Would Jesus Christ have banned Libertas? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 12:27:52 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Would Jesus Christ have banned Libertas? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Would Jesus Christ have banned Libertas?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 63

Author Topic: Would Jesus Christ have banned Libertas?  (Read 6240 times)
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« on: January 17, 2015, 01:52:48 AM »

Consider this the sequel to this: https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=138934.0

But anyway no He would not have.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2015, 02:06:58 AM »

Jesus returned to the Mount of Olives, but early the next morning he logged back on the forum. A crowd soon gathered in IRC and he started posting with them. As he was typing, the moderators of the forum and the ban brigade brought a woman who had been caught in the act of trolling. They put her in front of the forum.

"Teacher,” they said to Jesus, “this woman was caught in the act of trolling. The site's Terms of Service says to ban her. What do you say?”

They were trying to trap him into saying something they could use against him, but Jesus stooped down and started playing Candy Crush on his phone. They kept demanding an answer, so he posted again and said, “All right, but let the one who is without infraction cast the first death point!" Then he stooped down again and played some more Candy Crush.

When the accusers read this, they started logging off one by one, beginning with the oldest, until only Jesus was on the forum with the woman. Then Jesus started posting again and said to the woman, “Where are your accusers? Didn’t even one of them condemn you?”

“No, Lord,” she said.

And Jesus said, “Neither do I. Go and troll no more.”
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2015, 03:20:31 PM »

I fail to see how applying what Jesus would do in a modern context is blasphemous or anything. I mean I went to a church where the final Advent service was based around a girl reading the thoughts of Mary in a style as if Mary posted on Tumblr. Also even Pope Francis seems to have no problem quoting on the relevance of the teachings of Jesus to the modern day.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2015, 03:21:07 PM »

Amazing how Oldiesfreak gets it and so many others don't.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2015, 01:57:38 AM »

OK Simfan and DC, here's the gist I'm getting from what you say: You can't be a liberal Christian.

Because of course I wouldn't go to a conservative church. The same way all those conservative evangelical types obviously don't go to progressive SJW churches either. Is any of that surprising?

But was far as being an extension of my subculture, if that was true then I'd be an atheist. After all the composition of the scene is probably like:

50% atheist/agnostic
25% "spiritual but not religious"
25% Christian

(with of course less than 1% being Catholic or specifically tied to any type of traditional or very well defined church obviously.)

However here is something that I find incomprehenisible, and that's that someone is more sincere if they just stick in whatever they were raised in and continue on inertia. I mean there's the reason the term "zeal of a convert" exists. Common sense kind of dictates that if you have a church where basically everyone there is a convert because it's so new no one could be raised in it such people would probably be more sincere than any traditionalist one with ethnic connotations and all that. Especially considering the high amount who convert from the latter to the former...the video isn't up anymore but there used to be one on my church's website with various people who were about to be baptized giving testimonials, and some girl talked about how she was raised Catholic and after being confirmed her parents agreed to let her make the choice to keep going to church or stop, and she chose to stop. But then after college she realized how much love God had for her and how she became changed by Jesus Christ and all that talk. Now it's hard to argue someone like that is not sincere, but someone who clings to whatever religion is affiliated with their upbringing and ethnicity out of habit is. And in a sense there is a similarity to my subculture there: You can't ever say people in the scene aren't sincere or dedicated about things. And I think that's were the correlation comes from, since they don't really halfass ANYTHING if anyone's a Christian it's not going to be on sheer intertia and habit.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2015, 05:32:29 PM »

I mean I went to a church where the final Advent service was based around a girl reading the thoughts of Mary in a style as if Mary posted on Tumblr.

That sounds...conceptually really interesting, actually, but more appropriate for a religious art project than for an actual church service.

Well consider the lack of a set liturgy allows for a lot more freedom in just doing whatever. But still a lot more focus on Mary than you'd expect from such a Low Protestant church.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2015, 10:41:46 AM »

Well seeing as how NY Jew was actually kind of a literal modern day example of the Pharisees, and how He always engaged them and never attacked them and always responded in love, no.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2015, 10:36:52 PM »

Ouch. Sad
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2015, 12:55:19 AM »

Probably. He is a gay after all, and Christ was all about sending gays to the Lake of Fire and all that jazz.

In which verse does Jesus condemn gays?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies