In London speech, Jindal criticizes "no go zones" in European countries
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 08:41:25 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  In London speech, Jindal criticizes "no go zones" in European countries
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: In London speech, Jindal criticizes "no go zones" in European countries  (Read 4045 times)
Türkisblau
H_Wallace
Ireland, Republic of

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: January 21, 2015, 12:27:13 PM »

A governor of Louisiana being a demagogue?

Who woulda guessed?

Are you seriously comparing Huey Long to Bobby Jindal?
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #26 on: January 21, 2015, 12:54:38 PM »

complete bollocks, Jindal has no idea what he's going on about. Citing the Daily Mail as a source is hilarious
bobloblaw
« Reply #27 on: January 21, 2015, 06:38:17 PM »

He's literally criticizing something that doesn't exist and is made up by the right wing.

mmm..no. CNN covered "no go zones" numerous times. Malmo, Sweden is know for its "no go zones" BTW 90% of rapes in Sweden are committed by Muslims.

Fox was clumsy when they said the entire city of Birmingham was a "no go zone"

But even in Canada there was a push by Muslims in Ontario to have a separate Shair Civil Court System set up for them.
Miles
MilesC56
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #28 on: January 22, 2015, 05:13:17 PM »

The poor bastard won't let this go:

You must be logged in to read this quote.

His irrelevance is pretty sad, really.
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #29 on: January 22, 2015, 05:22:39 PM »

He's literally criticizing something that doesn't exist and is made up by the right wing.

mmm..no. CNN covered "no go zones" numerous times. Malmo, Sweden is know for its "no go zones" BTW 90% of rapes in Sweden are committed by Muslims.

Fox was clumsy when they said the entire city of Birmingham was a "no go zone"

But even in Canada there was a push by Muslims in Ontario to have a separate Shair Civil Court System set up for them.

I hope you're joking
ViaActiva

« Reply #30 on: January 24, 2015, 05:16:44 AM »

I find it amusing how commentators were touting Jindal as a future President back in 2008-10.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #31 on: January 24, 2015, 05:42:33 AM »

This is the guy who called upon the GOP to stop being the stupid party? LOL!
Miles
MilesC56
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #32 on: January 27, 2015, 01:30:47 PM »

On a related note, I don't think this will help Jindal, either:

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Maybe if they had a Governor that spent time in the state...
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #33 on: January 27, 2015, 01:53:18 PM »

What a embarrassment to the Indian American community. Pandering to the white nativist Christian faction of the party? Dude, you're brown, a son of immigrants, and raised in a different faith. You're not fooling anyone.

What a stupid POS. Junk Governor!
^^

I kind of wish we had a more sane Indian-American governor or congressman.

We will probably get one soon enough. The demographics of Indian-Americans resemble "Jewish-American" in many respects, and that means participation in politics at high levels.

🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #34 on: January 27, 2015, 04:25:38 PM »

What demographic similarities do Jewish Americans share with Indian Americans?  Income and education?  That in itself doesn't suggest a similar level of participation in politics. Lots of Jewish doctors and Indian doctors, but comparatively how many Indian lawyers are there?
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: 4.26

« Reply #35 on: February 02, 2015, 02:09:32 PM »

What a embarrassment to the Indian American community. Pandering to the white nativist Christian faction of the party? Dude, you're brown, a son of immigrants, and raised in a different faith. You're not fooling anyone.
This must be the stupidest post I've seen today. Only race-baiting, no real arguments at all. Clearly, racist attacks on politicians ("dude you're brown" -> implies that his views should be different because of his skin color/ethnic background?) are OK if they're not white and not on the left?

Jindal didn't say anything really strange. As a European I know that, sadly, there are actually no go areas in Europe. France has them, Sweden has them, and the UK definitely has them.
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #36 on: February 02, 2015, 06:08:42 PM »

This must be the stupidest post I've seen today. Only race-baiting, no real arguments at all. Clearly, racist attacks on politicians ("dude you're brown" -> implies that his views should be different because of his skin color/ethnic background?) are OK if they're not white and not on the left?

Jindal didn't say anything really strange. As a European I know that, sadly, there are actually no go areas in Europe. France has them, Sweden has them, and the UK definitely has them.

Meanwhile, a white man tries to tell an Indian-American that by judging a member of his own community, he has prejudices against his own race.
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #37 on: February 03, 2015, 01:22:43 AM »

Meanwhile, a white man tries to tell an Indian-American that by judging a member of his own community, he has prejudices against his own race.
Right, because white liberals didn't call Cosby racist for the Pound-Cake speech.

I don't see anything about that anywhere. I'm fairly sure I didn't even know what the Pound Cake speech was until today, let alone would have been able to form an opinion on it at ten years old.
RR1997
United States

« Reply #38 on: February 03, 2015, 08:44:54 AM »

What demographic similarities do Jewish Americans share with Indian Americans?  Income and education?  That in itself doesn't suggest a similar level of participation in politics. Lots of Jewish doctors and Indian doctors, but comparatively how many Indian lawyers are there?

Well like you've mentioned, both Indian and Jewish Americans have the highest college graduation rates and the highest incomes. Also Indian-Americans (along with Japanese-Americans too) had the highest voter turnout of any Asian group. 88% of Indian-Americans who were eligible to vote did vote in 2012, while the Asian turnout rate in general was only 47.3%. Jews also had a voter turnout rate of about 80%. The two groups (along with Japanese-Americans too) have the highest participation in politics when it comes to voter turnout. There are a lot of Indian and Jewish doctors, but you're right when you say that there aren't many Indian lawyers (that's starting to change though). There are also a lot of Indians in engineering and in finance (escpecially investment banking) though. This is also the case when it comes to the Jews.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies