Describe a potential Obama 2012/Romney 2016 Voter
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 01:12:12 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Describe a potential Obama 2012/Romney 2016 Voter
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Describe a potential Obama 2012/Romney 2016 Voter  (Read 2782 times)
Linus Van Pelt

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: January 19, 2015, 05:59:21 PM »

My mother and stepfather. They both love Reagan, Clinton, and Dubya. Both voted for Obama. But Obamacare has indirectly negatively affected their lives, and both aren't crazy about Hillary. They told me under a Romney/Hillary race, this time they'd vote for Mitt. Two extra Ohio votes for him, meh.

I thought you said this before 2012 that they switched? Did they go back to Obama at the last minute?

Yes I too read this and thought, "surely all the Democratic voters Reaganfan knows have already switched, given all the threads he made about them in previous elections".

Democrats of Reaganfan's acquaintance seem to be like the heads of the Hydra: every time you knock off one, three more appear.
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #26 on: January 19, 2015, 08:50:23 PM »

My mother and stepfather. They both love Reagan, Clinton, and Dubya. Both voted for Obama. But Obamacare has indirectly negatively affected their lives, and both aren't crazy about Hillary. They told me under a Romney/Hillary race, this time they'd vote for Mitt. Two extra Ohio votes for him, meh.

I thought you said this before 2012 that they switched? Did they go back to Obama at the last minute?

Yes I too read this and thought, "surely all the Democratic voters Reaganfan knows have already switched, given all the threads he made about them in previous elections".

Democrats of Reaganfan's acquaintance seem to be like the heads of the Hydra: every time you knock off one, three more appear.

My mother does not like Romney. But she cannot stand Hillary. Thus, she would hold her nose and vote for Romney in a Romney vs. Clinton race. She told me last week she likes Jeb, but she is hoping for Christie. As am I, by the way.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #27 on: January 19, 2015, 08:55:46 PM »

My mother does not like Romney. But she cannot stand Hillary. Thus, she would hold her nose and vote for Romney in a Romney vs. Clinton race. She told me last week she likes Jeb, but she is hoping for Christie. As am I, by the way.

Your family seems to be filled with people who are not incredibly politically engaged, yet somehow end up giving you monthly updates, handicapping their votes in the next presidential race.  We get a steady stream of posts from you along the lines of "I talked to my second cousin last week, and she said that her order of preference would be Jim Webb, Mike Huckabee, Jeb Bush….etc."
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #28 on: January 19, 2015, 09:01:54 PM »

Your family seems to be filled with people who are not incredibly politically engaged, yet somehow end up giving you monthly updates, handicapping their votes in the next presidential race.  We get a steady stream of posts from you along the lines of "I talked to my second cousin last week, and she said that her order of preference would be Jim Webb, Mike Huckabee, Jeb Bush….etc."

Because I talk politics with them.
PulaskiSkywayDriver
Rookie

« Reply #29 on: January 19, 2015, 11:18:10 PM »

Most likely blue collar Midwesterners. Yes Hillary will have an entree into that group too but that will be the biggest group any Republican running in 2016 will focus on.
DS0816
« Reply #30 on: January 19, 2015, 11:22:22 PM »

Mitt Romney won't win the 2016 presidential nomination from the Republican Party.
morgieb
Junior Chimp
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -8.70

« Reply #31 on: January 22, 2015, 03:00:19 AM »

1. Conservative-leaning blacks.
2. Misogonists who otherwise lean left.
3. Affluent gays
4. Perhaps the more politically aware voter who thinks Romney and Obama are good people but don't trust the Clintons.
5. Those who have become more fed up with the status quo and want change.
H. Ross Peron
General Mung Beans
Junior Chimp
Korea, Republic of

Political Matrix
E: -6.58, S: -1.91

« Reply #32 on: January 22, 2015, 03:05:48 AM »

Some upper-middle class, self-proclaimed Moderate Hero who voted for Obama for his seemingly postpartisan nature but won't vote for Hillary since she's too aggressive and partisan in her campaigning or whatever
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #33 on: January 22, 2015, 08:00:31 AM »

Bushie
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #34 on: January 22, 2015, 10:00:47 AM »

How do we know he won't switch to Hillary at the last second?
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies