How did your grandparents vote? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 02:37:29 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  U.S. Presidential Election Results (Moderator: Dereich)
  How did your grandparents vote? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: How did your grandparents vote?  (Read 16459 times)
Asian Nazi
d32123
China

« on: November 02, 2015, 07:10:38 PM »

Maternal grandparents:

Both lived on O'ahu for their entire adult lives, though my grandmother grew up on Kaua'i.  She is a second generation Okinawan-American.  I've never had the opportunity to talk politics with her, but I can only assume that she's voted Democrat if at all.  My grandfather was Chinese-American, though his family had lived in Hawaii since before the annexation.  He owned a small insurance company and was a lifelong member of the NRA, but I can only assume that he was still a Democrat (if he voted at all) because Hawai'i.

Paternal grandparents:

New York Jews, second generation.  Both grew up in Brooklyn but moved to Monmouth County, New Jersey and bought a farm after they got married.  Although they were conservative (in the religious sense) they were both straight ticket Democrats, with the exception of 1972, when they voted for Nixon. 

I'm kind of surprised at how many people compile lifetime voting records for their grandparents.   Do you guys call them up on the phone and ask them year by year which candidate they voted for? Tongue
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies