Were you personally offended by Charlie Hebdo's anti-religious satire? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 08:53:46 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Were you personally offended by Charlie Hebdo's anti-religious satire? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Where you personallyoffended by Charlie Hebdo's anti-religious satire?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 61

Author Topic: Were you personally offended by Charlie Hebdo's anti-religious satire?  (Read 2911 times)
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« on: January 19, 2015, 01:43:21 PM »

What I meant is that no one should feel personally offended by a cartoon mocking their religion.

Why not? If there's a right to offend then surely there must also be a right to be offended. Which is, needless to say, completely different from a right to firebomb offices and/or gun down people at an editorial meeting.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2015, 01:44:39 PM »

I can't control other people's feelings, obviously. The point was that I strongly dislike the ideological ramifications of such feeling.

And you are quite entitled to be discomforted by other people taking offence to something (or whatever). That is the whole point.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies