have a lot of pride in taking part in that one.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #35 on: January 16, 2015, 01:31:07 PM »

Probably four drinks/brews is the most.  I've never been at a party where I haven't had to worry about getting home afterward.  Even if I had been, it's hard to see how I'd go much past six, since I drink for taste and comradery, not for the purpose of getting drunk.  I don't feel the need to get drunk to have an excuse to act like an idiot.  I'm perfectly willing and able to do so without alcohol.
The Dowager Mod
texasgurl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -9.48, S: -8.57

P P P

« Reply #36 on: January 16, 2015, 01:41:13 PM »

18 shots in 25 minutes.  Almost killed me.
Pussy.
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #37 on: January 16, 2015, 01:42:51 PM »

Christ knows.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #38 on: January 16, 2015, 01:49:39 PM »

Don't sing it. Bring it.
Zanas
Zanas46
France

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #39 on: January 16, 2015, 07:27:05 PM »

Well, medical students here in France organize a "ski criterium" every winter in a winter sports resort. Around 2,000 participate, not only med students but others, and only a handful actually take part in the ski competitions these days... So I went twice, once half the week, and once the full week. That full week has to be the biggest alcohol consumption I ever had. The last evening, I was formally "adopted" as a med student, being a legal student, which is an honor they don't hand out to anyone. I drank, like, a lot, and ended up falling on my back, opening my scalp on an icy edge, and waking up the next day in a recovery room in the valley hospital. When I got the results of the tests they made through the night, which I gladly paid for myself, not being willing to put this on social security, I was at 0.349 at my peak. I guess that would have to mean around 30 drinks for that evening alone. Not counting the day, and the end of the previous evening. That's a lot. That's too much. I stopped the faluche, the sort of French students fraternity, right after, and I've got back to being reasonably drunk now, albeit sometimes still a bit less reasonably.
politicallefty
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -9.22

P P
« Reply #40 on: January 17, 2015, 09:36:43 AM »

A lot, to the point of getting a severe case of the spins and the worst hangover of my life. It was about five and a half years ago and it was with a lot of my family. I was pretty much drinking what my grandma made (i.e. mixed drinks) and she never skimped on the hard liquor in making mixed drinks. Everything I had that night was probably worth about 20 drinks or so over the course of several hours, so that was probably at least over three times the legal limit. I've never been that drunk since and have only come close a very few number of times.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies