Atlas Ministry of Purity Crimes Self-Reporting Thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 11:09:18 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Atlas Ministry of Purity Crimes Self-Reporting Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9
Author Topic: Atlas Ministry of Purity Crimes Self-Reporting Thread  (Read 17749 times)
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #125 on: January 25, 2015, 03:07:23 PM »

It seems we have our first purity crimes/comedy goldmine double post! 5 death points for this deleted post.

He regularly flirts with Tr'sawn, a 6'2' African American dancer famous around DC circles. Her extreme height help fuel his "I'm an oompa loompa" themed sex kink.

I curtsey and thank the mods for their generous punishment.

With rumblings from The Atlas subforum that the moderators are compiling The List once again, and now this punishment, it looks like your days are numbered old friend. RIP. Cry

I think you put out more erroneous information about what goes on in the Cave than all the other forumites combined. You have a unique "talent" there, Lief. Smiley
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #126 on: January 25, 2015, 03:13:39 PM »
« Edited: January 25, 2015, 03:20:17 PM by Lief »

I hope everything I say about goings-on in "The Cave" turn out to be untrue, my friend Torie. But unfortunately I have been right about this stuff too many times in the past.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #127 on: January 25, 2015, 04:10:16 PM »
« Edited: March 27, 2015, 04:12:17 PM by Governor Simfan34 »

I love this thread. Cheesy

Meanwhile there is supposed to be a great big snowstorm on Tuesday, as always the Europeans expect a lot of the stuff, about a foot- the NOAA not so much. Either way I expect NORMALLY OPERATING NORMALLY OPERATIONS on campus.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #128 on: January 25, 2015, 04:15:51 PM »

It definitely exceeded expectations big time.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #129 on: January 25, 2015, 04:40:17 PM »

I had impure thoughts about the dozens of hot milfs I saw at the grocery store yesterday.   I'm immediately heading to therapy to make my mind right.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #130 on: January 25, 2015, 04:41:45 PM »
« Edited: January 25, 2015, 04:48:37 PM by Governor Varavour »

It did, didn't it. But wait, what is this?

These aren't the Euros! What is this?! They- the National Weather Service- are talking about "breaking records". The Euros are actually behind here:

Good God, I ought to grab some mulled wine of my own and see what it is those ladies are laughing about, I'm not going to have too many alternatives by the look of it. That is, of course, if we don't have normal operations. In that case I might lose an arm or something.
Deus Naturae
Deus naturae
YaBB God
Croatia

« Reply #131 on: January 25, 2015, 04:43:29 PM »

Simfan, I only skimmed your long ass post several pages back so I may have misinterpreted it, but your problem strikes me as primarily neurological. The human brain is evolutionarily hardwired to fear rejection, especially from women, and researchers have identified a specific part of the brain that produces the feeling of embarrassment. I suspect that this region of your brain is abnormally large, and you just need to discipline yourself to ignore it. If a random girl rejects you or thinks that your weird, it really doesn't matter. What significant negative impact will it have on your life? Trust me, once you stop feeling terrified of what other think of you, your life will just be so much more fulfilling and less stressful. Obsessing over rejection from others will just cause you to be eternally unhappy and ultimately you will preclude the possibility of ever being accepted as attractive by a woman (if your fear prevents you from trying, how will you ever succeed?).

Of course, you shouldn't stop showering or act in a manner that you know women find unattractive, but in general if you happen to be rejected or disliked by a few people in the course of your pursuits, it really doesn't matter.

Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #132 on: January 25, 2015, 04:44:09 PM »

Ugh, America is friggin' cold. Sad I really hope I get admitted in a California university, or else I'll probably won't last the winter...
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #133 on: January 25, 2015, 04:54:27 PM »

hey sim, if the storm is really bad and you're stuck inside, maybe you can head upstairs, bring over a bottle of a wine, and if you're lucky the three of you ca

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #134 on: January 25, 2015, 05:02:33 PM »

hey sim, if the storm is really bad and you're stuck inside, maybe you can head upstairs, bring over a bottle of a wine, and if you're lucky the three of you ca

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

Wait, I already said-

Good God, I might as well grab some mulled wine of my own and see what it is those ladies are laughing about, I'm not going to have too many alternatives by the look of it...

RIP VARAVOUR Cry

And Lief never even managed to finish his sentence....
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #135 on: January 25, 2015, 06:21:56 PM »

I talked to a girl at a bluegrass festival. Her mom came out and started talking to me, and I was so tired by the dominating mother that I wiggled my way out of the conversation. I am sorry for my sins.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #136 on: January 25, 2015, 06:22:38 PM »

It did, didn't it. But wait, what is this?

These aren't the Euros! What is this?! They- the National Weather Service- are talking about "breaking records". The Euros are actually behind here:

Good God, I ought to grab some mulled wine of my own and see what it is those ladies are laughing about, I'm not going to have too many alternatives by the look of it. That is, of course, if we don't have normal operations. In that case I might lose an arm or something.

Why are they using a European model?  This is America.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #137 on: January 25, 2015, 07:18:46 PM »

Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #138 on: January 25, 2015, 07:20:46 PM »
« Edited: January 25, 2015, 07:33:36 PM by Governor Varavour »

Atlas' favourite university says:

Also will be trading Lief Memorial (RIP) Mulled Wine futures... or not. Anyone have recipes? Cheesy
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #139 on: January 25, 2015, 08:23:12 PM »

So now it's a contest.  It's MU verses NOAA versus whatever "European Model" means.  Go Millersville! 
Oak Hills
United States

« Reply #140 on: January 25, 2015, 10:26:09 PM »
« Edited: January 25, 2015, 10:33:55 PM by Oak Hills »

Why has nobody ever proposed using "it" as a neutral pronoun? I mean, that's exactly what it is, the singular neutral pronoun! English is lucky enough to actually have it, so why not use it when you're referring to an unspecified person? I guess the reason is that "it" is usually used to refer to inanimate objects and that it has assumed a bit of a negative connotation, but I still think it's preferable to contrived alternatives like "(s)he", or "they".

Actually, using they in the singular is not contrived at all.  It comes naturally to most first-language English-speakers, and is attested in English as far back as the fifteenth century, iirc.  In fact, I'd argue that at this point he in the gender-neutral sense feels more contrived than singular they to the majority of first-language English-speakers, never mind she, he or she, ey, or whatever else somebody comes up with.  It would simply never work for the reasons politicus outlined.

Loving the way this thread has evolved btw.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #141 on: January 25, 2015, 10:31:52 PM »

Loving the way this thread has evolved btw.

Yes. And now we are sharing mulled wine recipes.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #142 on: January 25, 2015, 10:36:50 PM »

You can basically put whatever you want in mulled wine. Obviously start with red wine, pour that in a pot over low (I guess?) heat. Throw in some cloves, some cinammon sticks, some star anise... that's the basic stuff. If you want it a little sweeter put in a bit of money and mix that in. Probably some sort of orange, where orange juice, orange zest, putting in some orange peels or orange slices to simmer with the wine. I might try some freshly grated ginger as well, but I'm a real freshly grated ginger fiend. Maybe some vanilla if you want?

Just DON'T put in apple cider, or else you cross over into wassail territory.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #143 on: January 25, 2015, 11:29:28 PM »

You can basically put whatever you want in mulled wine. Obviously start with red wine, pour that in a pot over low (I guess?) heat. Throw in some cloves, some cinammon sticks, some star anise... that's the basic stuff. If you want it a little sweeter put in a bit of money and mix that in. Probably some sort of orange, where orange juice, orange zest, putting in some orange peels or orange slices to simmer with the wine. I might try some freshly grated ginger as well, but I'm a real freshly grated ginger fiend. Maybe some vanilla if you want?

Just DON'T put in apple cider, or else you cross over into wassail territory.

Aren't you supposed to put the spices in a teabag of sorts so it doesn't turn into a pulpy wine soup? I guess you can strain them out later, but still.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #144 on: January 25, 2015, 11:41:57 PM »

Nah, as long as you use the whole spices (like not ground up) they hold up fine and don't break down at all.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #145 on: January 25, 2015, 11:43:51 PM »

Great recepies, guys. I just realized that our record is 26 inches, not 36 inches! We're bound to break it! Mother of God, I'm definitely going to need the wine, wish me luck and forgive my subconciously patriarchal and overtly objectifying thoughts here.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #146 on: January 25, 2015, 11:57:01 PM »

I forgive you Simfan, but unfortunately the Regime does not. I would not be surprised if in two to three weeks, when the snow has melted, order is re-established, and the power is put back on, we return to this forum to see that we have all been banned for our impure indiscretions. RIP us all.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #147 on: January 26, 2015, 12:39:05 AM »

I forgive you Simfan, but unfortunately the Regime does not. I would not be surprised if in two to three weeks, when the snow has melted, order is re-established, and the power is put back on, we return to this forum to see that we have all been banned for our impure indiscretions. RIP us all.

RIP indeed. I fear it may be sooner:

vs:

Divide by three? I'd say "¯\_(ツ)_/¯" but we have "NORMAL OPERATIONS" to worry about here. RIP us all!
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #148 on: January 26, 2015, 12:47:51 AM »

According to the weather experts, the Euro model is running right now- the other models have said the storm is heading east and may miss us largely. WILL THE EURO HOLD?

Also the upstairs-neighbours are laughing again, and this time clearly moving furniture!
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #149 on: January 26, 2015, 12:55:25 AM »

RIP EVERYONE! (next week)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length