Pope Francis on Paris Attack - "one who throws insults can expect a 'punch'" (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 11:52:00 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  Religion & Philosophy (Moderator: Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.)
  Pope Francis on Paris Attack - "one who throws insults can expect a 'punch'" (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Pope Francis on Paris Attack - "one who throws insults can expect a 'punch'"  (Read 13317 times)
TJ in Oregon
TJ in Cleve
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: 6.96

« on: January 17, 2015, 08:58:32 PM »

Though the pope left it ambiguous, I wouldn't interpret his comments as saying we should put constraints on free speech or outlaw hate speech, or criticism of religion, etc. I think he was just trying to say we should be nice to people and not insult them or mock them. This isn't any kind of break from the sorts of things he's spent pretty much his whole papacy on. If Charlie Hebdo never published a single thing against Christianity and only mocked Muslims, if Pope Francis were still asked the question, I bet he'd say pretty much the same thing.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies