The Wrestling Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 12:42:55 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  The Wrestling Thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Wrestling Thread  (Read 5593 times)
Citizen (The) Doctor
ArchangelZero
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.52

« on: January 25, 2015, 02:57:08 AM »

I'm going to go with John Cena/Daniel Bryan at WrestleMania with John Cena turning heel this Sunday as the Authority dump Rollins for Cena. I know its not going to happen but I just want to see it happen.
Citizen (The) Doctor
ArchangelZero
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2015, 01:59:00 PM »

SPOILER ALERT?

Apparently The Rock is in Philly.

Rock/Lesnar then. Which means someone else walks away with the title.
Citizen (The) Doctor
ArchangelZero
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2015, 10:49:04 PM »

That crowd s[inks] on that match so hard.
Citizen (The) Doctor
ArchangelZero
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2015, 05:18:59 AM »

I thought Justin left? And the way he did it pissed off a lot of people backstage?
Citizen (The) Doctor
ArchangelZero
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2015, 07:19:50 PM »

If anyone has been reading the dirtsheets, apparently (HUGE POSSIBLE SPOILER) the WM main event has been changed to Reigns v. Bryan v. Lesnar.
Citizen (The) Doctor
ArchangelZero
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2015, 05:59:17 PM »

By the way, I'll also be going to a WWE Live Event (aka house show) next Friday at Madison Square Garden with a bunch of my friends from work. It's being billed as "Hulk Hogan Appreciation Night". I'll let you guys know how it is.

That sounds great! I'm actually picking up my WrestleMania ticket from my friend tomorrow at a showing of Fast Lane. Our university's professional wrestling club is going together since its only about an hour away.
Citizen (The) Doctor
ArchangelZero
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2015, 05:09:33 AM »

LeBron, I do own WWE 2K15, but I have it on X-Box 360. It's definitely a fun game to just pick up and play. I hope they expand the "universe" mode in it next time around though. That could be a really cool mode but it needs some work.

By the way, I'll also be going to a WWE Live Event (aka house show) next Friday at Madison Square Garden with a bunch of my friends from work. It's being billed as "Hulk Hogan Appreciation Night". I'll let you guys know how it is.

That sounds great! I'm actually picking up my WrestleMania ticket from my friend tomorrow at a showing of Fast Lane. Our university's professional wrestling club is going together since its only about an hour away.

Wow, your university has professional wrestling club? Interesting. What do you guys do exactly? Just watch and chat about wrestling?

That's awesome though, have fun!

I go to UC Berkeley. My friend teaches a course called Between the Ropes, which has to do with analysis of the business, various story tropes, gender representation, etc. He was actually featured in PWI for it which was really cool. We have meetings, go to local indy shows, watch PPVs on campus, listen to talks (there's actually a former contestant from Tough Enough that we've had guest lecture a couple times since he works in Berkeley) -- I usually don't attend as much as I get really busy with other things, but it's pretty fun.
Citizen (The) Doctor
ArchangelZero
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2015, 05:08:53 AM »

It was. I'm confused what the plan is from here. This RTWM seems so....underwhelming.
Citizen (The) Doctor
ArchangelZero
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2015, 09:42:15 PM »

So it's almost time for Wrestlemania. I can't say I'm super-excited for it...

I'm actually going to be there and I have to agree. Supposedly it's possible for Brock to keep the belt though, which I don't necessarily mind.
Citizen (The) Doctor
ArchangelZero
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2015, 12:46:18 PM »

Scenario #1 we see Reigns win clean and all hell breaks loose turning him into a heel the next day.

Scenario #2 Reigns wins by effectively turning heel, turning Lesnar face.

Scenario #3 Lesnar wins despite Reigns turning heel.

Scenario #4 Lesnar wins and Reigns stays face.

What's the most palatable scenario at this point?
Citizen (The) Doctor
ArchangelZero
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2015, 11:04:56 PM »

Welp, the day has come. Final predictions?
Citizen (The) Doctor
ArchangelZero
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2015, 04:47:35 PM »

Finally here, hot as all hell. Got to see Booker T.
Citizen (The) Doctor
ArchangelZero
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2015, 08:56:16 PM »

They're stalling so hard for the sun to set so the Taker-Wyatt match can work in the dark.
Citizen (The) Doctor
ArchangelZero
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2015, 02:07:36 PM »

I'm glad Rollins is the champ. Lesnar retaining and then not showing to defend the title again until Summerslam would have been pretty ridiculous and hardly anybody wanted Reigns to win at this point. Don't you have to pin the champ when you cash in though? Has someone cashing in ever turned a singles match into a triple-threat match before or are they just making up new rules on the fly again?

This was the first time someone cashed in during a match, but triple-threat rules mean anyone can be pinned for the match to be won.

Had a lot of fun last night as WrestleMania, amazing to see Taker back. I felt like everything was a bit slow (like really slow), but perhaps that was simply because watching it in-person gives a different feeling.

I'll expound more on my thoughts later but I'll say one thing -- Reigns was squashed and squashed hard. He might've kicked out of three F-5s, but my god, it was bad. We were starting to feel sorry for him. Crowd was ridiculously against Reigns though, they really drove a knife into him.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies