Opinion of the rebanning of Libertas
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 18, 2024, 09:50:59 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Opinion of the rebanning of Libertas
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Poll
Question: Opinion of the rebanning of Libertas
Freedom Banning

Horrible Banning

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 102

Author Topic: Opinion of the rebanning of Libertas  (Read 13738 times)
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: January 17, 2015, 01:37:55 AM »

lmao
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #26 on: January 17, 2015, 01:39:54 AM »

You can't stand any LGBTQA person on here that even talks to another LGBTQA person, whether it's regular conversation, joking around, or expressing our thoughts/feelings on each other. l We're being bullied for simply having fun and not being scared to hide our sexual identities. It's annoying.

Haha what? "You're a minor? You should have said that with a 'Sad' emoticon" is what passes for regular conversation with you?
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #27 on: January 17, 2015, 01:43:48 AM »

The notion that secret abandoned-building orgies are a natural expression of homosexuality is stupid and genuinely offends me.
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #28 on: January 17, 2015, 01:52:22 AM »

We're being bullied for simply having fun and not being scared to hide our sexual identities. It's annoying.

me dating a seemingly crazy guy who seemed suspiciously like a pedophile and had a creepy Hitler Youth fetish despite being Jewish and they all were telling me to break it off but I was afraid of what the consequences would be

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Oswald Acted Alone, You Kook
The Obamanation
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #29 on: January 17, 2015, 03:12:40 AM »

Freedom. He is proof of the stereotype that all homosexual males are into disgusting things and will have sex with anyone regardless of knowing them in any other since.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #30 on: January 17, 2015, 03:17:54 AM »

RR1997
United States

« Reply #31 on: January 17, 2015, 03:44:37 AM »

Neutral/lean HB.

I know that he did go too far, but I'm still going to miss him. Interesting poster.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #32 on: January 17, 2015, 04:22:59 AM »

We're being bullied for simply having fun and not being scared to hide our sexual identities. It's annoying.

me dating a seemingly crazy guy who seemed suspiciously like a pedophile and had a creepy Hitler Youth fetish despite being Jewish and they all were telling me to break it off but I was afraid of what the consequences would be

I like how specific that is; because orgies on fourth floors are too heteronormative.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #33 on: January 17, 2015, 04:45:21 AM »

Horrible Banning. Apparently all it takes to get banned anymore is people constantly quoting posts with three-letter 'S' words in them until enough mods and/or Nym notices.  If Atlas leadership were in charge of a real-life state, then it'd charge abuse victims $300 for their kits.   
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
a Person
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #34 on: January 17, 2015, 05:24:06 AM »
« Edited: January 17, 2015, 05:29:56 AM by #BanSex2015 »

hb. it's no surprise that the mods haven't given an official reasoning - any reason they might have given would be rightfully dismissed as preposterous
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« Reply #35 on: January 17, 2015, 06:01:22 AM »

Why does all the funny stuff happen when I'm asleep?
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #36 on: January 17, 2015, 06:30:44 AM »

He was given a second chance when he was allowed to return but ended up being a spammer who made almost every post about himself and his attention-whoring. I wasn't around when he got banned for the first time, but from what I have heard his behavior didn't seem to have changed at all. He also sent a creepy PM to at least one moderator so I fully understand and support the rebanning.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #37 on: January 17, 2015, 07:37:06 AM »

To a large extend, Libertas brought this upon himself. While there was some improvement from his old version, he retained essentially the same unnecessary belligerent attitude and just couldn't keep himself from escalating the whole "controversy" by reacting to every provocation by the likes of Snowstalker he should've ignored. The victim complex of some "grand conspiracy to reban him" didn't help either.

I really tried to be helpful to him, and so did the others, but he just didn't listen.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #38 on: January 17, 2015, 07:44:32 AM »

A surprising turn of events, for sure.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #39 on: January 17, 2015, 09:20:13 AM »

I haven't really followed the made over Libertas, because his act bores me, but when you manage to be let back after a ban, it's pretty stupid to push the edge again right away and return to the  high maintenance mode (particularly about off topic and personal sexual stuff). Thus he annoyed some of the Mods, but more importantly, Nym.
They put it to a vote and they just kept lying
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #40 on: January 17, 2015, 09:37:12 AM »

I couldn't care less.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #41 on: January 17, 2015, 09:40:31 AM »

I haven't really followed the made over Libertas, because his act bores me, but when you manage to be let back after a ban, it's pretty stupid to push the edge again right away and return to the  high maintenance mode

Indeed. Libertas failed to understand that, as freshly un-banned controversial poster, he is on, shall we put it, probation.
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #42 on: January 17, 2015, 09:44:39 AM »

The purge of our more sexually expressive posters continues unabated. 
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #43 on: January 17, 2015, 10:15:46 AM »

GOD BLESS NYM.
politicallefty
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -9.22

P P
« Reply #44 on: January 17, 2015, 10:21:21 AM »

Horrible. Seriously. It seems obvious to me that this ban has no real reason other than the personal dislike or moral disapproval of some. Certain posters here did nothing but create a witch-hunt and crusade against him from the moment he returned, doing nothing more than creating provocation at every possible instance. Those posters are far more deleterious to the forum community and are the ones who really should be condemned. I've always been opposed to ban petitions on principle, but I'll reconsider that position if and when certain posters come up.

It seems apparent to me that he just rubbed some posters the wrong way from the start and was never going to get a fair second chance, which I think was in no small part to him being quite open about sexual issues. Some people seem not to have lives and did nothing more than berate him about that, among other issues. He defended himself and yet, those that initiated provocation escape penalty (surely to take up another mob mentality against their next target who doesn't meet certain criteria).

I don't generally post about this kind of stuff, but I feel quite strongly that this was unjust and wrong. This forum is worse off than it was a day ago.
traininthedistance
YaBB God

« Reply #45 on: January 17, 2015, 10:32:23 AM »
« Edited: January 17, 2015, 10:34:41 AM by traininthedistance »

To a large extend, Libertas brought this upon himself. While there was some improvement from his old version, he retained essentially the same unnecessary belligerent attitude and just couldn't keep himself from escalating the whole "controversy" by reacting to every provocation by the likes of Snowstalker he should've ignored. The victim complex of some "grand conspiracy to reban him" didn't help either.

I really tried to be helpful to him, and so did the others, but he just didn't listen.

I can't speak to his old version, which I wasn't around for, but this seems about right.  Arguably the leash he was given in the first place was too tight, and I'd have been somewhat more lenient myself, but that's pretty obviously on Nym & co. rather than some imagined fever swamp "ban brigade".  

I guess you could say that his hyperventilating persecution complex turned into a self-fulfilling prophecy, as it was tres disruptive and trollish, and turned off many people (such as myself) who do genuinely believe in second chances and free expression and all that.  But that obviously shouldn't be taken as confirmation of his paranoia any more than the lack of space given to "Jews did 9/11!!!!" conspiracy theories in the media would prove, well, you know.

As for the poll itself, I'm abstaining.
TDAS04
Atlas Star
Bhutan

« Reply #46 on: January 17, 2015, 10:34:19 AM »

Terrible decision. 
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #47 on: January 17, 2015, 12:22:49 PM »
« Edited: January 17, 2015, 12:24:44 PM by Frodo »

Figures that the True Leftists would rally around Libertas.  Roll Eyes

It was a rather astute move on his part to reinvent himself as being one of them -it would ensure that they see him as one of their own, so that if he was ever re-banned, he would have a following crying for him to return.   
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #48 on: January 17, 2015, 12:27:39 PM »

Figures that the True Leftists would rally around Libertas.  Roll Eyes   

What the hell are you talking about? Noted homophobic true leftist Snowstalker is ecstatic about the banning, while people like BRTD and myself, sworn enemies of the True Leftist menace, are rightfully disgusted.
Foucaulf
« Reply #49 on: January 17, 2015, 12:28:21 PM »

The mods giveth, and the mods taketh away. Oh well.

At some point I realized he really doesn't have the type of personality that would walk away from drama and lay himself down low. He only kept digging the hole he made.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies