Atlas Ministry of Purity Crimes Self-Reporting Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 03:43:13 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Atlas Ministry of Purity Crimes Self-Reporting Thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Atlas Ministry of Purity Crimes Self-Reporting Thread  (Read 17818 times)
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« on: January 25, 2015, 09:58:37 AM »

Adding my thing to this debate, in the German language we have had a similar discussion on "gender-ing", though not on the usage of pronouns, more on plural forms (mainly of professions). In German, about every profession has a male and a female form (der Polizist, die Polizistin - the police officer), and a plural in both genders, too (die Polizisten, die Polizistinnen). Now, the usual procedure, also in official use, is to just take a middle way with the so-called "internal I", so to capitalize the "I" while using the femal plural (because you get the male plural if you take away the "in" inside the female plural), which then is die PolizistInnen.
Now that is a debate, because according to some it apparently looks ugly or whatever, and others would prefer if you used male and female forms (then again, some prefer if you take the female first), and so on, and so on... So anyway, this remined me of this here. Consider yourselves advanced to German, as we are still talking about plurals, we haven't even started talking about pronouns Tongue
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies