Who would you vote for confirm as a judge? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 08:59:52 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Who would you vote for confirm as a judge? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Who would you vote for confirm as a judge?  (Read 4700 times)
A18
Atlas Star
Political Matrix
E: 9.23, S: -6.35

« on: April 22, 2005, 02:05:51 PM »

I'd vote to confirm any of those people except BRTD (speaks favorably of FDR court stacking plan, thinks strip clubs are protected by the first amendment), opebo (everything he likes is supposedly protected by the federal constitution), Jake (is an asshole who didn't vote to confirm me), jfern (would constantly rule Republicans stole elections), and bandit (I really don't want to hear about activist courts demanding infinite recounts in Kentucky).
A18
Atlas Star
Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2005, 12:47:24 PM »

Why the hell is everyone voting for John Dibble? You know he probably agrees with me on 90% of the issues, right?
A18
Atlas Star
Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2005, 01:20:02 PM »

Why the hell is everyone voting for John Dibble? You know he probably agrees with me on 90% of the issues, right?

He doesn't support restricting voting rights, doesn't endorse discrimination against homosexuals and has a little thing called "maturity".

Yeah, that's nice. Too bad none of it has anything to do with judicial philosophy.

You're voting to confirm someone who thinks Medicare, Social Security, Medicaid, federal grants, and federal welfare are unconstitutional.
A18
Atlas Star
Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2005, 01:34:52 PM »

Direct taxes, such as those on capital gains, would be unconstitutional prior to the 16th amendment, if paid by the person. Taxes on wages would not, if paid by the employer.

The states ratified it. If a state that didn't really ratify it, was down as having ratified it, that state would obviously speak up.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies