Has anyone in your family talked to you about their 2016 election preferences?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 05, 2024, 10:57:09 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Has anyone in your family talked to you about their 2016 election preferences?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Poll
Question: Has anyone in your family talked to you about their preferences in the 2016 US presidential election?
yes (spouse/partner)

yes (someone else in household)

yes (relative I don't live with)

no

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 64

Calculate results by number of options selected
Author Topic: Has anyone in your family talked to you about their 2016 election preferences?  (Read 6587 times)
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: January 23, 2015, 04:41:17 PM »

Pretty much all of my family is ready for Romney to run again, though I have a brother who wants a "fresh voice" - hasn't given a name, but likely in the mold of Kasich/Walker/Snyder.
TheDeadFlagBlues
Junior Chimp
Canada
« Reply #51 on: January 23, 2015, 04:44:52 PM »

My mom is an enthusiastic Elizabeth Warren fan who will vote for the Democratic nominee. My dad doesn't have a preference yet but will vote for the Democratic nominee.

My parents were Obama supporters in 08 but didn't participate in the Idaho caucus because they don't understand the caucus process and have no desire to spend hours in a cramped room. This one of the many reasons that I think caucuses should be scrapped.
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #52 on: January 24, 2015, 03:22:01 AM »
« Edited: January 24, 2015, 03:28:10 AM by Gass3268 »

My girlfriend, mom, and girlfriend's grandma are very much #ready. Dad, stepmom, brother, uncle, aunt, cousins and grandmas are Democrats would easily support Hillary if the nominee. I'd much rather have Warren or Sanders, but I would be satisfied with anyone that doesn't give the Republicans total control of the government.

My mom's mom's family are very conservative (even though one voted for Obama in 08 because he didn't like that McCain voted against the farm bill). Probably all Walker supporters.
checkers
Not Great Bob
Australia

« Reply #53 on: January 24, 2015, 07:06:12 AM »

My mum's #ready and my dad's basically Snowstalker when it comes to US politics. I don't think anyone else in my family really knows anything about it.

I of course know how they're voting in the upcoming Queensland election.
politicallefty
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -9.22

P P
« Reply #54 on: January 24, 2015, 12:33:01 PM »

It's come up, but nothing new that I didn't already know. My mom's been a strong Hillary supporter for a long time and, if she runs, that's who she'll vote for in both the primary and the general. My dad doesn't share the same enthusiasm for Hillary, but I do know that he'll vote in the Democratic primary and for whoever the nominee turns out to be. Fwiw, in the 2008 primaries, my mom voted for Hillary and my dad for Obama.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies