Windjammer for Mideast Senate (Thank you)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 05:33:51 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Windjammer for Mideast Senate (Thank you)
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Windjammer for Mideast Senate (Thank you)  (Read 2223 times)
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 17, 2015, 03:12:58 PM »
« edited: February 23, 2015, 07:54:52 AM by Mideast Senator windjammer »

Hey everyone,
I would like to announce that I'm running for reelection.

I have quite enjoyed my job of representing the  Mideast, I have good relations with my senate colleagues. I wasn't sure if I could run for reelection because of real life, but finally, I know I can Smiley.

What I have done as a senator:
-I sponsored many piece of legislation relating to game reforms, the constitution, and workers right. Some of them failed, like the Increase Activity Amendment, some of them passed, like the Protecting people from explosives, and some of them haven't been debated yet (like Tips and Gratuities Act,...)
-I voted as well against the massive cuts in social security and voted in favor of union friendly bills.
I believe I have been an active senator and I have always tried to participate the most I can in the senate threads.

What I plan to do as senator:
I plan to still be on the side of workers and I will try to continue to improve their conditions. I will continue to work with the other senators and the president/vice president in order to improve the life of our dear atlasian citizens. And finally, I plan to work with the other senators and the active forces of this game to reform Atlasia. I read some good ideas of reform, like replacing At large senate seats by senate districts seats and I hope I will have the chance to discuss this idea during the next session. But of course, that will be the choice of Mideasterners Smiley.

More to come soon
Boston Bread
New Canadaland
YaBB God
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -5.00, S: -5.00

« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2015, 08:13:14 PM »

Call me the first to endorse you!
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2015, 08:22:11 PM »

and I will be second! (and fill the ballot in correctly this time)
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2015, 03:04:54 AM »

Good luck man!
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2015, 07:25:27 PM »

Thank you all for your kind words Smiley.

I would like to congratulate tmthforu/TDAS04 on their reelection as Governor/Lt Governor.
I would like to congratulate Crabcake, New Canadaland, Hatman, JCL and shua on their victory Smiley.
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
a Person
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2015, 03:25:25 AM »

you have my endorsement too fwiw
SWE
SomebodyWhoExists
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2015, 09:32:01 AM »

Endorsed!
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2015, 06:55:08 PM »

Senator,

I would greatly appreciate it if you would answer the following questions for the Mideast Record-Courier:

1) What, in your opinion, is the greatest accomplishment of your time in the Senate?
2) How do you feel about your chances in the upcoming Regional Senate Election?
3) Assuming you are reelected, what will your first priority be for your second term?

Thanks,
-HST
TDAS04
Atlas Star
Bhutan

« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2015, 07:18:25 PM »

Endorsed!
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2015, 07:03:38 PM »

Endorsed of course!
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2015, 10:27:24 PM »

Endorsed
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2015, 07:09:10 PM »

Thank you for all this support.

1)   What, in your opinion, is the greatest accomplishment of your time in the Senate?
The greatest accomplishment of my time in the Senate is obviously the Atlasian Universal Education Bill. This bill reduced substantially the cost of studies for every  student. This is a major improvement for Atlasia, that’s indeed unacceptable that people were still forced to pay their “student loans” many years after having graduated. Education has always been a critical issue for me (ie: when I was Midwest Governor, I sponsored and signed a bill reducing by 95% the cost of tuition fees ), that’s why the Atlasian  Universal Education Bill is according to me the greated accomplishment. I’m proud to have voted for this bill  with the other Labor and TPP senators, and I thank President Lumine for having signed this bill.
2)   How do you feel about your chances in the upcoming Regional Senate Election?
This race will be extremely difficult to win. Spiral is someone I like personally and considering his strong ties with the ME right, he will probably manage to unite them behind his candidacy. This should be extremely close, but right now, I would say I would trail him by 2-3  votes if the election were held today.
I love campaigning and whatever the result I will obviously respect the choice of Mideasterners.

3)   Assuming you are reelected, what will your first priority be for your second term?
Some of the bills I introduced during my first term haven’t been debated yet and I guess they will be debated during the next session. “Tips and Gratuities Preservation” :
You must be logged in to read this quote.

The Midwest, the Northeast and the South passed a similar bill last year. But unfortunately, no such bill passed the Pacific, and it was rejected in the Mideast recently
I believe this is important that employees are protected from this potential situation. Indeed, if someone gives them Tips or gratuities, it means they believe this employee made a wonderful job and they wanted to reward him. If they wanted to to reward the employer, they would have given tips directly. Every employee deserves to keep his tips.

The other piece of legislation I have introduced and that hasn’t been debated yet:
You must be logged in to read this quote.

I simply believe in freedom of religion and in freedom of exercising a religion. As a proud Christian, I didn’t have the choice to work on Sunday  in Summer, not allowing me to duly exercise my religion. I would like to allow Mideasterners to be able not to work on Sunday for religious reasons.

My biggest senate work if I’m reelected will likely be writing an important bill for workers having disabilities (l’m not sure if this is the good term, so some examples: someone who is blind for example). Atlasia doesn’t have specific legislations for helping these people to find a job. And this is sad because they really need that (for obvious reasons!).
The other big issue will be obviously game reform. I’m working with Senator Cris on giving duties for the VP for example. I believe senate districts are a good idea and need to be debated.  I will consider as well to run for Speaker if I’m reelected.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2015, 07:54:37 AM »
« Edited: February 23, 2015, 08:10:52 AM by Mideast Senator windjammer »

Thank you so much Mideasterners!!!!!! I'm really honoured to have been reelected for a second term.
It would be a lie to say that this race wasn't deeply negative. It was. But still, I don't blame Spiral for this negative campaign because he was simply not responsible from that. He PMed me, conceding the race and I wish him well. While I agree with him on nothing, I genuinely like him and I know he's a good guy.
Now I guess, it's time to thank people? Tongue
Well, so I would like to thank:
-the Mideasterners obviously
- every people who supported me (Truman, DemPGH, New Canadaland, Nagas, Lief, TDAS04, Mormdem and many others,...)
- Bore, BK, Cranberry, Talleyrand, TNF, Hagrid  for their victory.
- And finally my good friend Adam Griffin for having convinced me to run again and for having constantly defended me during this campaign.

I know this isn"t a great speech, but I'm deeply sick irl (I have the flu). So I hope you understand why I'm not creative Tongue.
Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy

« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2015, 08:24:15 AM »

Congratulations, Senator! Smiley
TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2015, 09:31:06 AM »

Congrats on your second term as a Labor Senator from the Mideast.
Boston Bread
New Canadaland
YaBB God
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -5.00, S: -5.00

« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2015, 11:27:17 AM »

I knew you could do it! Here's to a speedy recovery of your health.
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2015, 01:00:49 PM »

Congrats on winning a second term in my ancestral homeland!
TDAS04
Atlas Star
Bhutan

« Reply #17 on: February 23, 2015, 03:32:48 PM »

Congrats! Smiley
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #18 on: February 23, 2015, 07:42:21 PM »

Congrats Windjammer. I will be watching the senate and who knows maybe the Mideast will have us representing it again soon.
SWE
SomebodyWhoExists
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #19 on: February 23, 2015, 08:17:42 PM »

Congratulations, Senator!
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #20 on: February 23, 2015, 08:18:30 PM »

Congrats man!
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #21 on: February 23, 2015, 09:14:28 PM »

Huzzah!
Türkisblau
H_Wallace
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #22 on: February 24, 2015, 07:57:39 AM »
« Edited: February 24, 2015, 08:03:17 AM by Pacific Speaker Türkisblau »

I am saddened and distressed that a letter bomb, although ultimately unsuccessful, was sent to your Capitol office. However, I am thankful that no one was seriously injured or shutter killed.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #23 on: February 24, 2015, 09:26:43 AM »

Congrats on your second term as a Labor Senator from the Mideast.

I knew you could do it! Here's to a speedy recovery of your health.

Congrats on winning a second term in my ancestral homeland!

Congrats Windjammer. I will be watching the senate and who knows maybe the Mideast will have us representing it again soon.

Thank you Cheesy.

--------------------------

Lol.

I am saddened and distressed that a letter bomb, although ultimately unsuccessful, was sent to your Capitol office. However, I am thankful that no one was seriously injured or shutter killed.
Thak you for your kind words turkishblau. This isn't surprising though, considering how negative the campaign was.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #24 on: February 24, 2015, 10:20:22 AM »

Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies