Matt for Northeast Senate: A time for gathering (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 10:17:41 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Matt for Northeast Senate: A time for gathering (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Matt for Northeast Senate: A time for gathering  (Read 2734 times)
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« on: January 23, 2015, 10:27:13 PM »

those minimum wage hikes matty boy...

from a star in the right-wing sky to leftwing heart trot

Even I think those wage increases are patently fycking ridiculous. $25 per hour? Is this supposed to be a parody campaign of Labor? Do tell me at least - I can take a good joke.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2015, 08:44:59 AM »

The minimum wage act I proposed was more satirical, if you will, then something I actually want to see enacted. I mainly proposed it, as even though our dear friend Winfield had already resigned since then, I had more of a mindset of "evening the score" in terms of bills introduced. While I support higher wages, and better living standards for all atlasians, it is also not my intent to see business owners go bankrupt, or to see fewer jobs than ever before. But while it was partially satirical, I did also introduce it in order to hopefully start a national discussion about minimum wage. While $25/hour is obviously far too high given current economics, my bill did in fact start a bit of a discussion, and I'm hoping we can turn that talk into: "what is a good, starting living wage to pay our workers?"

Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies