2016 - Reality
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 08:05:42 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  2016 - Reality
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 2016 - Reality  (Read 3158 times)
dudeabides
Tuvalu
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 18, 2015, 11:02:48 PM »

January 24, 2015 - O'Malley declares Presidential Bid

BALTIMORE, MD - Martin O'Malley, Former Governor of Maryland, announced his intention to seek the 2016 Democratic Presidential Nomination. "Today, I announce that I am a candidate for President of the United States. I do so understanding full well that I am a longshot for the highest office in the land. I believe our country must come together to lift people out of poverty, provide health care for every single American, and make college affordable for every single American. I also believe that once and for all, we must tell our gay brothers and sisters that they can marry" O'Malley told supporters.

January 28, 2015 - Ben Carson running for President

BALTIMORE, MD - Dr. Ben Carson declared his intention to seek the Republican Presidential Nomination in 2016. "We the people are tired of the politicians and we want to return power to the people and values to the institutions of government and our entire country" Carson declared.

February 2, 2015 - Jindal launches 2016 Presidential Bid

BATON ROUGE, LA - Governor of Louisiana Bobby Jindal declared his intention to seek the 2016 Republican Presidential Nomination. "Barack Obama and Washington politicians have increased the size of government, declared war on our religious liberty, and they have conducted a foreign policy without purpose. I believe in the free market, the right of individuals to practice their faith untouched by the hand of Washington D.C., and I believe in American exceptionalism not just as a concept, but as reality" Jindal stated.

February 17, 2015 - Santorum launches 2016 Presidential Exploratory Committee

WASHINGTON D.C. - In a youtube video, Former U.S. Senator Rick Santorum (R-PA) announced the formation of a presidential exploratory committee. "Ordinary Americans deserve an effective leader who will fight for their interests. In the U.S. Senate, I led the fight for welfare reform, health care savings accounts, and tax cuts. As President, I will fight for good paying jobs, a revitalization of the manufacturing sector, a tax policy that encourages job growth, and decent wages for American workers" Santorum stated.

March 1, 2015 - Jeb Bush announces 2016 Presidential Bid

MIAMI, FL - Former Governor of Florida Jeb Bush announced he was entering the 2016 Presidential Race to a crowd of supporters. "I'm running for President because I know that working together, America can achieve great things. But, Washington has been bogged down in dysfunction, unable to work on solutions to help solve our challenges. I know that working together, we can again have a growing economy, an immigration system that helps grow our economy, an education system which puts students ahead of bureaucrats, and we can restore America's standing in the world" Bush remarked.

March 10, 2015 - Christie formally enters Presidential Race

EAST BRUNSWICK, NJ - Governor of New Jersey Chris Christie declared he would be a candidate for President of the United States. "Here in New Jersey, Republicans and Democrats have worked together to provide record funding for our schools, criminal justice reform which denies bail to violent offenders while offering treatment to victims of addiction, and we have done so while holding the line on taxes and shrinking the size of government. I'm proud of the New Jersey comeback, and now is a time for a comeback for America" Christie stated.

March 12, 2015 - Webb running for President

RICHMOND, VA - Former U.S. Senator Jim Webb declared his intention to seek the 2016 Democratic Presidential Nomination. "I have the experience to lead this country in an unpredictable world. I know that to defeat our enemies, we must be aggressive abroad, but we need to rebuild our core here at home. That means reforming our tax code so corporations no longer have an incentive to ship jobs overseas. It means raising our minimum wage and supporting tax credits for companies that hire people off of government assistance. It means investing in education and infrastructure improvements" Webb stated.

March 21, 2015 - Scott Walker to seek Republican Presidential Nomination

MADISON, WI - Governor of Wisconsin Scott Walker announced he would seek his party's presidential nomination in 2016. "I know that we need a pro-growth agenda to help lift people out of poverty and get Americans back to work. That means cutting taxes, reducing regulations, and repealing this President's failed health care law" Walker remarked.

April 2, 2015 - Bernie Sanders announces presidential run, attacks Hillary Clinton

STOWE, VT - Senator Bernie Sanders declared his intention to seek the Democratic Presidential Nomination in 2016, while taking a swipe at front-runner Hillary Clinton. "I seek the presidency to ensure that we stop giving tax breaks and special deals to the largest corporations in America and instead focus on providing health care, college tuition-assistance, and a minimum wage increase to our most vulnerable and unlike others, I won't fail at fighting for these policies, especially universal health care, and then sell out to special interests" Sanders remarked.

April 15, 2015 - Santorum officially declares presidential run on Fox News

NEW YORK, NY - Former U.S. Senator Rick Santorum officially declared his intention to run for President on Fox News, telling host Sean Hannity that, "Republicans need a solid conservative who will fight for ordinary Americans and the values that have made us exceptional."

April 18, 2015 - Rand Paul to seek Republican Presidential Nomination

BOWLING GREEN, KY - With the support of Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConell, Senator Rand Paul declared his intention to run for President in the 2016 election. "Barack Obama and his liberal allies, with the support of the establishment of the Republican Party, have grown the size and scope of the federal government well beyond what our founder's envisioned. Our liberty has been violated, our economy has been damaged, and our children have been asked to pay for the failures of our generation. That's not responsible leadership, and we need to fight for change" Paul stated. 

April 22, 2015 - Peter King not running for President, backs Jeb Bush

WASHINGTON, DC - Congressman Peter King (R-NY), once considered a possible presidential hopeful, decided not to run for President. "I am not going to be a candidate for President, as I realize I'd be a longshot" King said. King also endorsed Jeb Bush. "I will support Governor Bush, who I know will run as a responsible adult, not an immature candidate who sides with the left wing of the Democratic Party on foreign policy like Rand Paul, or who can't win a general election and ruins the Republican brand like Ted Cruz" King said.

May 1, 2015 - Huckabee joins field of Republican Presidential Candidates

LITTLE ROCK, AR - Former Governor of Arkansas Mike Huckabee entered the race for the Republican Presidential Nomination. "I know Americans want an optimistic President who will bring people together to fight to reform our tax code, to protect human life, and repair the damage Barack Obama has done both here at home and abroad" Huckabee said in a statement declaring his intentions.

May 17, 2015 - Romney to make third Presidential Run

LEBANON, NH - Former Governor Mitt Romney (R-MA) announced he would again seek the presidency. "My fellow citizens, the time has come for strong leadership. I know how to fix the economy because I've lived in the real economy. As President, I'll fight to ensure that Americans again see rising incomes, and that our children and grandchildren inherit a country free of the burdens of debt, and a country that remains the hope of the earth" Romney told supporters.

May 27, 2015 - Clinton announces Presidential Bid

ALBANY, NY - Former U.S. Secretary of State Hillary Clinton declared her intention to run for President in the 2016 presidential election. "People are worried about growing inequality, corporations which ship jobs overseas because of our tax code, stagnant wages, and the fact that we still rely on other countries for sources of energy. I have the experience to lead this country, and the American people have the will to restore fairness to our economy while making a difference in this world" Clinton told supporters.

June 2, 2015 - Cruz announces Presidential Bid

IOWA CITY, IA - Senator Ted Cruz of Texas declared he would seek the presidency in 2016. "On issues ranging from immigration to health care, from Common Core to the second amendment, our party has lost it's way. We need to stand on principle and for that reason, I seek the presidency of the United States" Cruz stated.

June 15, 2015 - Fiorina joins Presidential Race

DES MOINES, IA - Businesswoman Carly Fiorina joined the field of Republican Presidential Candidates. "I intend to run a different kind of campaign because I'm a different kind of candidate and the people of this country want a different kind of President. They want a President who will get us out of debt, reform social security and medicare, reform our tax code, and ensure government is limited, yet effective as John F. Kennedy described in 1960" Fiorina stated.
Free Bird
TheHawk
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.84, S: -5.48

« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2015, 12:01:56 AM »

Go on
dudeabides
Tuvalu
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2015, 05:54:39 PM »

Will do, thank you!

July 1, 2015 - Cruz courts conservatives, wins three major endorsements, attacks Romney

SUN CITY, SC - Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX) chose to spend the days before July 4th courting conservatives in South Carolina. Cruz, a tea party favorite, pledged to end Common Core, oppose comprehensive immigration reform, repeal Obamacare, and abolish the IRS during his first 100 days in office. Cruz also announced that Former Congressman Allen West and Former Vice Presidential Nominee Sarah Palin was supporting his campaign, and Senator Mike Lee (R-UT) would be his campaigns national co-chair. "While we run on a conservative agenda, Mitt Romney believes that moving the Republican Party to the left will help us win, if that were true, he'd be running for re-election right about now" Cruz said of Romney.

August 5, 2015 - Romney wins endorsements, campaign co-chair as he lays out five point plan for "Restoring America's Promise"

LANSING, MI - Former Governor Mitt Romney (R-MA) won the backing of seventeen House Republicans, seven U.S. Senators including Iowa's Joni Ernst and Utah's Orin Hatch, as well as the support of five Republican Governors - Butch Odder of Idaho, Gary Herbert of Utah, Rick Snyder of Michigan, Doug Docey of Arizona, and Charlie Baker of Massachusetts. Romney also put forth a five point presidential agenda - an "all of the above" energy policy, a 25% across the board income tax reduction, paid for by closing most tax deductions and loopholes, while doubling the earned income tax credit and the per-child credit, in addition to a repeal of Obamacare, a constitutional balanced budget amendment, and an increase in the size of the U.S. military by 30,000 over an eight year period. Romney also announced that Governor of Utah Gary Herbert would serve as his national campaign co-chair.

August 15, 2015 - Webb makes his case, picks up support in New Hampshire, wins two major endorsements

MANCHESTER, NH - Considered a long shot for the Democratic Presidential Nomination, Former U.S. Senator Jim Webb (R-VA) is seeking to contrast himself with Hillary Clinton. Webb has proposed eliminating corporate tax loopholes and all deductions except for education, and implementing a 15% flat tax for incomes below $1 million, and a 25% flat tax for incomes and corporate profits above $1 million. Webb also pledged a $1 increase in the federal minimum wage, comprehensive immigration reform, and overhauling the VA system and replacing it with one with state-of-the art hospitals, and a smaller bureaucracy. Webb picked up endorsements on the campaign trail from Governor of California Jerry Brown and U.S. Senator Mark Warner of Virginia. During a town hall in New Hampshire, Webb was asked about the major differences between him and Hillary Clinton. "I respect Secretary Clinton, but I question her ability to win a general election. I am a Democrat and proud of it, but I'll be an independent voice for the American people, I'm not going to be tied to this President of the political establishment, I'll reach out to independents and Republicans where as Republicans won't support someone who once proposed government-run health care" Webb stated.

August 23, 2015 - Huckabee courts conservative voters in Iowa, picks up major endorsement

IOWA CITY, IA - Former Arkansas Governor Mike Huckabee, pledging to fight for the pro-life position, the Fair Tax, and to stop Iran from acquiring nuclear weapons, announced that Congressman Steve King of Iowa was endorsing his presidential candidacy. Huckabee's message to Iowans: he is the true conservative in the race for President. "I am not a conservative because I want to win your vote, I am a conservative because I am pro-life, for the fair tax, and strong on national security, I'll stop Iran from getting a nuclear weapon through crippling sanctions and getting our allies to join us in implementing those sanctions" Huckabee told a crowd.

September 5, 2015 - Jeb Bush lays out Presidential Agenda in policy address

CHARLESTON, SC - Former Governor of Florida Jeb Bush laid out his presidential agenda during a speech to voters in South Carolina. "I believe the next President of the United States must lead an effort to implement a strategy to help Americans be secure in their freedom, while also enjoying sustained economic growth" Bush stated. Bush proposed overhauling the tax code: his plan calls for two tax brackets of 10% and 25% while eliminating deductions other than those for education, health care, and charitable giving while also creating a 17% flat tax on corporate earnings and a 10% flat tax on capital gains - paid for by eliminating loopholes. He also proposed entitlement reform, specifically, block-granting medicaid, raising the social security retirement age, and creating "consumer choice" in medicare. Bush also pledged to crack down on fraud and abuse in entitlement programs. The Former Florida Governor also promised to pass immigration reform with enhanced border security, a pathway to legal status, and employment verification, as well as reforming the legal immigration system to be "market based" as opposed to focusing on "family reunification." Bush also stated he would expand "educational choice" and would be more aggressive than Barack Obama in foreign affairs.

September 23, 2015 - Bush picks up several endorsements, announces campaign co-chair

MIAMI, FL - In a statement, the presidential campaign of Former Florida Governor Jeb Bush announced several endorsements, including support from twenty-eight House Republicans, eight U.S. Senators including South Carolina's Lindsey Graham,  Florida's Marco Rubio, and Ohio's Rob Portman, and Governors Brian Sandoval (NV), Rick Scott (FL), and Bill Walker (AK). Bush's campaign also announced the support of Former Ambassador Jon Huntsman Jr., Former Secretary of State Condi Rice, Former Governor of Texas Rick Perry, Former Homeland Security Secretary Tom Ridge, and Former Governor of New York George Pataki. The campaign also announced that Senator Rob Portman of Ohio would serve as national campaign co-chair.

October 1, 2015 - Clinton lays out message to supporters, announces endorsements and campaign co-chair

DOVER, NH - Former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton spoke about her presidential agenda during a speech in New Hampshire. "We need to create equality of opportunity and the ability for all Americans to aim higher in our society" Clinton told supporters. Clinton said she would work with Republicans to reverse the medical device tax under Obamacare while making health insurance universal for all children under SCHIP, increase the number of pell grants by 10% over an eight year period, implement tougher caps on carbon emissions, raise the federal minimum wage to $9, cut taxes by 15% on those earning less than $150,000 per year while raising the top income tax rate to 40%, and Clinton pledged she'd support R&D tax credits in the areas of health and energy. Ninety House Democrats, including the entire Democratic Congressional delegations of New York, New Jersey, and California endorsed Clinton, in addition to fifteen Democratic U.S. Senators including New York's Kristen Gillibrand and Chuck Schumer, and twelve Democratic Governors including New York's Andrew Cuomo and Connecticut's Dan Malloy, all endorsed Clinton for President. Clinton also won the backing of Former HHS Secretary Kathleen Sibelius, Retired General Wesley Clark, Former Secretary of State Madeline Albright, Former Defense Secretary Leon Pannetta, Former Mayor of New York City Michael Bloomberg, and Former Republican Senator Olympia Snowe. Clinton also announced that Senator Tim Kaine of Virginia would serve as the campaigns national campaign co-chair.
Free Bird
TheHawk
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.84, S: -5.48

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2015, 06:11:56 PM »

Snowe endorses Shillary?
An American Tail: Fubart Goes West
Fubart Solman
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2015, 07:44:01 PM »

Looking good. Webb may have a chance to do alright (not that he'll win). I hadn't thought of it before, but Jerry Brown seems like the kind of person to endorse Webb: a mix of positions and he isn't friendly with the Clintons.
dudeabides
Tuvalu
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2015, 12:41:10 PM »

Looking good. Webb may have a chance to do alright (not that he'll win). I hadn't thought of it before, but Jerry Brown seems like the kind of person to endorse Webb: a mix of positions and he isn't friendly with the Clintons.

Thank you!

Freebird: Yes

October 5, 2015 - Republicans hold debate, sparks fly as do ideas

"I'm running for President because I believe our country is in desperate need of strong, determined, consistent leadership. I believe that by putting aside our differences and working together, we can move towards sustained economic growth, a common sense immigration system, education reform that puts children first, and we can restore America’s place as a leader in this world. In Florida, I cut taxes, made government smaller and more efficient, and I reformed education by empowering parents and local communities. It’s time for us to end the dysfunction in Washington and move in a new direction with someone who has the vision to lead and the experience to get things done” – Jeb Bush

"I am deeply concerned about the growing inequality and stagnant wages which has plagued our economy for the last eight years. This administration has borrowed money and mortgaged our children's future, but yet the American dream is further out of reach for too many. I know how to create jobs because for twenty-five years, I helped companies grow and expand. It's time for Washington to reduce the taxes and regulations which have led to growing inequality, and it's time we finally pay down the national debt, and that's why I'm running for President" - Mitt Romney

"In New Jersey, I made important changes to education which have helped empower parents, I signed criminal justice reform which has helped keep violent offenders behind bars, while encouraging rehab for victims of drug abuse. I cut taxes on business and shrunk the size of state government. I have a record of getting things done in New Jersey, I want to go to Washington to clean up the mess there. We have tried to throw money at our schools, at a war on drugs which has failed, and towards social welfare programs which haven't helped grow our economy. I believe it's time for a new approach" - Chris Christie

"I'm running for President with a clear, conservative message. It's time to end Common Core, abolish the IRS, repeal the President's health care law, and to secure our borders. Our party tried moving to the left, in the direction Governors Bush, Christie, and Romney want to take us, in the election of 2012. We all put our faith, as conservatives, in Governor Romney's campaign. He lost. Pandering doesn't work, standing on principle does. I am not going to apologize for my conservative values, nor should any of us" - Ted Cruz

"I am proud of my record in the U.S. Senate fighting to overhaul our welfare system, ban partial-birth abortion, and in cutting taxes on working Americans. I believe the nominee of our party must be someone who will fight for the pro-life position and for traditional marriage. But, I also intend to go across this country with a clear message that we Republicans care about ordinary Americans. I want to revitalize manufacturing, help invest in infrastructure in rural America, and I'm standing before you here today taking on our party over the minimum wage" - Rick Santorum

"I believe that in America, anything is possible. I'm running for President because Barack Obama has failed to be the uniting leader our country expected him to be. It's time to heal the wounds of division we have experienced these last eight years. Working with Congress, I plan on fighting for the Fair Tax to have an immediate stimulus to our economy, for border security and an immigration policy which does not consist of any form of amnesty, and I will stand up for the pro-life position by appointing judges who interpret the constitution as it was written. We have to return to basics as Republicans, but more importantly, as Americans" - Mike Huckabee

"In Wisconsin, I have been able to be successful where other blue state Governors have failed. We took on the unions and won, eliminating teacher tenure and making our entitlement system in Wisconsin sustainable long term. I signed into law record tax cuts, and we have since created over half a million jobs in a state which was hard hit by the recession. I believe our country needs a President who can get things done, a President who will reverse the failed policies of the last eight years and let markets work. A President who will cut taxes and regulations while exercising fiscal responsibility. While others talk, I actually have a track record of getting things done" - Scott Walker

"I'm running for President of the United States because I am a conservative of conviction, and someone who has been a reformer. In Louisiana, I signed the largest tax cut in our state's history, implemented school choice, appointed conservative judges, and cut state spending. We also expanded health care access without raising taxes, cutting medicare, and creating a deficit. As President, I will repeal Obamacare and our current tax code to create jobs. I'll defend religious liberty, and I won't apologize for America" – Bobby Jindal

“What I know is that Washington politicians have failed to address the underlying challenges facing our nation. The United States of America is the greatest nation on earth and yet, our government has become bloated, outdated, and inefficient. My presidency will have three main goals. First, we will spend the next four years finding ways to reduce the size of the federal government by eliminating departments and agencies which don’t work. Secondly, we will restore economic growth by cutting taxes and opening up our markets. Thirdly, we will ensure that we change our sources of funding for social security and medicare so those programs are preserved for future generations” – Carly Fiorina

“Politicians like Mitt Romney and Jeb Bush believe that they need to spend millions of dollars on strategists to tell them what to believe. I know what I believe and I know who I am. I’m not a politician, I didn’t enter a profession for the money, and I am not running for President to fulfil a lifelong dream. I am running for President to restore the founder’s vision of America, where family, freedom, and faith is important to all of us. I’m running to repeal Obamacare, to stand up for the pro-life position, and to have a flat tax so we can again prosper” – Ben Carson

“I supported Mitt Romney for President in 2012 because I thought he was the best candidate. He lost, and now it’s time for him to accept reality and let someone else run for President” – Chris Christie

“There is very little difference between Governor Bush, Governor Romney, and Governor Christie. All support the federal government being involved in education, all have supported higher taxes, and all support amnesty for those in this country illegally. I fundamentally believe that nominating a moderate is the best way to cost us the election because we ignore the base of our party” – Ted Cruz

In Massachusetts, Mitt Romney gave Barack Obama the inspiration of Obamacare. When he ran in 2012, Governor Romney tried to distance himself from Romneycare but Mitt, people found it hypocritical for you to criticize a program modeled after a program you implemented. As President, I will repeal Obamacare and support health care savings accounts so Americans can afford private health insurance” – Rick Santorum

“Some of my opponents in this race are playing politics as opposed to coming up with solutions Americans expect their next President to advance. My agenda for this country includes fundamental tax reform which helps broaden our tax base while lowering our tax rates to help struggling Americans find work and keep more of what they earn. I believe that we need to create an immigration system where aspiration people are encouraged to legally immigrate here, but where our laws against illegal immigration are enforced. I believe in higher standards and more local control in the area of education, and I’m a strong proponent of school vouchers. It’s these issues and others which bring me to this race, I’m not perfect, but I’m going to ignore these dishonest attacks and stick to the issues” – Jeb Bush

"All of the other candidates up here are fine with the government spying on them. I am a firm believer and defender in the constitution. I am strong on national security, but my friends Governor Romney, Senator Santorum, Governor Huckabee, Governor Bush, and even Ted Cruz are willing to intervene, without the consent of congress, far too often in wars that don't end, I think that's the wrong approach. We sometimes have to intervene, when all other options are tried, and with the consent of congress, but we can't police the entire world" - Rand Paul

"Senator Paul has an identical foreign policy to the Obama-Clinton foreign policy, he believes we have to apologize for the United States. In the U.S. Senate, I was calling for crippling sanctions against Iran, which slowed down their movement towards nuclear capabilities, years ago. Senator Paul blocked Iranian sanctions and has said he doesn't believe they are a threat to our security, that is a dangerous position" - Rick Santorum 

“With all due respect, there Governor Romney already had his chance and he lost. We Republicans must nominate a candidate who will unite this country behind a positive agenda” – Jeb Bush
dudeabides
Tuvalu
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2015, 09:57:03 PM »
« Edited: January 25, 2015, 10:01:16 PM by dudeabides »

October 5, 2015 Democrats debate, Clinton looks to general election as challengers seek to gain ground

“Over the last eight years, we have made some important progress in terms of rebuilding the middle class, but the efforts of the current administration aren’t enough to help us prosper long term. In a fiscally responsible way, we need to invest in education, health care, job training, and in upgrading our country’s infrastructure. That’s why I want to be President of the United States, because I know I have the experience and the vision to move our country forward” – Hillary Clinton

“Democrats do have a choice in this election. If you believe that our foreign policy should be one where we tell the rest of the world how to live and that we should continue to give tax breaks to large corporations here at home as the middle class suffers the consequences of Washington gridlock, Secretary Clinton is your choice. If you want to address the economic challenges associated with inequality in our society, if you want to pass comprehensive immigration reform, if you want a foreign policy reflective of our values, and if you want to combat global warming, I’m asking for your support” – Jim Webb

"It's about time we Democrats created contrast with the Republicans. We are the party of working families, we need to stand strong to raise the minimum wage, stand strong for higher ethical standards, stand strong to overturn Citizens United, and stand strong to end the tax breaks that ship American jobs overseas. The Republicans want to deny women birth control, end the EPA, and they refuse to eliminate the minimum wage. We are about a strong middle class in this country, and that's what I'm fighting for" - Elizabeth Warren

“Over the last two decades, Washington politicians have created more and more gridlock. In Maryland, I fought for our progressive values – I led the fight for same-sex marriage and won, I invested in our public schools and in our state’s roads, and I challenged the NRA.. My agenda for this country is clear. Aside from Senator Sanders, I’m the only candidate up here who supports universal health care, a women’s bill of rights to protect women in the workplace and their health care decisions, and I’m the one candidate who has voiced support for same-sex marriage. Furthermore, I will defend President Obama’s economic record, and I’ll continue his successful economic policies” – Martin O’Malley

“The Democratic Party has become a place where lobbyists turn to after they bought off all the Republicans they possibly can. It’s embarrassing at this point. I’m here to tell you exactly what I plan on doing as President. Let’s end the tax breaks for the wealthy and raise our top tax rate to 45% and cut taxes by 10% on those earning below $80,000 per year. Let’s provide health care to every single American and universal pre-k to every child in America. Let’s raise the minimum wage to $12 and end all forms of corporate welfare. Then, let’s move to a publicly funded campaign finance system” – Bernie Sanders

“As President of the United States, I will do something this administration has refused to do. I will ensure that we pay for new federal spending with cuts in other areas. I want to invest $100 billion over a decade in education between more pell grants and in merit-teacher pay in distressed areas, as well as smaller class sizes in urban communities. By reversing the tax breaks for the wealthy, we can pay for that in addition to upgrading our infrastructure and expanding SCHIP to cover every child in America with health care. I also believe we should increase green energy tax breaks by $40 billion over a decade, we can do that by ending corporate subsidies to big oil. We need to ensure that everyone has a chance at the American dream, but we must do so in a way which doesn’t put future generations deeper in debt” – Hillary Clinton

“Secretary Clinton has accepted donations from the very corporations she now says get away with not paying their fair share of taxes. I’m not convinced she is going to reform our tax code to benefit ordinary Americans. My friends, I have proposed eliminating preferential tax treatment for the largest corporations in America and instead working on a bi-partisan basis to create a flat tax which would benefit middle income Americans and small business. Additionally, I have proposed raising the federal minimum wage and I will have the funding to invest in smaller class sizes and in continuing to invest in college tuition aid for those with the grades to attend college, but who lack the means to do so” – Jim Webb

“Let me be very clear. There are areas I don’t agree with this President on, but when you have millions of Americans with health care who lacked it before, when you have robust job growth, when you have succeeded in Iraq and Afghanistan, and when you have cut the deficit by 70%, I can’t run away from this President’s record and neither should my colleagues up here. He’s done a good job in office, and I look forward to building on the progress of the last eight years” – Martin O’Malley

“In the U.S. Senate, Hillary Clinton voted for the war in Iraq, for the Patriot Act, for federal subsidies to big business, for George Bush’s No Child Left Behind, and for Donald Rumsfeld to be our Secretary of Defense. She refuses to endorse universal health care like she did in 1993, she refuses to call for a hike in the minimum wage, she refuses to endorse a ban on assault weapons, she refuses to call for an end to ethanol subsidies, how is she any different from the Republicans? We need a two party system in this country, and I’m the candidate who is offering that” – Bernie Sanders

“To be quite honest, I think I’m the candidate up here who has the best chance of winning a general election. I’m running for President to make investments in education and our roads, two things Americans everywhere ask me about. Additionally, my tax plan has broad appeal – over 95% of Americans and most Americans get a tax cut, and we broaden the base not by raising tax rates on the wealthy, but by closing the loopholes and deductions which currently plaque our code. Additionally, I offer a stark contrast with the Republicans on foreign policy. I won’t be a continuation of the Obama-Clinton foreign policy, nor will I be a return to the Bush-Cheney foreign policy. Like Harry Truman and Ronald Reagan, I believe in peace through strength, which doesn’t mean we police the world, but it does mean we lead in areas such as trade, research and development, and calling for justice and stability from a position of strength” – Jim Webb

"My top three priorities as President will be to expand health care access to those who lack health care under SCHIP, and I mean everyone. Secondly, let's index the minimum wage to inflation and raise it to at least $9 right now. Finally, I think we should double the number of pell grants so those who want to go to college can afford it. Sadly, too many in our party resist the fundamental change the American people deserve" - Elizabeth Warren
dudeabides
Tuvalu
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2015, 09:11:18 PM »

October 15, 2015 - Former President Bill Clinton stumps for Hillary Clinton in South Carolina

CHARLESTON, SC - Former President Bill Clinton stumped for his wife for the first time in the 2016 presidential campaign. "Hillary has the experience to lead and an agenda to rebuild America's middle class" the Former President said in South Carolina. Clinton attacked GOP front-runners Jeb Bush, Mitt Romney, and Mike Huckabee as well. "This election is about fighting for the middle class. In Florida, Jeb Bush cut taxes for millionaires even as income inequality grew. Mitt Romney led a company which laid off thousands of working Americans and destroyed businesses. In my home state of Arkansas, Mike Huckabee raised taxes by $500 million in one of the poorest states in America" Clinton stated.

October 27, 2015 - Campaign turns negative on both sides

WASHINGTON, DC - With polls showing Jeb Bush and Mitt Romney leading the GOP field of presidential candidates, and Hillary Clinton leading amongst Democrats, the campaign has turned increasingly negative in recent weeks. GOP hopefuls Rand Paul, Ted Cruz, and Ben Carson have all bought television space attacking Romney and Bush. Cruz and Carson have attacked Bush over his position on illegal immigration, while attacking Romney's health care plan while he served as Governor of Massachusetts, comparing it to President Barack Obama's health care policy. Senator Rand Paul hit both Romney and Bush as "war hawks" on foreign policy, in addition to questioning Romney's electability. Carly Fiorina has not bought television space, but has attacked Mitt Romney on the stump, questioning his authenticity as a conservative on abortion, same-sex marriage, and gun control. The campaigns of Scott Walker, Chris Christie, Mike Huckabee, Rick Santorum, Jeb Bush, and Mitt Romney have largely stayed positive, though Santorum has said he believes only a conservative can win a general election. On the Democratic side, Senator Bernie Sanders has attacked all of his opponents as being "bought and paid for" by special interests, as Senator Jim Webb has gone after Hillary Clinton on foreign policy, calling her "The Dick Cheney of the Democratic Party" and a "war hawk." However, the only negative tv space purchased by a Democratic candidate was from the Clinton campaign, attacking Mr. Webb as unfriendly to women, citing essays published by the Former Virginia Senator in the early 1990s.

November 12, 2015 – O’Malley announces campaign co-chairs, says he’s the “true progressive” in the presidential race

DOVER, NH – Former Governor of Maryland Martin O’Malley announced that Former Governor of Vermont Howard Dean and Former U.S. Secretary of Health and Human Services Kathleen Sibelius would serve as his national campaign co-chairs. O’Malley also told supporters he was the “true progressive” in the presidential race. O’Malley pledged to raise the federal minimum wage, make health care universal for those earning less than $150,000 per year, ask the wealthy to pay a 42% top income tax rate, and he’d make pre-k universal. Additionally, O’Malley defended President Barack Obama’s record, calling Obama “a remarkable leader who ended two wars and got us out of recession.”

November 20, 2015 – Poll: Bush and Romney lead, early states show close races, Clinton leads for Democrats

WASHINGTON, DC – Republican Presidential Hopefuls Jeb Bush and Mitt Romney are both the front-runners for their party’s presidential nomination, according to the most recent Gallup poll. Romney and Bush each garner 20% of the vote, with Mike Huckabee in a distant second with just 8%. On the Democratic Side, Hillary Clinton leads with 57%, and Jim Webb is the only other candidate in double-digits, with 19%. In Iowa, Mike Huckabee leads the GOP field with 22%, followed by Rick Santorum and Rand Paul in second with 12%. Scott Walker, however, is in a close fourth with 11%. On the Democratic side, Mrs. Clinton has a solid lead in Iowa, she leads Jim Webb 62%-18%. In New Hampshire, the race on both sides is closer. On the Republican side, Mitt Romney leads Jeb Bush 18%-16%, with Chris Christie in a close third at 12%. On the Democratic side, Clinton leads Elizabeth Warren by just 10 points, 40%-30%. In South Carolina, Jeb Bush leads Mike Huckabee 20%-17%, with Ted Cruz in third at 12%. South Carolina Democrats give Clinton a lead over Jim Webb, 49%-30%. In Florida, Jeb Bush dominates the GOP field – garnering 39% of the vote, followed by Mitt Romney and Chris Christie each at 9%. Mrs. Clinton garners 63% in that state.

[bDecember 1, 2015 – Key to a Bush victory, Former President hits campaign trail for brother in South Carolina[/b]

CHARLESTON, SC – Former President George W. Bush hit the campaign trail for the first time in a decade in support of his brother, Former Governor of Florida Jeb Bush. “Jeb has a good heart and he’s a decisive leader” the Former President told a crowd in Charleston. To Bush, a victory in South Carolina is key. “We believe that if we do well with suburban Charleston voters, we will win the South Carolina primary, which then enables us to go into Florida with a prior win. The momentum will then be on our side” stated Senator Rob Portman of Ohio, Bush’s campaign co-chair.

December 15, 2015 – Walker: there is great momentum in Iowa

IOWA CITY, IA – Governor of Wisconsin Scott Walker declared that his presidential campaign was “experiencing momentum” in Iowa ahead of the state’s caucus. Walker, seeking to be the compromise between the tea party and the GOP establishment, has been campaigning heavily in Iowa, more so than in other early states. "We have talked about the way to give power over areas like education and health care back to states, the need to balance the budget, and the need to fix social security and medicare with reforms similar to those proposed by Congressman Paul Ryan, and that's helped our cause in Iowa" Walker added.
Brewer
BrewerPaul

Political Matrix
E: -6.90, S: -6.17

« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2015, 09:46:56 PM »

Hasn't Howard Dean already announced he's Ready for Hillary?
FDRDUTCH

« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2015, 12:36:21 PM »

Wow, this is a really cool story.
I could see the 2016 election going this way!!
dudeabides
Tuvalu
« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2015, 10:16:01 PM »

Thank you all.

Dean is uncommitted to my knowledge.

dudeabides
Tuvalu
« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2015, 10:39:10 PM »

January 4, 2016 - Iowa Caucus: Huckabee, Clinton declare victory as Walker defies expectations, Carson withdrawals

DES MOINES, IA - Like he did in 2008, Former Governor of Arkansas Mike Huckabee won Iowa's GOP Presidential caucus, garnering 28% of the vote. The surprise of the night, however, is Governor of Wisconsin Scott Walker's second place showing at 21%. Rand Paul edged out Rick Santorum for third place, defeating Santorum 14%-11%. On the Democratic side, Hillary Clinton defeated opponent Jim Webb 51%-29%. GOP candidate Ben Carson ended his presidential bid after finishing last.

January 12, 2016 - New Hampshire Primary: Romney, Clinton win

MANCHESTER, NH - Former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton and Former Governor of Massachusetts Mitt Romney each secured victories in New Hampshire's Presidential Primary. Romney defeated Jeb Bush 30%-20%, with Rand Paul and Chris Christie behind with 15% and 14% respectively. Clinton defeated Senator Elizabeth Warren of neighboring Massachusetts 41%-30%, as Senator Bernie Sanders won just 12% of the vote.

January 15, 2016 - Chris Christie ends Presidential Bid, endorses Jeb Bush

RUMSON, NJ - Governor of New Jersey Chris Christie was joined by Former Governor of Florida Jeb Bush as he ended his presidential campaign and backed Bush for President. "I'm here today because I am announcing that I am ending my presidential campaign and endorsing the strongest leader in the race for President, Jeb Bush" Christie stated.

January 19, 2016 - South Carolina Primary: Bush prevails, Webb upsets Clinton

CHARLESTON, SC - Former Governor of Florida Jeb Bush won South Carolina's Republican Presidential Primary, defeating Mike Huckabee 28%-25%. Both men finished ahead of Senator Ted Cruz of Texas and Senator Rand Paul of Kentucky, who finished with 15% and 12% respectively. On the Democratic side, Former U.S. Senator Jim Webb won a surprise victory, defeating Hillary Clinton 40%-39%. Key to Webb's victory, according to exit polls, was support from veterans, younger voters, and those who supported Barack Obama in 2008 against Mrs. Clinton.

January 21, 2016 - Jindal ends Presidential Bid

BATON ROUGE, LA - Governor of Louisiana Bobby Jindal announced the end of his 2016 presidential campaign. "I gave this campaign my all, and I hope our conservative message helps our eventual nominee a stronger candidate" Jindal told reporters.

January 26, 2016 - Florida, Nevada Vote: Bush, Romney, Clinton, and Webb split victories

TALLAHASSEE, FL - Former Florida Governor Jeb Bush easily won his home state's presidential primary, defeating Mitt Romney 52%-19%, with Mike Huckabee in a distant third with 9% of the votes cast. Hillary Clinton also won Florida's primary, defeating Jim Webb 49%-29%. In Nevada, Mitt Romney defeated Rand Paul 40%-29%, with Jeb Bush in third at 10%. Jim Webb once again upset Hillary Clinton, defeating her 49%-41% in Nevada.

February 2, 2016 - Arizona, Missouri, and Colorado vote

DENVER, CO - Former Governor of Florida Jeb Bush secured victories in Republican contests in Missouri and Colorado, where he defeated Mitt Romney 33%-26% in Colorado and Rand Paul 30%-25% in Missouri. In Arizona, Romney beat Ted Cruz 33%-30%, with Jeb Bush in third with 20%. On the Democratic side, Hillary Clinton won Colorado and Arizona, defeated Jim Webb by a margin of 36%-24% in Colorado and 47%-29% in Arizona, as Webb beat Clinton 39%-36% in Missouri.

February 3, 2016 - Santorum exits Presidential Campaign

WASHINGTON, DC - Former U.S. Senator Rick Santorum ended his presidential campaign, telling supporters that, "Our party must nominate someone with broad appeal, someone who is committed to the pro-life position, someone who is strong on national security, and someone who will rebuild our manufacturing core. Thanks to you, we have influenced this process to where I'm confident that will happen."

February 5, 2016 - Michigan Votes: Walker, Clinton claim victories

LANSING, MI - Governor of Wisconsin Scott Walker defeated Michigan native Mitt Romney in Michigan's GOP Presidential Primary, besting Romney 33%-32% as Hillary Clinton won a decisive 50% of the vote in the Democratic contest.

dudeabides
Tuvalu
« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2015, 11:44:36 PM »

February 7, 2016 - O'Malley ends Presidential Campaign

BALTIMORE, MD - Former Governor of Maryland Martin O'Malley ended his 2016 presidential campaign. "You and I gave voice to the issues we care about, issues progressives have championed for decades, but issues politicians in Washington have ignored" O'Malley told supporters.

February 9, 2016 - Delaware, Wyoming, Minnesota vote

DOVER, DE - Republican Presidential Hopeful Jeb Bush won primary contests in Delaware and Minnesota, defeating opponent Mitt Romney 44%-29% in Delaware and Scott Walker 39%-30% in Minnesota. Romney beat Bush 49%-21% in Wyoming's Republican Caucus. On the Democratic side, Hillary Clinton won all three contests.

February 14, 2016 - Giuliani backs Bush

NEW YORK, NY - Former Mayor of New York City Rudy Giuliani endorsed Jeb Bush's 2016 Presidential campaign, calling Bush "experienced, electable, and steadfast in his convictions."

February 15, 2016 - Bush Vs. Romney Vs. Walker

WASHINGTON, DC - Ahead of Super Tuesday, Republican Presidential Candidates Jeb Bush, Mitt Romney, and Scott Walker began attacking each other. Romney's campaign released a television ad attacking Jeb Bush on education, immigration, and taxes. "Governor Bush believes that education should be dealt with at the federal level, he supports amnesty, and he believes Republicans should accept tax increases" Romney said to a crowd in Ohio. Bush went on defense. "I do not support amnesty, I support educational choice and accountability, and I am proposing a tax cut which is 30% larger than the one Governor Romney is proposing. I have taken and held consistent positions for decades and led as a conservative, I can't say the same about Mitt" Bush stated on the trail, also in Ohio. Meanwhile, campaigning in California, Governor of Wisconsin Scott Walker attacked both Bush and Romney. "My friends Mitt Romney and Jeb Bush have both been in the national spotlight for some time. I offer something new, something different, and let me be clear: I am not a moderate" Walker stated.

February 17, 2016 - Super Tuesday: Bush, Clinton dominate

WASHINGTON, DC - Former Governor of Florida Jeb Bush (R) and Former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton (D) dominated Super Tuesday's Presidential Contests. Of the 12 contests held, Bush secured victory in 8, as Mrs. Clinton did in 10. Bush won Ohio, Georgia, New York, Illinois, Oregon, Hawaii, New Mexico, and Rhode Island as opponent Mitt Romney won contests in his home state of Massachusetts and Utah. Mike Huckabee won his home state of Arkansas as Scott Walker won North Dakota's Republican Caucus. Mrs. Clinton won Ohio, Utah, New York, Illinois, Oregon, Hawaii, New Mexico, Rhode Island, and Arkansas as opponent Jim Webb won Georgia and Elizabeth Warren won her home state of Massachusetts.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies