How did your grandparents vote? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 05:53:43 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  U.S. Presidential Election Results (Moderator: Dereich)
  How did your grandparents vote? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: How did your grandparents vote?  (Read 16435 times)
Republican Michigander

Political Matrix
E: 5.81, S: -2.26

« on: August 15, 2015, 02:23:16 PM »

Both sides of my family are Irish Catholic. Grandparents from WWII generation. All would be in their 90's today if they were still alive. The three I knew were pro-life and that was a major issue with them.

On my mom's side:

Grandpa died before I was born. His family was staunchly old school Irish democrat with some who held public office. I assume he voted straight D or close to it. This was before Reagan, and before Roe v Wade. I have no idea how he would have voted today. I'd guess R leaning based on social issues.

Grandma switched parties after LBJ and usually voted Republican after that. Her big issue was abortion and she would not vote for someone who isn't pro-life. She despised Bill Clinton. She really liked the first Bush, but held her nose for the 2nd Bush.

On my dad's side:
Grandpa voted straight Republican although voted for JFK. I don't know if he grew up an R, but was one as long as I knew him. Bigtime Reagan fan. Knights of Columbus.

Grandma I'm not as sure about. She's from New York originally and her family liked FDR. I think she was originally a social conservative democrat, but really soured on the dems in the 80's and early 90's. I know she didn't vote for Bill Clinton at all and voted for Bush. I think she would have voted Rubio in 2016. 

Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies