Would Jesus Christ have banned Libertas?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:21:50 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Would Jesus Christ have banned Libertas?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Poll
Question: Would Jesus Christ have banned Libertas?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 63

Author Topic: Would Jesus Christ have banned Libertas?  (Read 6132 times)
memphis
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: January 18, 2015, 01:46:13 PM »

Nah, but he would go and tell Libertas to go and sin no more.

#praythegayaway
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #26 on: January 18, 2015, 01:49:09 PM »

Sure thing

they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #27 on: January 18, 2015, 03:21:07 PM »

Amazing how Oldiesfreak gets it and so many others don't.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #28 on: January 18, 2015, 04:34:07 PM »

Way to stick an agenda onto a harmless and applicable answer that could be applied to anyone here.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #29 on: January 19, 2015, 01:57:38 AM »

OK Simfan and DC, here's the gist I'm getting from what you say: You can't be a liberal Christian.

Because of course I wouldn't go to a conservative church. The same way all those conservative evangelical types obviously don't go to progressive SJW churches either. Is any of that surprising?

But was far as being an extension of my subculture, if that was true then I'd be an atheist. After all the composition of the scene is probably like:

50% atheist/agnostic
25% "spiritual but not religious"
25% Christian

(with of course less than 1% being Catholic or specifically tied to any type of traditional or very well defined church obviously.)

However here is something that I find incomprehenisible, and that's that someone is more sincere if they just stick in whatever they were raised in and continue on inertia. I mean there's the reason the term "zeal of a convert" exists. Common sense kind of dictates that if you have a church where basically everyone there is a convert because it's so new no one could be raised in it such people would probably be more sincere than any traditionalist one with ethnic connotations and all that. Especially considering the high amount who convert from the latter to the former...the video isn't up anymore but there used to be one on my church's website with various people who were about to be baptized giving testimonials, and some girl talked about how she was raised Catholic and after being confirmed her parents agreed to let her make the choice to keep going to church or stop, and she chose to stop. But then after college she realized how much love God had for her and how she became changed by Jesus Christ and all that talk. Now it's hard to argue someone like that is not sincere, but someone who clings to whatever religion is affiliated with their upbringing and ethnicity out of habit is. And in a sense there is a similarity to my subculture there: You can't ever say people in the scene aren't sincere or dedicated about things. And I think that's were the correlation comes from, since they don't really halfass ANYTHING if anyone's a Christian it's not going to be on sheer intertia and habit.
World politics is up Schmitt creek
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #30 on: January 19, 2015, 06:03:30 AM »

I mean I went to a church where the final Advent service was based around a girl reading the thoughts of Mary in a style as if Mary posted on Tumblr.

That sounds...conceptually really interesting, actually, but more appropriate for a religious art project than for an actual church service.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #31 on: January 19, 2015, 01:20:02 PM »

Yes, he probably would ban Libby.  It's not like getting banned from the Atlas Forum is getting banned from entering the pearly gates, so sure.  He was human after all.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #32 on: January 19, 2015, 05:32:29 PM »

I mean I went to a church where the final Advent service was based around a girl reading the thoughts of Mary in a style as if Mary posted on Tumblr.

That sounds...conceptually really interesting, actually, but more appropriate for a religious art project than for an actual church service.

Well consider the lack of a set liturgy allows for a lot more freedom in just doing whatever. But still a lot more focus on Mary than you'd expect from such a Low Protestant church.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #33 on: January 19, 2015, 07:38:03 PM »

The two preceding posts are very apt and if BRTD had any sense he'd listen to them.

This thread reveals the extent to which BRTD's faith is a mere extension of his subculture; this is apparent whenever he brags about how church for him merely serves to affirm a "progressive and SJW" outlook. There's very little faith in it and lots of superficiality and socio-political affirmation.

In other words, what kind of meaningfully religious person would feel comfortable posting such frivolous nonsense?

This
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #34 on: January 23, 2015, 07:34:38 AM »

OK Simfan and DC, here's the gist I'm getting from what you say: You can't be a liberal Christian.

Because of course I wouldn't go to a conservative church. The same way all those conservative evangelical types obviously don't go to progressive SJW churches either. Is any of that surprising?

But was far as being an extension of my subculture, if that was true then I'd be an atheist. After all the composition of the scene is probably like:

50% atheist/agnostic
25% "spiritual but not religious"
25% Christian

(with of course less than 1% being Catholic or specifically tied to any type of traditional or very well defined church obviously.)

However here is something that I find incomprehenisible, and that's that someone is more sincere if they just stick in whatever they were raised in and continue on inertia. I mean there's the reason the term "zeal of a convert" exists. Common sense kind of dictates that if you have a church where basically everyone there is a convert because it's so new no one could be raised in it such people would probably be more sincere than any traditionalist one with ethnic connotations and all that. Especially considering the high amount who convert from the latter to the former...the video isn't up anymore but there used to be one on my church's website with various people who were about to be baptized giving testimonials, and some girl talked about how she was raised Catholic and after being confirmed her parents agreed to let her make the choice to keep going to church or stop, and she chose to stop. But then after college she realized how much love God had for her and how she became changed by Jesus Christ and all that talk. Now it's hard to argue someone like that is not sincere, but someone who clings to whatever religion is affiliated with their upbringing and ethnicity out of habit is. And in a sense there is a similarity to my subculture there: You can't ever say people in the scene aren't sincere or dedicated about things. And I think that's were the correlation comes from, since they don't really halfass ANYTHING if anyone's a Christian it's not going to be on sheer intertia and habit.

I don't think you get it. The point is rather that for you religion is like wearing a band t-shirt. The way you treat it makes it clear that there is no spirituality or philosophical depth or anything to it. Sure, that may be true for some brainwashed conservative Christians as well. But that doesn't make you any better than them.
traininthedistance
YaBB God

« Reply #35 on: January 23, 2015, 10:31:34 AM »

Here's a question for you, BRTD:

Would Jesus Christ have banned NYJew?
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #36 on: January 23, 2015, 10:41:46 AM »

Well seeing as how NY Jew was actually kind of a literal modern day example of the Pharisees, and how He always engaged them and never attacked them and always responded in love, no.
Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #37 on: January 23, 2015, 11:56:46 AM »

Jesus's love and forgiveness is only so infinite, you know?
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #38 on: July 27, 2015, 10:36:52 PM »

Ouch. Sad
TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #39 on: July 28, 2015, 12:44:19 AM »

Probably. He is a gay after all, and Christ was all about sending gays to the Lake of Fire and all that jazz.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #40 on: July 28, 2015, 12:55:19 AM »

Probably. He is a gay after all, and Christ was all about sending gays to the Lake of Fire and all that jazz.

In which verse does Jesus condemn gays?
Fuzzybigfoot
YaBB God
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #41 on: July 28, 2015, 01:02:11 AM »

Unlike some bland automatons, Jesus probably wouldn't spend all his time trolling the community board for people he could make fun of.   
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #42 on: July 28, 2015, 02:12:35 AM »

Jesus would probably be banned after the first time he advised someone to cut their hands off in order to prevent themselves from trolling.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies