Atlas Ministry of Purity Crimes Self-Reporting Thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 02:25:12 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Atlas Ministry of Purity Crimes Self-Reporting Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9
Author Topic: Atlas Ministry of Purity Crimes Self-Reporting Thread  (Read 17761 times)
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: January 22, 2015, 04:12:50 PM »

Why can't people around here just disagree with a banning without dragging their own pet issues into it?
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #51 on: January 22, 2015, 04:18:53 PM »

Why can't people around here just disagree with a banning without dragging their own pet issues into it?

Because bannings on this forum are almost always manifestations of a different group of posters' pet issues.
DemPGH
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #52 on: January 22, 2015, 04:43:20 PM »

I think this all is a perfectly legit criticism of a process (banning) that is completely arbitrary when you consider what all goes on. I see nothing wrong with having a little fun with it. And, there is a contingent of the forum that's pretty much viewed the way that this thread depicts, so you get to a point where poking fun and laughing about it is all that's left. What's the harm in that? To register a complaint about a poster who was arbitrarily and dismissively banned will either get you ignored, ridiculed, or responded to in a manner that suggests that you're some kind of delinquent. It's an extraordinarily arbitrary use of authority on the forum with no sensible explanation ever given.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #53 on: January 22, 2015, 06:00:44 PM »
« Edited: January 22, 2015, 06:02:41 PM by afleitch »

I don't really understand this thread. Is it supposed to imply that oakvale and his "faction" are SJW's?  

That's not how I interpreted it (I would probably consider myself a "SJW" if that weren't a pejorative). It's making fun of the anti-sex views that seem to run rampant on this forum, and especially the homophobic double standards that result in Libertas being banned because he had the audacity to talk about a gay relationship where the two men *gasp* have sex.

edit: It will also, apparently, be the repository of what I can only assume will be a legendary Simfan post (see below).

Come on now. I've talked at great length about having sex, group sex, sex with priests and general f-u-ck-aroundary with my own husband on this forum. I found it quite cute that the latest iteration of Libertas actually thought he was being sexually daring...
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #54 on: January 22, 2015, 06:29:39 PM »

What's embarrassing about this thread is that it displays severe ignorance. All of the "jokes" in it are only funny if one is some combination of dumb and sexist. I.e. one thinks, for example, that objecting to sexual harassment means thinking "men can't talk to women". And so on.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #55 on: January 22, 2015, 06:30:54 PM »

I don't really understand this thread. Is it supposed to imply that oakvale and his "faction" are SJW's?  

That's not how I interpreted it (I would probably consider myself a "SJW" if that weren't a pejorative). It's making fun of the anti-sex views that seem to run rampant on this forum, and especially the homophobic double standards that result in Libertas being banned because he had the audacity to talk about a gay relationship where the two men *gasp* have sex.

edit: It will also, apparently, be the repository of what I can only assume will be a legendary Simfan post (see below).

Come on now. I've talked at great length about having sex, group sex, sex with priests and general f-u-ck-aroundary with my own husband on this forum. I found it quite cute that the latest iteration of Libertas actually thought he was being sexually daring...
Of course you are exempt from persecution. You are a part of the regime. In any case, Libertas never claimed to be daring. He was just telling a personal story. Some people are good at creating an ongoing narrative about their lives. Bushie has that talent also.
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #56 on: January 22, 2015, 06:47:59 PM »

Tonight, I enjoyed a videogame created by a mostly male production team.

Sorry, Gully : (
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #57 on: January 22, 2015, 06:57:02 PM »

What's embarrassing about this thread is that it displays severe ignorance. All of the "jokes" in it are only funny if one is some combination of dumb and sexist. I.e. one thinks, for example, that objecting to sexual harassment means thinking "men can't talk to women". And so on.

A priest and a rabbi would  have no problem walking into a bar together! This is an outrage. Distortion of facts will not be forgotten by The Regime.
Panda Express

« Reply #58 on: January 22, 2015, 07:00:10 PM »

Come on now. I've talked at great length about having sex with priests

WTF kind of church do you go to?
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #59 on: January 22, 2015, 07:04:20 PM »

I don't want my women talking to people in general
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #60 on: January 22, 2015, 07:44:46 PM »

I don't want my women talking to people in general

Huh? I don't even know what you're trying to say here.
politicus
Atlas Icon
Denmark

« Reply #61 on: January 22, 2015, 07:50:05 PM »

WTF kind of church do did you go to?

Catholic, what else?
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #62 on: January 22, 2015, 07:51:25 PM »

A priest and a rabbi would  have no problem walking into a bar together! This is an outrage. Distortion of facts will not be forgotten by The Regime.

Eh...I think you sort of missed my point. It wasn't that jokes need to conform to reality. Or even be inoffensive - I love jokes that a lot of people find offensive. But if your joke about how anti-racist people are really dumb because political correctness has gone mad!1 is only funny to someone who is a bigoted racist then you're probably better off not telling the joke. And the same goes for sexism. It's not a terribly complex issue.
DC Al Fine
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #63 on: January 22, 2015, 07:54:44 PM »

WTF kind of church do did you go to?

Catholic, what else?

Jesuits gonna Jesuit Wink
World politics is up Schmitt creek
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #64 on: January 22, 2015, 08:09:59 PM »

People have been involuntarily committed for far less than believing in this 'regime'.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #65 on: January 22, 2015, 10:02:40 PM »
« Edited: January 23, 2015, 10:59:44 AM by Torie »

Low on the social totem pole? Are we conflating theology with low self esteem simfan in your text (I am low on the social pole and have low self esteem, and thus to desire anyone is "sinful")? I don't think in Catholic theology "disordered" = "sinful."  E.g., having a sexual attraction to the same sex is "disordered" but only sinful if physical acts are involved, and that has nothing to do with being gay, but about sex outside of marriage, and obtains equally for hetero sex.

To the extent the above is purported to be self description, rather than meant to be jocular jive for a thread that's mostly along those lines, the fit does not ring true to me at all, you being at elite schools and all, highly educated, smart, etc. But humans are complex individuals, and appearances can be totally deceiving, and I realize that more now, than when someone other than ancient. Best.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #66 on: January 22, 2015, 10:22:44 PM »

Eh...I think you sort of missed my point. It wasn't that jokes need to conform to reality. Or even be inoffensive - I love jokes that a lot of people find offensive. But if your joke about how anti-racist people are really dumb because political correctness has gone mad!1 is only funny to someone who is a bigoted racist then you're probably better off not telling the joke. And the same goes for sexism. It's not a terribly complex issue.

The idea that someone has to be a sexist to find satire about anti-sexism amusing is itself a worthy subject of satire.
Panda Express

« Reply #67 on: January 23, 2015, 03:16:20 AM »

^what in tarnation?
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #68 on: January 23, 2015, 03:52:00 AM »

I fully support making this the Simfan Update thread.
politicus
Atlas Icon
Denmark

« Reply #69 on: January 23, 2015, 03:54:51 AM »

It would at least give it a point.
World politics is up Schmitt creek
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #70 on: January 23, 2015, 06:02:15 AM »

X Madeleine
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #71 on: January 23, 2015, 06:35:59 AM »

X Antonio V
checkers
Not Great Bob
Australia

« Reply #72 on: January 23, 2015, 06:42:24 AM »

x beatrice. It would be much more interesting than Bushie's Update.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #73 on: January 23, 2015, 07:37:23 AM »

The idea that someone has to be a sexist to find satire about anti-sexism amusing is itself a worthy subject of satire.

Do you guys do anything other than mischaracterize other peoples' posts? What you just said is not what I said. I explicitly said something different and if you re-read the post (or just use common sense) maybe you'd get it. I joke about sexism all the time. In fact, one of my jokes on sexism was posted in this very thread. Amusingly, it seems that none of the misogynists understood it. Which isn't entirely surprising of course. It's sort of like when conservatives think the Onion is real.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #74 on: January 23, 2015, 08:00:01 AM »

Do you guys do anything other than mischaracterize other peoples' posts? What you just said is not what I said. I explicitly said something different and if you re-read the post (or just use common sense) maybe you'd get it. I joke about sexism all the time. In fact, one of my jokes on sexism was posted in this very thread. Amusingly, it seems that none of the misogynists understood it. Which isn't entirely surprising of course. It's sort of like when conservatives think the Onion is real.

Shua is deliberately contrary Smiley
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies