2008 Nationwide Precinct Map Project - (Mostly) Complete! (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 08:39:32 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Geography & Demographics (Moderators: muon2, 100% pro-life no matter what)
  2008 Nationwide Precinct Map Project - (Mostly) Complete! (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 2008 Nationwide Precinct Map Project - (Mostly) Complete!  (Read 25899 times)
Bandit3 the Worker
Populist3
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -10.00, S: -9.92

« on: January 22, 2015, 10:58:36 AM »

Obama didn't win ANY precincts in Jefferson City MO? For a central city - especially a state capital - that's humiliating.
Bandit3 the Worker
Populist3
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2015, 12:53:30 AM »

Well this was interesting. I draw maps of neighborhoods in my area, and I try to show which candidate won each precinct - in addition to other features, such as roads, bike routes, major buildings, elevations, parks, etc. I have noticed that there's nowhere to find Kentucky precinct shapefiles, so I've had to use QGIS to create and edit my own shapefile. I just use a purple dotted line for the precinct lines.
Bandit3 the Worker
Populist3
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2015, 01:06:12 AM »

I know the Kentucky precinct lines have changed just since 2008. In my county, for example, they carved out a new precinct called Fort Thomas T, which is uninhabited. This was so the Democratic parts of the county could be linked along precinct lines, allowing the Republican parts of the county to poke up between them.
Bandit3 the Worker
Populist3
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2015, 02:00:20 PM »

Good news!  Adam Griffin successfully obtained the missing KY shapefile from the relevant KY authority.  So I can add KY to the maps.  Would you prefer I add KY to the Southeast regional Google Maps (where it probably belongs) or the Great Lakes map so that we can see the Cincinnati metro in full?

I consider Kentucky part of the Midwest, not the South.

But the neo-Confederates like Jamie Comer, Matt Bevin, Rand Paul, and Mitch McConnell who are trying to take over may beg to differ.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies