Petition to Recall Representative Winfield
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 09:00:31 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Petition to Recall Representative Winfield
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Petition to Recall Representative Winfield  (Read 1799 times)
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 14, 2015, 10:31:56 PM »

Pursuant to Article V, Section 1 of the Fourth Northeast Constitution:

You must be logged in to read this quote.

WHEREAS Representative Winfield has engaged in unbecoming behavior for a Representative by consistently attacking the personal characters of all colleagues and citizens who do not agree with his beliefs

WHEREAS Representative Winfield abused the legislative process by filing seventeen bills in a one-day span, clogging the legislative queue and making normal business impossible to conduct at his insistence of "debating" long-settled precedent

WHEREAS Representative Winfield's atmosphere of petty personal attacks has arguably already led to the resignation of one Lieutenant Governor and Representative

Be it resolved by the People of the Northeast that Representative Winfield face recall procedure as outlined in Article V Section 1 of the Fourth Northeast Constitution.

A Few Examples of Unbecoming Behavior in the Past 3 Weeks:

Please note that there are more examples scattered about the board, but due to the locking of completed legislation and the fact that no one has been strategically collecting these in the past, it is harder to display them all/track them all down.

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=205164.msg4437981#msg4437981
https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=205275.msg4441119#msg4441119
https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=205104.msg4436117#msg4436117
https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=205104.msg4436132#msg4436132
https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=205104.msg4436151#msg4436151
https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=205104.msg4437774#msg4437774
https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=205678.msg4448430#msg4448430
https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=205678.msg4448244#msg4448244
https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=205678.msg4448303#msg4448303

THE STRANGE RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN SAWX AND DALLASFAN

(HINT:  SAWX IS THE ONE WITH STRINGS ON HIS ARMS AND LEGS SO DALLASFAN CAN PULL THEM AT WILL)

#CriminalizeSobriety
Dallasfan65
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 5.48, S: -9.65

« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2015, 11:08:41 PM »

XDallasfan65
Sopranos Republican
Matt from VT
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.03, S: -8.87

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2015, 11:16:31 PM »

x MattVT
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2015, 11:17:13 PM »

x Adam Griffin
Obnoxiously Slutty Girly Girl
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2015, 11:26:12 PM »

X Libertas
Deus Naturae
Deus naturae
YaBB God
Croatia

« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2015, 11:53:21 PM »

X Deus Naturae

Not only should Winfield be thrown out of office, but he should be sentenced to a full year of community service filing tax forms for polygamous families.
#CriminalizeSobriety
Dallasfan65
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 5.48, S: -9.65

« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2015, 12:04:42 AM »

Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.
sentinel
sirnick
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -6.61

« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2015, 06:16:41 AM »

I'm against this. There is no anti clogging rule in the Northeast so even though clogging is annoying he has the right to do it. I proposed an anti clogging rule to prevent this in the future.

Plus, without Winfield, Adam woukd have far less to make a fuss about.
SWE
SomebodyWhoExists
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2015, 06:46:36 AM »

x SomebodyWhoExists
bore
YaBB God
United Kingdom

« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2015, 08:33:00 AM »

I'm against this. There is no anti clogging rule in the Northeast so even though clogging is annoying he has the right to do it. I proposed an anti clogging rule to prevent this in the future.

It's true that there's no de jure clogging law in the SOAP, but there is a de facto one, in that the speaker has discretion of what he puts in 2 out of the 3 non budget slots.

For what it's worth my favoured rules are ones with a clogging rule and no speaker discretion because that makes the speaker completely non partisan so minimises conflict on the floor.
rpryor03
Bahamas

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2015, 08:56:19 AM »

I agree with my friend SirNick.
sentinel
sirnick
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2015, 09:08:07 AM »

It's true that there's no de jure clogging law in the SOAP, but there is a de facto one, in that the speaker has discretion of what he puts in 2 out of the 3 non budget slots.

For what it's worth my favoured rules are ones with a clogging rule and no speaker discretion because that makes the speaker completely non partisan so minimises conflict on the floor.

I was under the impression that I had to put bills in slots in the order they appear on the legislation introduction thread -- so I had to go through all of Winfield's bills first before I got to another sponsor's bills. I know I accidentally skipped Thomas from NJ's bill but that was human error during the transition and I asked that he resubmit it.
bore
YaBB God
United Kingdom

« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2015, 09:36:15 AM »
« Edited: January 15, 2015, 09:56:36 AM by Senator bore »

I was under the impression that I had to put bills in slots in the order they appear on the legislation introduction thread -- so I had to go through all of Winfield's bills first before I got to another sponsor's bills. I know I accidentally skipped Thomas from NJ's bill but that was human error during the transition and I asked that he resubmit it.

Yeah, it's perfectly understandable that you wouldn't know. Before I became speaker I had a rough understanding of how the rules had worked in the past and a few times I've been doing something only to find out a few weeks later that the rules are slightly different. Its not practicable to check the rules every time you open a vote or move bills on to the floor, so it's quite possible to assume something is the case and then find out later that the rules are different.

There was never speaker discretion back in my time in the assembly so it's quite a recent change and I think it's been very rarely or not at all used, because before this session there's never been an issue with one representative stopping others getting their bills. In fact, the opposite, more often than not, has been the case Tongue
sentinel
sirnick
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2015, 09:40:59 AM »

Yeah, it's perfectly understandable that you wouldn't know. Before I became speaker I had a rough understanding of how the rules had worked in the past and a few times I've been doing something only to find out a few weeks later that the rules are slightly different. Its not practicable to check the rules every time you open a vote or move bills on to the floor, so it's quite possible to assume something is the case and then find out later that the rules are different.

There was never speaker discretion back in my time in the assembly so it's quite a recent change and I don't think it's been very rarely or not at all used, because before this session there's never been an issue with one representative stopping others getting their bills. In fact, the opposite, more often than not, has been the case Tongue

Well, Butafly did the same thing when I was Governor. He wanted to do it via an omnibus which I opposed (due to the beastiality concerns...)
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2015, 10:49:27 AM »

x Kalwejt
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2015, 11:04:05 AM »

I find this extremely ironic coming from Mr. Griffin.

In the last election for Governor, in which I was a candidate, Mr. Griffin, along with others, participated in a viscous, lying, spiteful, hateful, attack ad campaign against me.

When I confronted my attackers with a challenge that they produce one shred of evidence that I had ever said or advocated any of the things they accused me of, not one of them, including Mr. Griffin, could come up with anything, because there was nothing.  Mr. Griffin, if I recall, never responded to my challenge at all.

This recall is nothing more than a witch hunt against me because Mr. Griffin still harbors animosity towards me.

Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2015, 12:18:15 PM »

This is stupid. You're basically trying to kick someone out of office for making the game interesting.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2015, 03:21:36 PM »

X ChairmanSanchez.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #18 on: January 15, 2015, 04:51:43 PM »

I support Brother Winfield in his quest to remain in office. We all must lock arms in front of the school house and not allow this travesty to occur. The sassier a legislator, the better in my book.
Anti Democrat Democrat Club
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #19 on: January 15, 2015, 05:07:20 PM »

I support Brother Winfield in his quest to remain in office. We all must lock arms in front of the school house and not allow this travesty to occur. The sassier a legislator, the better in my book.

On the bright side, at least he can take my sass and actually dish it out to my face.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #20 on: January 15, 2015, 10:11:16 PM »
« Edited: January 15, 2015, 10:16:29 PM by Lincoln Republican »

Thank you my dear Brother Duke.

Indeed, these are times that try men's souls, but know this, be ye friend or be ye detractor, and I believe we are all friends, we just see things differently, but no matter how high the peaks to which I must ascend, no matter how low the valleys to which I must descend and struggle my way up from again, no matter how hot the sun that blisters my face, no matter how cold the north wind that lashes against my body with every step I take, no matter how deep the snow through which I must trod, no matter how hard the rain that drenches me with every powerful drop, know this, that my service has always been, and will always be, for The People.

For The People, my friends, for The People who have no voice, for The People who have nobody to speak for them, for The People who are crying out from the depths of despair, help me, oh help me, for The People who need their views to be heard.

I have heard their cries and I have heard their pleas as I have been sleeping in the evening.  I have heard their cries and I have heard their pleas as I have been walking down the sidewalk on a cool, crisp morning, crying out to me from the mists, help us, oh please help us.

To The People, you can be certain that I have heard you, you can be certain that you are always in my thoughts, and you can be certain that you will always have a voice in me.

No matter what the future may hold, no matter what the paths which I may follow, be certain, my dear friends, The People, that you can always turn to me, and I will never turn you away.        

Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies