How did your grandparents vote? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 07:21:31 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  U.S. Presidential Election Results (Moderator: Dereich)
  How did your grandparents vote? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: How did your grandparents vote?  (Read 16440 times)
I support Sanders
Bernie2016

« on: October 25, 2015, 10:29:52 PM »
« edited: October 25, 2015, 10:38:55 PM by I support Sanders »

My mom's parents are lifelong Democrats who both voted straight Democratic from 1960 through 2004. In 2008, my grandfather voted for McCain. He died before the 2012 election, but he supported Newt Gingrich during the primaries. I suspect my grandmother voted for Obama in 2008 and 2012, and she likes Bernie Sanders.

My dad's parents and step-parents are mostly independent, and they vote for the person they like, when they vote. My grandfather supported Reagan in the 1980s, and I have no idea how he voted since, although I suspect he leaned Republican. He claimed in 2012 that he was going to write in Ron Paul, and I know that he doesn't like George W. Bush because of the Iraq War. As for how he actually voted, I have no idea, since he doesn't talk about his votes in the past tense. He liked Marco Rubio based on his performance in the first GOP debate. His wife, my step-grandmother, is a liberal Republican from New England who voted Republican from Nixon through Bush, but then for Obama in 2008 and probably in 2012. My dad's mom is apolitical, and I don't even know if she votes. Her husband, my step-grandfather, voted for Ross Perot in 1992, Obama in 2008, and Romney in 2012.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies