cinyc for Northeast Senate (Concession)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 03:13:14 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  cinyc for Northeast Senate (Concession)
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: cinyc for Northeast Senate (Concession)  (Read 2450 times)
cinyc
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 19, 2015, 12:30:40 AM »
« edited: February 23, 2015, 12:05:02 AM by cinyc »

After much consideration, I have decided to run for Northeast Senator in the February elections.  

The people of the Northeast deserve and independent Senator who is not beholden to any of the major parties.  Northeastern conservatives and centrists deserve a candidate who shares their values, instead of having to hold their nose and vote in a contest between ideological liberals.  And all Northeasterners deserve a Senator who will stand up for Northeastern regional rights and against attempts to significantly alter the Atlasia we love through radical so-called game reform.

While, if elected Northeast Senator, I will be a newcomer to Nyman, I have ably served the Northeast as Assemblyman, Speaker and Chief Judicial Officer.  I was always a very active and constructive legislator while in office, who worked well with my colleagues of all ideological backgrounds and never resorted to personal attacks.  I pledge to run a clean Senate campaign.

I will also run in the upcoming special Assembly election, and pledge not to run for election to the Assembly in February so that I can concentrate on my Senate campaign.

Thank you for your time and Dave bless Atlasia and the Northeast!
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2015, 12:55:24 AM »

Endorsed, cinyc, best of luck with your campaign!
Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2015, 03:19:00 AM »

Endorsed, cinyc, best of luck with your campaign!
cinyc
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2015, 02:16:21 PM »

Thank you for your support.  I appreciate it.

One thing that has always bugged me is the sheer number of federal constitutional amendments that go to the voters without any explanation.  As a result, I tend to vote no on federal constitutional amendments unless persuaded it is absolutely necessary. 

If elected your Northeast Senator, I will propose legislation requiring an official - perhaps the Secretary of Federal Elections, perhaps the sponsor or someone else in the Senate - we will debate which person is best suited - to provide a non-partisan voters' guide in the Atlas Fantasy Elections Board explaining all proposed constitutional amendments before the amendment can be put before the regions.  The voters' guide will include plausible arguments for and against the amendment, like the real life guides sometimes put out by the League of Women Voters.

I will propose a similar bill in the Northeast for Northeastern constitutional amendments if I am elected in this weekend's special election.
sentinel
sirnick
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -6.61

« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2015, 02:46:55 PM »

This is an intriguing candidacy. Cinyc was a great Speaker.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2015, 03:18:03 PM »

Endorsed
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2015, 10:55:33 AM »

Endorsed! Atlasia would benefit from having a true independent in the Senate.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2015, 12:57:27 AM »

I'll propose the same question to you as I did to former Senator Talleyrand:

What is your opinion of the A Jackson per Sixty Act, which has been proposed by one of your opponents in this race? I'll paste it here/bold the contentious parts to help make it easier for you and anyone else to read:

cinyc
Atlas Icon

« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2015, 01:02:07 AM »

I oppose the A Jackson per Sixty Act.  $25 per hour is way too high for a minimum wage.  It will cause low-paid employees to be replaced by technology faster than they already are today.  The net effect will be more unemployment.

I will vote against this bill in its current form if elected to the Assembly.
Prince of Salem
JoMCaR
Peru

« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2015, 10:48:32 PM »

Neat ideas, sound proposals. Now this is what I call a candidate I'd support!!

Endorsed with all 8 letters! Cheesy
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2015, 12:50:58 AM »

Didn't you already endorse Matt? Or is this a symptom of the MPD? Wink
Prince of Salem
JoMCaR
Peru

« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2015, 01:37:29 PM »

Didn't you already endorse Matt? Or is this a symptom of the MPD? Wink

Ha! Very funny, Flo. But yes, I had endorsed Matt before. Full story here:

Endorsement removed. Sorry Matty, nothing personal Sad It's just the call of duty (not the game xD) that requires me. Still, best of luck and my support for second option Smiley

I just couldn't help admiring Cinyc's proposals, and although he entered a little later, I think he's the one bringing key issues to this election. That's why he has my endorsement now Smiley
cinyc
Atlas Icon

« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2015, 12:16:28 AM »

Election day is now upon us.  I urge all voters to go out and vote, regardless of party or political leanings. 

In light of the recent terrorist attack on the Census Bureau in Nyman - on the office that upholds our sacred right to register to vote - we should all exercise our right to be heard.  My thoughts are with the family, friends and coworkers of Aaron Green, who died protecting our sacred right to vote.  May he rest in peace.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2015, 11:34:49 AM »

Good luck!
cinyc
Atlas Icon

« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2015, 12:04:44 AM »

We fought hard, but in the end, it was not enough.  I would like to congratulate Senator-Elect Talleyrand on his election to the Senate, and both him and Speaker Matt From VT for running a clean campaign.
Talleyrand
YaBB God

« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2015, 12:26:06 AM »

Cinyc, I really enjoyed this campaign; you were an active, diligent participant and interacting with you was a pleasure. I hope you will continue to contribute to Atlasia in some capacity, whether elected or as a citizen.
cinyc
Atlas Icon

« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2015, 12:42:53 AM »

Cinyc, I really enjoyed this campaign; you were an active, diligent participant and interacting with you was a pleasure. I hope you will continue to contribute to Atlasia in some capacity, whether elected or as a citizen.

Thanks for the kind words. 

I am going to take the next few weeks to evaluate my future in this game.  It might include my first ever region change.  The current governor plus the new Assembly will not be anything close to favorable to those on the right.  I expect more nonsensical, illogical bills like the Restoration of the Arts Act to become the norm.  Assemblyman Elect Winfield will be powerless to stop them all.  I foresee a lot of 4-1 and 1-4 votes.
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #17 on: February 23, 2015, 01:33:45 AM »
« Edited: February 23, 2015, 01:47:25 AM by Rep.Blair »

Thanks for the kind words. 

I am going to take the next few weeks to evaluate my future in this game.  It might include my first ever region change.  The current governor plus the new Assembly will not be anything close to favorable to those on the right.  I expect more nonsensical, illogical bills like the Restoration of the Arts Act to become the norm.  Assemblyman Elect Winfield will be powerless to stop them all.  I foresee a lot of 4-1 and 1-4 votes.

. It's a mistake to think that the Assembly is no going to become a rubber stamp for some sort of mass 'leftist' policy shift
Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy

« Reply #18 on: February 23, 2015, 08:28:12 AM »

Foucaulf
« Reply #19 on: February 23, 2015, 11:15:49 AM »

While I didn't endorse you for the Senate (primarily because I thought the process was too hasty), you fought a hard and clean campaign. The Midwest or the Pacific will embrace someone like you with open hearts and minds.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #20 on: February 23, 2015, 11:48:57 AM »

You've fought a very clean and dedicated campaign. That's something everybody, whether voted for you or not, ought to appreciate.
Prince of Salem
JoMCaR
Peru

« Reply #21 on: February 23, 2015, 11:56:17 AM »

Please, stay in the Northeast. Things may be hard to face, but our presence is here to change that Smiley
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies