The 21st Amendment (Failed)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 07:20:08 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The 21st Amendment (Failed)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Author Topic: The 21st Amendment (Failed)  (Read 5336 times)
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: January 31, 2015, 11:47:03 AM »

AYE

Well, the point is that it would be more or less in our power to bring up the articles of impeachment, which we do now too, of course. In other words, we have no possibility to bring these articles automatically, there will always be a Senator/a person who has to introduce them, hence, I see no point in the word automatically.

I don't see the interest, sorry. At least, an automatic article of impeachment can be introduced by anyone, that's better than letting the senators the only control of that.

Technically no, as just Senators are allowed to post in the Legislative Introduction Thread. If it were you, not even the President. Wink

This is a special case the automatic article of impeachment,
Just to be sure that inactive senators are indeed "prosecuted". The senate failed to expel one of his inactive senators recently (Bacon King), that is a good argument to make sure that this is still "automatic".

Do you imagine if we have had 10 senators inactive for instance?

But how do you present the impeachment automatically? Unless you have a machine to do so, you will always need someone to do it, and just Senators are allowed to post in the Legislative Introduction Thread. You see, there is no way for us to enforce the "automatically" part, so we might just as well scrap it.
Because freedom fighters like Adam Griffin can still post "an automatic impeachment etc etc", they wouldn't be able to do so with your amendment.
bore
YaBB God
United Kingdom

« Reply #51 on: January 31, 2015, 12:28:09 PM »

I agree with Cranberry here, in that I don't see how any interpretation of the rules lets citizens post automatic impeachments in the legislation introduction thread.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #52 on: January 31, 2015, 12:35:00 PM »

I agree with Cranberry here, in that I don't see how any interpretation of the rules lets citizens post automatic impeachments in the legislation introduction thread.
Well, this is automatic. You're not going to say "Oh my god, Griffin posted in the thread, we will ignore the automatic impeachment."
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« Reply #53 on: January 31, 2015, 01:41:32 PM »

Well, this is automatic. You're not going to say "Oh my god, Griffin posted in the thread, we will ignore the automatic impeachment."

Griffin is not allowed to post in the thread, so we would have to deal as if he didn't, and yes, it would not count.
Still, even if Griffin posted it, it wouldn't be automatic, as a person had to post it first. You see where this is going? Tongue
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #54 on: January 31, 2015, 01:45:00 PM »

Griffin is not allowed to post in the thread, so we would have to deal as if he didn't, and yes, it would not count.
Still, even if Griffin posted it, it wouldn't be automatic, as a person had to post it first. You see where this is going? Tongue
It would count, bgwah opened the impeachment thread after he posted Wink.
bore
YaBB God
United Kingdom

« Reply #55 on: January 31, 2015, 02:54:17 PM »

True. Theoretically the impeachment should happen without anyone posting anything on the legislation introduction thread. But you would technically also be allowed to prosecute the civilian who posted it in the thread.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #56 on: January 31, 2015, 04:03:08 PM »

True. Theoretically the impeachment should happen without anyone posting anything on the legislation introduction thread. But you would technically also be allowed to prosecute the civilian who posted it in the thread.
Prosecute how? No penalty exists for that.
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« Reply #57 on: January 31, 2015, 04:08:06 PM »

Technically, that shouldn't count, and I would guess you would have quite an easy fight at court to appeal the decision, as the articles technically weren't even brought forward in the first place, as someone other than a Senator posted them.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #58 on: January 31, 2015, 04:12:38 PM »

Technically, that shouldn't count, and I would guess you would have quite an easy fight at court to appeal the decision, as the articles technically weren't even brought forward in the first place, as someone other than a Senator posted them.
Are you saying our great Chief Justice bgwah isn't technically doing his job? Tongue
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #59 on: January 31, 2015, 06:58:55 PM »

Nay on the amendment.
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« Reply #60 on: February 01, 2015, 03:26:20 AM »

Are you saying our great Chief Justice bgwah isn't technically doing his job? Tongue

I am saying that he technically should have ignored the articles by Griffin, yes; as he technically was not allowed to post in that thread.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #61 on: February 01, 2015, 08:35:25 AM »

Are you saying our great Chief Justice bgwah isn't technically do
doing his job? Tongue

I am saying that he technically should have ignored the articles by Griffin, yes; as he technically was not allowed to post in that thread.

This is "automatic". So, no, if he indeed sees that someone hasn't posted for at least 1 week, he can't ignore it.
Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy

« Reply #62 on: February 01, 2015, 08:50:00 AM »
« Edited: February 01, 2015, 08:54:51 AM by Senator Cris »

If I correctly understand the amendment, with it we are emphasizing that only the Senators should present the article of impeachment. I'm right?
SWE
SomebodyWhoExists
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #63 on: February 01, 2015, 03:24:43 PM »

Aye
bore
YaBB God
United Kingdom

« Reply #64 on: February 01, 2015, 05:29:31 PM »

Aye

That's a good point windjammer, and it extends more widely.

According to current atlasian law it's against the senate rules, but there is no punishment for, flooding the AFG board with threads which make it impossible for the senate to do it's job. When we do the next criminal code we should probably do something about that.
Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy

« Reply #65 on: February 02, 2015, 03:05:51 AM »

Aye

I understand both of you. As pointed out by Windjammer, the citizens should be involved in the Senate work, but at the same time, articles of impeachment should be presented by a Senator, because it's the Legislation Introduction Thread, and only Senators should post in that thread (and this is the same discourse on the President).
But I can guarantee that until I will be Senator, I will watch on the activities of Senators and I will present articles of impeachment, if it's necessary.
TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #66 on: February 02, 2015, 10:13:22 AM »

Aye
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« Reply #67 on: February 02, 2015, 11:32:50 AM »

Lol, I completely forgot that there was a vote going on.
bore
YaBB God
United Kingdom

« Reply #68 on: February 02, 2015, 02:08:08 PM »

By a vote of 5-2 cranberry's amendment has been adopted

Aye: bore, Cris, Cranberry, TNF, SWE

Nay: Windjammer, Lief

Not Voting: Polnut, Yankee, BK
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #69 on: February 03, 2015, 09:35:26 PM »
« Edited: February 03, 2015, 09:43:26 PM by Senator North Carolina Yankee »

Nay ftr

I prefer to keep the automatic part, but I would agree to add some greater degree of order to the process obviously.

And this is hardly the only "machine-oriented" action of the game. Tongue
bore
YaBB God
United Kingdom

« Reply #70 on: February 09, 2015, 01:28:10 PM »

Are we ready for a final vote here, or is there anything else to do?
Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy

« Reply #71 on: February 09, 2015, 01:29:27 PM »

I'm ready.
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« Reply #72 on: February 10, 2015, 02:51:22 AM »

Perfectly fine with me
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #73 on: February 10, 2015, 09:51:25 AM »

I will vote against this amendment. I prefer the automatic part.
bore
YaBB God
United Kingdom

« Reply #74 on: February 10, 2015, 12:00:34 PM »

Senators a final vote is now open on this amendment, please vote aye nay or abstain
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies