Conservatives Wont Care About Losing
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 05:27:07 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Conservatives Wont Care About Losing
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Conservatives Wont Care About Losing  (Read 4759 times)
Bojack Horseman
Wolverine22
YaBB God
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: January 18, 2015, 08:42:25 AM »

Anyone else looking forward to the GOP debates turning into a reality show again?
hopper
United States

« Reply #26 on: January 18, 2015, 03:57:20 PM »

Anyone else looking forward to the GOP debates turning into a reality show again?
I'm sure the primary will have its "reality show" moments but not like 2012 when most of the primary was a reality show as you put it or like SNL skits as I put it. I am also sure the media will pay close attention to the Republican Primary since the Dem Nomination is a for gone conclusion(i.e. Hillary.)
hopper
United States

« Reply #27 on: January 18, 2015, 04:18:36 PM »

Because America, has become like other European countries, a secular democracy and support centrist Democrats for president.

And conservatives have no choice but to compete eventhough they wont win.  And the tea party and establishment wing division ever since Sarah Palin VP debacle, is further widening.
Let me go further into your post...

Sarah Palin when she was a VP candidate was just known as "Governor Of Alaska" or McCain's running mate. She wasn't connected to the Tea Party in any way back in 2008 when she was McCain's running mate.

The Tea Party was nationally known till April of 2009 on tax day of that year.

Your post sounds like early to mid 2012 not 2014-early 2015. In my opinion The Tea Party is the Republicans version of the late 60's Dem anti-war left. It lasted a few years than ran out of steam. Usually fringe or fringe political movements last a few years and than die out. The media is usually a couple years behind on that.

Sarah Palin was from the religous right, or social conservatives. Most Tea Party candidates fall into these positions (Jindal, Cruz etc). But really Palin just showed that VP choices only matter if you pick a crap one.

I'd disagree about the tea party=anti-war left. The tea Party have had much more success than the anti-war left, and has split up it's support for 2016. That's why the Tea Party is going to fail-it can't unite around one candidate. Rubio is weak, Cruz is an extremist, Paul isn't a Hawk, Carson is Carson and Walker is too bland
The Tea Party may have got its preferred candidates elected with Cruz, Paul, and Rubio but they were all elected in either the 2010 and 2012 election cycles. What did the Tea Party do in 2014? Nothing really. You are right about your assesments in the 3 of the 4 candidates that you named.  I don't have an opinion on Carson either way since he has not been a candidate for any major office yet and we have not seen him yet in a debate setting. However I think Walker can unite the party if he were to get the nomination. Yeah he is a little boring but is Hillary that much more exciting than Walker?

bobloblaw
« Reply #28 on: January 18, 2015, 04:40:52 PM »

Because America, has become like other European countries, a secular democracy and support centrist Democrats for president.

And conservatives have no choice but to compete eventhough they wont win.  And the tea party and establishment wing division ever since Sarah Palin VP debacle, is further widening.

The USA is hardly Europe. In any sense. Europe is dying, literally.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies